Amica

Go to CruxDreams.com
I think I have a lot to read here.
That's what you get for dropping from the forums for a few years... ;)
It will be in the Archive as a pdf you can download very soon -
just one, VERY IMPORTANT, episode to go.... ;) :devil:

Amica 102

Afterwards

Deep, dark eyes that glow in the shadows, the perfect oval of the face is framed by jet-black hair that moves like dark sea-waves, black as night, lapping and crashing on the whiteness of the face. She listens with watchful eyes to the man who is speaking, he is charming, tanned, with broad shoulders and greying hair.

They are not alone at this feast, there are many other guests, among them a young reporter collecting information for the chronicle she’s writing. The banqueting hall opens onto a large garden surrounded by a colonnade with ornamental scented plants. Peacocks stroll among the plants, there are fountains, statues of gilded bronze that cast gushing water into small pools of marble. A poet, accompanied by the music of harps and flutes, reads his verses that nobody’s listening to.

But this music enters the head of the woman, carrying a subtle poison - that music ... it isn’t new... An ancient memory resurfaces, it has no clear boundaries, anxiety begins to arise. But where? ... It was another feast ... Yes, now she recalls...

And look! One after another, those faces... why am I here? Why they are here? She lowers her gaze, but her eyes cannot get away from what she seeing, a skeleton with empty sockets, ribs like a cage from which the life has flown, and an old one with hollow cheeks and wide open mouth as if he is trying to shout something, but the cry remains strangled in his throat.

Déjà vu. Full of the unspeakable pain and despair of someone who’s seen death, for a long time she’s tried not to remember, to leave everything behind, not to untangle it... She’s never told anyone, never told of the tragedy that she went through, never spoken of the nightmares that tore her sleep, of the ghosts who came to visit her at night to beg her to tell their stories, their lives, their deaths. The horror of seeing with her own eyes the last moments of their broken lives, broken dreams.

She never wanted to speak of what she saw and experienced in the terrible hours of the eruption, she always kept it closed away in silence, the pain was too much, the tragedy to terrible. But you can’t wipe away and leave behind the trauma, you always have to bring it to the surface, release the pressure, name the pain - better do it now, otherwise it eats your mind from within like a parasite.

And so the memories she has buried emerge from a remote corner of the shadows and caves of her memory, like a shark emerging from the deep.

Her dark eyes dilate, the expression so full of confidence and sensuality vanishes, she looks up with the eyes of one drowning , trying to grab at a rope ... Hands outstretched, eyes glancing around for a face, a look , a word, anything to cling to, but they find nothing. She’s feeling faint, cold sweat oozes out on her temples, she’s a feeling of nausea, no longer able to move her legs, her arms and hands feel heavy, and then comes that feeling as if her heart and the head are about to explode, that something threatening and terrible is about to overwhelm her.

Many of the guests have noticed that something’s happening, alerted by the clink of the silver cup she’s dropped onto the floor. Her eyes are dimmed with fear and look distant, she’s already back in those hours, it is her destiny that sooner or later she must return to that hell and relive it, before she can leave it forever in the past.

'Rectina says, it’s time now...'

All the guests fall silent, they’ve drawn close to listen. Those words echoed in the room as the key to a door that’s stayed closed for too long, the door now opens...

‘Yes, I remember...’

Silence.

'Her name ...'

hesitation,

'my ... name ... was ... Amica ...'

girl-writing-with-stone-jpg.267982

Attachments

• Amica 102.pdf
    9 KB · Views: 31
among them a young reporter collecting information for the chronicle she’s writing.

Where would we be without Chroniclers?

This Chronicler salutes you, Luna, for a truly epic, wonderful saga.

To Velut Luna! :beer:

And to Eulalia who has faithfully translated and advised! :beer:

Amica 102

Afterwards

Deep, dark eyes that glow in the shadows, the perfect oval of the face is framed by jet-black hair that moves like dark sea-waves, black as night, lapping and crashing on the whiteness of the face. She listens with watchful eyes to the man who is speaking, he is charming, tanned, with broad shoulders and greying hair.

They are not alone at this feast, there are many other guests, among them a young reporter collecting information for the chronicle she’s writing. The banqueting hall opens onto a large garden surrounded by a colonnade with ornamental scented plants. Peacocks stroll among the plants, there are fountains, statues of gilded bronze that cast gushing water into small pools of marble. A poet, accompanied by the music of harps and flutes, reads his verses that nobody’s listening to.

But this music enters the head of the woman, carrying a subtle poison - that music ... it isn’t new... An ancient memory resurfaces, it has no clear boundaries, anxiety begins to arise. But where? ... It was another feast ... Yes, now she recalls...

And look! One after another, those faces... why am I here? Why they are here? She lowers her gaze, but her eyes cannot get away from what she seeing, a skeleton with empty sockets, ribs like a cage from which the life has flown, and an old one with hollow cheeks and wide open mouth as if he is trying to shout something, but the cry remains strangled in his throat.

Déjà vu. Full of the unspeakable pain and despair of someone who’s seen death, for a long time she’s tried not to remember, to leave everything behind, not to untangle it... She’s never told anyone, never told of the tragedy that she went through, never spoken of the nightmares that tore her sleep, of the ghosts who came to visit her at night to beg her to tell their stories, their lives, their deaths. The horror of seeing with her own eyes the last moments of their broken lives, broken dreams.

She never wanted to speak of what she saw and experienced in the terrible hours of the eruption, she always kept it closed away in silence, the pain was too much, the tragedy to terrible. But you can’t wipe away and leave behind the trauma, you always have to bring it to the surface, release the pressure, name the pain - better do it now, otherwise it eats your mind from within like a parasite.

And so the memories she has buried emerge from a remote corner of the shadows and caves of her memory, like a shark emerging from the deep.

Her dark eyes dilate, the expression so full of confidence and sensuality vanishes, she looks up with the eyes of one drowning , trying to grab at a rope ... Hands outstretched, eyes glancing around for a face, a look , a word, anything to cling to, but they find nothing. She’s feeling faint, cold sweat oozes out on her temples, she’s a feeling of nausea, no longer able to move her legs, her arms and hands feel heavy, and then comes that feeling as if her heart and the head are about to explode, that something threatening and terrible is about to overwhelm her.

Many of the guests have noticed that something’s happening, alerted by the clink of the silver cup she’s dropped onto the floor. Her eyes are dimmed with fear and look distant, she’s already back in those hours, it is her destiny that sooner or later she must return to that hell and relive it, before she can leave it forever in the past.

All the guests fall silent, they’ve drawn close to listen. Those words echoed in the room as the key to a door that’s stayed closed for too long, the door now opens...

‘Yes, I remember...’

Silence.

'Her name ...'

hesitation,

:clapping:

I never expected anything less, Luna!

Each sentence contains a thousand images and each paragraph a panorama of color and light!

From beginning to end to epilogue, a vista of souls and life and grandeur.

Luna, you astound me!

:bdsm-heart:

To comment this last part : old devils never let us and always follow us, Velut ,and we do live with them ...
Never mind, all our hours are happy or bad ; only the last is ... "relieving" ... ?

For the rest, this story was teached me that we're so much little in front of the world .... and perhaps so quickly ..... forgotten ...
Thanks to you, Velut, for having told us with a so much wonderful manner this Amica'fate , lost in a cruel world and in this deep disaster ...
I ( we, I think !) have lived a great moment of litterature and I (we ...) thanks you for that !:clapping::clapping::clapping:

When an other'one ????:D

Amica 102

Afterwards

‘Yes, I remember...’

Silence.

'Her name ...'

hesitation,

Stunning as usual! It's been such an honor to be a part of such an amazing work!!:bdsm-heart::bdsm-heart::bdsm-heart:

Now that the story of Amica has come to an end, after more than a year since I started to publish (a 'feuilleton' as could be defined , or worse than a south american soap opera 'telenovela' with more than 100 episodes), I have to thank my loyal readers who have not given up from following me, or rather always ask new stories! Hoping not to have them too bored I must warn them that for a short time I have to be away from the Forum, first because I have to make a little vacation, are more than two years that I do not do, and then because I have to find a little bit of time and space for myself as the work engages me more and more and become more and more demanding.

But the biggest thanks is for Eulalia that all this time have followed me, have supported and tolerated, certainly not without her help I could, and I might not have even started, to write and publish this story.
I regret to readers who've lost along the way.
Those that have joined for the last must patiently reread episodes lost, but thanks to the forthcoming publication of an e-book and a .pdf from the publisher Madiosi have simplified life.
I will publish two more short notes and then leave you in good company of other wonderful writers who compete here with great success.
I must also thank the 'administrators' of the forum for the hospitality I received, for availability that have always shown.
Is not a goodbye, just an 'arrivederci', see you soon ... with a new story for those who have the courage to follow me ...

;)Luna;)

First note.

'Ab altero latere nubes atra et horrenda ignei spiritus, tortis vibratisque discursibus rupta in longas flammarum figuras dehiscebat, fulguribus illae et similes et maiores erant: nec multo post illa nubes descendere in terras, operire maria; cinxerat Capreas et absconderat, Miseni quod procurrit, abstulerat. Iam cinis, adhuc tamen rarus, respicio, densa caligo tergis imminebat, quae nos, torrentis modo infusa terrae, sequebatur: nox non qualis illunis et nubila, sed qualis in locis clausis lumine extincto. Paululum illuxit, quod non dies nobis, sed adventantis ignis indicium videbatur. Et ignis quidem longius substitit, tenebrae rursus, cinis rursus multus et gravis: hunc identidem assurgentes excutiebamus, operti alioqui, atque eliam oblisi pondere essemus: tandem illa caligo tenuata in fumum nebulamve decessit.'

From the letter of Pliny the Younger to Tacitus.

Dynamics of explosive eruptions of Plinian type.

It has been established a close relationship between the magnitude of the eruptions and the duration of previous recovery intervals. Almost all major historical eruptions have covered volcanoes remained dormant for centuries.

When forecasting, it assumes considerable importance detect the time between injection of new magma and the subsequent eruption. In many volcanoes this time interval can be measured in weeks or months, but in others it appears to be considerably more reduced, that is, days or even hours.

Immediately before an eruption may register a significant increase in reports S / C, SO2 / CO2, S / Cl, as the total amount of HCl. A considerable increase of the proportions of the components of the mantle is often to indicate that the level of the magma is raised inside a dormant volcano and that we can expect an eruption
Before 79 AD, under the volcano he had come accumulating a pool of magma. You can not determine when this magma chamber had begun to form, but it had a volume of least 3.6 cubic kilometers, was located about three kilometers below the earth's surface and was layered with several components, with the alkaline magma rich volatiles (55 percent of SiO2 and nearly 10 percent of K2O) overlying another magma slightly more dense and rich in magnesium and iron.

Earthquakes can occur in swarms in the areas of stress concentration such as adjacent faults, and in the immediate vicinity of the magma chambers where they are experiencing pressure changes.

The magma movements can also affect the water table; in this case it is possible to detect changes in flow and temperature of groundwater.

Isotopic analysis of the Neapolitan volcanic magma show signs of a significant mixing with the surrounding rock, thus think that the basin is not a continuous body cast. It might instead look more like a sponge, with the magma escaping from numerous fractures in the rock. The impressive magma layer could then feed basins smaller and closer to the surface, however, too small to be identified with the current seismic techniques.

Injection of new magma may also cause rashes altering thermal equilibrium, chemical or mechanical magma older in a low basin. The new magma from deeper sources and warmer can suddenly raise the temperature of the existing and colder, with related effects of convection and blisters.

The magma, rising from the depths, suffers a significant drop in pressure. At a depth of ten kilometers, for example, the pressure is about 300 Megapascals (MPa), which is equivalent to three thousand times the atmospheric pressure. This significant change has several consequences on the physical and on the flow of magma.If the magma is ready to pour off in a basin at a high level even a slight change of regional stress, usually associated with an earthquake, it can disturb the balance of the system and cause an eruption.

The rocks are particularly strong from the point of view of compression but weak from that of the voltage (with forces of about 1,5x107 bar). This causes the force limit of the rocks that cover a magmatic body during cooling and vesiculation is easily exceeded before the magma to solidify. When this happens, an explosive eruption occurs.

The arrival of the magma in the vicinity of the surface thickens the pelvis and swells the surface itself.

Many observers have noted how the eruptions tend to be initiated or strengthened in the early stages of the full moon, when the stronger the 'action of the tide on the crust.
At one point, the magma in its purest form was in contact with water that permeated the earth and seeping down along the volcano starting the first event, that is, that small phreatic-magmatic eruption that threw on the outside walls of a volcano rain of fine-grained gray rocks. This probably took place at night or in the morning of October 24.

According to the average rise of magma detected from some recent research, the magma in the chamber under Vesuvius may have begun to rise in the conduit of the volcano at a rate> 0.2 meters per second a few hours before the eruption: ie, approximately at nine in the morning of October 24.

The surface of the volcano broke shortly after noon, causing explosive decompression of the main body of magma ... The exit velocity of the magma was about 1,440 kilometers per hour (Mach 1). For the phenomenon of convection were launched to a height of twenty-eight kilometers hot gases and fragments of pumice.
The total heat energy released throughout the eruption can be calculated using this formula: Eth = V • d • T • K, where Eth, the thermal energy is expressed in joules, V is the volume in cubic kilometers, d is the specific gravity (1.0), T is the temperature of the substances belch'd (500 degrees Celsius), and K is a constant that includes the specific heat of the magma and the mechanical equivalent of heat (8,37x1014).
This means that the thermal energy released during the eruption of AD 79 It was approximately 2x1018 joules. That is about 100,000 times that of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

The effect of the sudden escape of large volumes of magma can alter the geometry of piping natural destabilize the low basin and cause structural collapse.
Such a situation often leads to an increase in the intensity eruption, connecting fluid magma and groundwater, as well as the explosive decompression of the hydrothermal system connected to the basin below.

During the (first) stage, the radius of the chimney was probably in the order of a hundred meters. With the eruption continued, the inevitable enlargement of the chimney allowed the ejection of large masses even more. On the evening of 24, the height of the column was increased. They were gradually touched deeper and deeper levels within the magma chamber until, after about seven hours, was reached gray pumice most rich in magnesium and iron. This pumice was erupted at the rate of a ton and a half a second and came by convection to a maximum height of about thirty kilometers.

There comes a point at which the magma is erupted with such speed that the density of the eruption column is too high because we can have a stable convection. When this condition prevails there is the collapse of the column, which results in pyroclastic flows and surges by far the deadliest of the fall of volcanic rock.
It is dangerous to believe that the worst is over, after the initial explosive phase. Anticipating the end of an eruption is even more difficult to predict the beginning.

Effects on human body.
The human body can only survive for a few moments at a temperature of over two hundred degrees centigrade, especially if immersed in the fast current of a wave volcanic. Groped to breathe in a dense cloud of hot ash in the absence of oxygen is equivalent to lose consciousness after a few seconds, as well as cause serious burns to the respiratory tract. On the other hand, however, you can survive in the more distal parts of a wave if you can take advantage of a suitable shelter from heat current, as well as stones and building materials that swirl inside this cloud moving.

Second note.

Eruptive history of Vesuvius after the year 79.

Contrary to what everyone believes, the ashes of the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 have not completely buried Pompeii. Pyroclastic flows have completely buried Herculaneum and Oplontis, now Torre Annunziata. A thick layer of ash settled on the city of Pompeii, but not more than six or seven meters, leaving out the ruins of the highest buildings.

The Emperor Titus Vespasian, after that Vesuvius had appeased his fury, about a year later, sent to inspect the disaster, Pompeii excavations were initiated to recover the statues of the temples, it was liberated from the ashes almost entirely the area of Forum, then it is impossible to complete the recovery of the whole city the work was abandoned.

It would not explain why during the work of recovery, initiated by the King of Naples Charles III of Spain in 1748, they did not find statues and all public buildings around the hole were devoid of marble coverings and decorations and most of the columns without capitals , which instead were found on the columns were buried.
The condition of the premises, found buried under a thick layer of ash in 1748, is a result of successive eruptions of Vesuvius.

The first news of a persistent activity of Vesuvius "emits a lot of ash which leads to the sea" is shown in 172 Galen, the greek doctor describes the properties of the dry air of the place created by subterranean fires.

In the life of Septimius Severus, Dione Cassius reports a violent eruption in 203 when Vesuvius spat an extraordinary amount of igneous material. The eruption lasted about ten days, the explosions were heard up to Capua, 40 km from the Vesuvius.
News of other two major eruptions occurred in 472 and 512 are reported by Marcellino Comite, chancellor of the Emperor Justinian. These reports that on November 6 472 "Vesuvius, torrid mountain of Campania burning of internal fires, threw up the bowels burned; during the day brought the darkness with a small dust on the surface of the whole of Europe", the wind carried the ash up to Tripoli in Libya and in Constantinople. The eruption gave signs already from a year earlier. In his history of the Western Empire Sigonio he says that in the year 472 Vesuvius troubled by the internal fire erupted. This is considered a sub-Plinian eruption: the eruption of Pollena.

The eruption of 512 is then described in detail by Cassiodorus, a superintendent of King Theodoric, in a letter written to ask the tax exemption for the populations affected by the eruption. This eruption is spoken for the first time by the spillage of lava, the eruption was characterized by loud noises. He reports that "flies a burnt ash that, after forming the powdery clouds, rain with drops of dust even the overseas provinces. It can see ash rivers flowing like liquid flowing that drag warm sands and the back of the fields suddenly swells up to the treetops. " This eruption is probably responsible for the complete burial of the ruins of Pompeii. Also on the north, precisely in Somma Vesuviana, he brought its destruction and caused the disappearance of the beautiful villa of Augustus, and recently found its way to recovery.
An explosive eruption, which occurred between 680 and 685, is reported by Paolo Diacono in the Historia Longobardorum. This happened during the reign of Constantine fourth, is supposed to be the same as observed by the Prince of Salerno and reported in a chronicle.

Others are reported in 787 and 968. Leone Marsicano, in the chronicles of the Abbey of Montecassino, talking about the eruption of 968, it refers to "a great and unusual fire that came down to the sea." In this eruption there is evidence of a lava flow, defined as "resin sulphurous uninterrupted impetuously rushed towards the sea".
Numerous authors speak of eruptions in 991, 993 and 999, but since that time imbued with the conviction of an imminent end of the world, any reference to disasters should be read with a degree of suspicion.

Other eruptions were recorded in the course of the millennium, the activity of this period include the sub-plinian eruption in 1631, and a series of small eruptions effusive and explosive low energy, which gave lava flows along the western and southern flanks of the volcano and levels of waste of the Middle Ages.
Eruptions after the year 1631 no longer have affected the situation of the Pompeian.
After the eruption of 1631 and until 1944 Vesuvius was marked by activities led to substantially open. In this period they were distinguished 18 strombolian cycles, separated by short periods of no activity, never more than seven years and each closed by violent eruptions such eruptions "final". Inside each cycle occurred frequently predominantly effusive eruptions, eruptions such "intermediate".

The eruption of 1906 (eruption "final") is the most violent manifestation of Vesuvius in '900. The eruption of 1944, an eruption of "terminal" character is explosive effusive (mixed eruption), it was the last in order of time and marked the transition of the volcano to a state of activity in closed conduit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom