Attaching Video Clips

Go to CruxDreams.com
so how do i attache video clips? I've tried with .rm and .wmv but get a message saying "format not recoginzeed".

so how do i attache video clips? I've tried with .rm and .wmv but get a message saying "format not recoginzeed".
If you're posting from a website like Youtube or Xhamster or Rapidshit, just copy & past the url address. But, I don't think the forum will support downloads from your harddrive.

I had the same question months ago, (searched for the message, but alas, unable to find it) and then, one of the admins told me in order to post a video from your hard drive, you first need to upload your video to DailyMotion.com or Vimeo.com (Both are easy to join at no cost and appear to be more open than youtube) . Then post that link here.

Again, you need to be carefull about copyrights....We don't want to get THIS site in any trouble.

I hope I described this procedure correctly admins, if not, correct me please?

You can zip & post small clips ... not sure what the size limit is

Mmm, like your profile photo... nobbing at the prospect to vidi that!

I'm experimenting with zipping video files then uploading as normal.

Yep it works as nardnob said but I don't know what the maximum file size is..will find out. The clip attached was about 4MB. Simply zip the file using a free prog like 7zip then upload it.

Attachments

• Christina__Reiko_whip.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 106
I can't unzip that - I often have that problem, as I only use CamUnZip which seems to be mainly for written texts.

I can't unzip that - I often have that problem, as I only use CamUnZip which seems to be mainly for written texts.

What I've found to work for ANY zipped file, is a free app called 7-zip. Try it?
Another which is shareware is Unrar.....
I didn't wish to watch it, but it opened with WinRar, but you need quicktime or realplayer to view it.

You need to download the two above applications, install them before they function.....7-zip, and WinRar.....

thanks Marcie, I'll try those -​
but I hope Melissa, Julie, etc. will go on posting videos via 'unlisted' YouTube links​

Download the free 7-zip. When you right click on a file one of the options is to unzip it. We'll continue to use Youtube but for many folk zipping small (about 5MB) files is a convenient way of directly uploading. The Christina Reiko file I uploaded opens with KMP player, VLC and Windows Media Player among others.

Back
Top Bottom