Barb Time-travels...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Grim reading - but very fine writing!
Thanks Eul... but that is what 'botched executions' are.

The conclusion of this story in Barb Time Travels...

The disgraced Barbara Moore, cold-blooded murderess, lay in the county morgue for days.

bury 009.jpg

Disowned by her family and most of her friends and her assets tied up in court while it was being determined if they should be used to pay reparations to Joan’s ‘grieving’ sister Jane. Her only remaining friend Siss worked to scrap enough money to provide a decent burial for Barb.

Assistant Warden Jane Tree was able to deflect blame for the botched execution onto the prison maintenance staff for leaving the 120 V breakers in the box after the circuit continuity had been tested instead replacing them with the four 240 V breakers needed for the execution. Because the warden secretly enjoyed the torture Barb experienced while being executed the maintenance superintendent received a mild reprimand that the extent of his punishment would be to provide a pre-execution checklist to avoid such a mistake in the future. Upon doing so the reprimand would be purged.

The exasperated and tired Siss returns to her hotel room that night still unable to secure the funds to cover Barb’s burial and the county deadline of burying Barb’s body in a ‘potters’ field at noon tomorrow. She notices the balcony door is open and someone is sitting at the table on it. She calls “Don’t move! I have a gun!”

“Bullshit, you do not” Tree calls back. “Come on out.”

Siss pours a glass of wine and walks onto the balcony. Tree lights a cigarette as she sits down.

tree god dark 2.jpg

He says “I took care of Barb’s funeral. Don’t worry about the money. It’s paid for.”

Suspiciously Siss asks why would Tree pay for his sister’s killer’s funeral. He says “I always liked Barb and Joan was more than a bit of a bitch and Jane isn’t much better.”

“I’m not going to bed with you for this” Siss warns.

“Did I ask you to do so?” Tree replies.

A few days later Barb’s body is transported to her beloved blue state. Many friends of hers from some forum attend the graveside funeral. The rich bronze casket is lowered into her final resting spot. That night at a nearby restaurant the subdued gathering reminisces her life…

Tree

Last edited:
Damn it’s my last three minutes alive and couldn’t control my bladder. I am angry with myself but try to rationalize that I am hardly the first to soil myself. I try to breathe deeply, savoring air while I still can but the tight thick straps about my neck and ribs make breathing difficult. All the straps are cinched painfully tight convincing me when I am electrocuted my body will involuntarily buck violently. The neck strap prevents me from lowering my head to hide my face from witnesses and cameras while all the straps relentless press me into the thick wood of the chair. The head electrodes press painfully against my skull.

To my left is the stainless steel gurney waiting for my soon-dead body. As I look at the wheeled table when the guard’s question ‘What happens if her eyes pop out’ rings in my head and I wonder if that will happen to me. I feel bile raising in my throat and I barely choke bake the vomit.

I can’t say I don’t deserve this- being executed that is; I did murder Joan Tree in premeditated cold blood- but I was prepared not for the prolonged ritual of mounting me to the chair nor the humiliation Jane Tree inflicted upon me. I sit strapped in the implement of my death as nearly cold air sweeps my bare breast. I may deserve to die but that offers no solace as the last seconds of my life tick away. My bowels churn and I squeeze my bottom tight trying to contain the eruption when I hear over the speaker “Miss Barbara Moore, you have convicted of the murder in the first degree of Joan Tree and have been sentenced to death for your crime. You waived your rights to all appeals. The governor of this great state has just affirmed the death sentence for your heinous crime. Execution team, perform your duty.

“Oh, God, no” I whimper.

Jane Tree looks the clock and at 1:00:50 AM commands “Fry the bitch!”

I hear the heavy copper switch as it glides down to complete the circuit. I jerk as I feel the current course over and through my body!

Barbara’s fingers and toes curl reflexively. For ten seconds electricity tortures her body and mind before the switch is opened. The first pull should have rendered her unconscious even if doesn’t stop her heart the first pull. When the switch is opened Barb slumps but instead of being unconscious she groans “Crap, is it over?”

Jane raises an eyebrow and says “pull it again.”

He does and leaves the circuit on for 30 seconds before opening it again yet Barb is only dazed but still conscious! While Jane doesn’t mind watching Barb suffer she knows something isn’t right. She rushes to the breaker box. Her eyes widen as she peers in and sees there is only one 120 volt breaker instead four 240 volt breakers. Barb is being hit with only 1/8 the voltage and amperage she is supposed to receive! Jane spots a second breaker lying in the bottom of electric box. As she works to place the breaker in the other leg of the circuit while Barb moans “Stop it! Please stop it!”

Jane slams the box door and pulls the switch again. Barb’s body strains against the straps and though the voltage and amperage is double what the first two served it was still only one fourth the electricity the chair was designed for. At one point Barb raises her head and opens her eyes. She looks to the window in the steel door and sees Siss looking back hopelessly.

View attachment 399698

Forty seconds into the order she begins to froth at mouth and drool.

View attachment 399694

Her head rolls to the right and she looks over at the witness room and sees the 12 official witnesses with their heads down knowing something has gone horribly wrong.

View attachment 399696

At a full minute Jane stops the third shock. She lifts Barb’s chin and finds Barb’s eyes open but unresponsive to light shown into them. She places the stethoscope on Barb’s chest and detects only weak but very irregular heartbeat. Joan pulls the switch down again and again Barb bucks in the straps but it is more from the electric stimulation of her muscles. Jane leaves the current flowing for well past a minute until smoke waifs from Barb’s head and from the back of her leg where the second electrode is strapped. Jane cuts the current and listens again for Barb’s heartbeat and finds none.

View attachment 399695

She presses the intercom button and announces “At 1:06:30 the prisoner is dead.”

The curtains are drawn over the chamber’s windows. Jane goes back to switch and pulls it one more time. She leaves the circuit one until she fears Barb’s body will begin to flame.

Tree

All done but the epilog…
Excellent writing Tree!
Did they get a good video for the other inmates? Did her breasts do some great jiggling?:p:cool:

The disgraced Barbara Moore, cold-blooded murderess, lay in the county morgue for days.

View attachment 399713

Disowned by her family and most of her friends and her assets tied up in court while it was being determined if they should be used to pay reparations to Joan’s ‘grieving’ sister Jane. Her only remaining friend Siss worked to scrap enough money to provide a decent burial for Barb.

Assistant Warden Jane Tree was able to deflect blame for the botched execution onto the prison maintenance staff for leaving the 120 V breakers in the box after the circuit continuity had been tested instead replacing them with the four 240 V breakers needed for the execution. Because the warden secretly enjoyed the torture Barb experienced while being executed the maintenance superintendent received a mild reprimand that the extent of his punishment would be to provide a pre-execution checklist to avoid such a mistake in the future. Upon doing so the reprimand would be purged.

The exasperated and tired Siss returns to her hotel room that night still unable to secure the funds to cover Barb’s burial and the county deadline of burying Barb’s body in a ‘potters’ field at noon tomorrow. She notices the balcony door is open and someone is sitting at the table on it. She calls “Don’t move! I have a gun!”

Siss pours a glass of wine and walks onto the balcony. Tree lights a cigarette as she sits down.

View attachment 399712

He says “I took care of Barb’s funeral. Don’t worry about the money. It’s paid for.”

Suspiciously Siss asks why would Tree pay for his sister’s killer’s funeral. He says “I always liked Barb and Joan was more than a bit of a bitch and Jane isn’t much better.”

A few days later Barb’s body is transported to her beloved blue state. Many friends of hers from some forum attend the graveside funeral. The rich bronze casket is lowered into her final resting spot. That night at a nearby restaurant the subdued gathering reminisces her life…

Tree
That was very kind of you Tree, to pay for Barb's funeral.

Excellent writing Tree!
Did they get a good video for the other inmates? Did her breasts do some great jiggling?:p:cool:
I wasn't there and don't subscribe to RR Platinum Video Entertainment Channel and Ulrika wasn't around to hack into the feed...
That was very kind of you Tree, to pay for Barb's funeral.
She's really a nice girl, even if she shot my sister...

T

Damn it’s my last three minutes alive and couldn’t control my bladder. I am angry with myself but try to rationalize that I am hardly the first to soil myself. I try to breathe deeply, savoring air while I still can but the tight thick straps about my neck and ribs make breathing difficult. All the straps are cinched painfully tight convincing me when I am electrocuted my body will involuntarily buck violently. The neck strap prevents me from lowering my head to hide my face from witnesses and cameras while all the straps relentless press me into the thick wood of the chair. The head electrodes press painfully against my skull.

To my left is the stainless steel gurney waiting for my soon-dead body. As I look at the wheeled table when the guard’s question ‘What happens if her eyes pop out’ rings in my head and I wonder if that will happen to me. I feel bile raising in my throat and I barely choke bake the vomit.

I can’t say I don’t deserve this- being executed that is; I did murder Joan Tree in premeditated cold blood- but I was prepared not for the prolonged ritual of mounting me to the chair nor the humiliation Jane Tree inflicted upon me. I sit strapped in the implement of my death as nearly cold air sweeps my bare breast. I may deserve to die but that offers no solace as the last seconds of my life tick away. My bowels churn and I squeeze my bottom tight trying to contain the eruption when I hear over the speaker “Miss Barbara Moore, you have convicted of the murder in the first degree of Joan Tree and have been sentenced to death for your crime. You waived your rights to all appeals. The governor of this great state has just affirmed the death sentence for your heinous crime. Execution team, perform your duty.

“Oh, God, no” I whimper.

Jane Tree looks the clock and at 1:00:50 AM commands “Fry the bitch!”

I hear the heavy copper switch as it glides down to complete the circuit. I jerk as I feel the current course over and through my body!

Barbara’s fingers and toes curl reflexively. For ten seconds electricity tortures her body and mind before the switch is opened. The first pull should have rendered her unconscious even if doesn’t stop her heart the first pull. When the switch is opened Barb slumps but instead of being unconscious she groans “Crap, is it over?”

Jane raises an eyebrow and says “pull it again.”

He does and leaves the circuit on for 30 seconds before opening it again yet Barb is only dazed but still conscious! While Jane doesn’t mind watching Barb suffer she knows something isn’t right. She rushes to the breaker box. Her eyes widen as she peers in and sees there is only one 120 volt breaker instead four 240 volt breakers. Barb is being hit with only 1/8 the voltage and amperage she is supposed to receive! Jane spots a second breaker lying in the bottom of electric box. As she works to place the breaker in the other leg of the circuit while Barb moans “Stop it! Please stop it!”

Jane slams the box door and pulls the switch again. Barb’s body strains against the straps and though the voltage and amperage is double what the first two served it was still only one fourth the electricity the chair was designed for. At one point Barb raises her head and opens her eyes. She looks to the window in the steel door and sees Siss looking back hopelessly.

View attachment 399698

Forty seconds into the order she begins to froth at mouth and drool.

View attachment 399694

Her head rolls to the right and she looks over at the witness room and sees the 12 official witnesses with their heads down knowing something has gone horribly wrong.

View attachment 399696

At a full minute Jane stops the third shock. She lifts Barb’s chin and finds Barb’s eyes open but unresponsive to light shown into them. She places the stethoscope on Barb’s chest and detects only weak but very irregular heartbeat. Joan pulls the switch down again and again Barb bucks in the straps but it is more from the electric stimulation of her muscles. Jane leaves the current flowing for well past a minute until smoke waifs from Barb’s head and from the back of her leg where the second electrode is strapped. Jane cuts the current and listens again for Barb’s heartbeat and finds none.

View attachment 399695

She presses the intercom button and announces “At 1:06:30 the prisoner is dead.”

The curtains are drawn over the chamber’s windows. Jane goes back to switch and pulls it one more time. She leaves the circuit one until she fears Barb’s body will begin to flame.

Tree

All done but the epilog…
Who was it who tampered with my box? ... Not that one! .. I meant the circuit breaker box! Not fair! This was supposed to be quck. Zap! Bingo! Dead! I wasn't supposed to suffer like that!

First rate thick description again Tree. Nicely crafted. So real I could almost feel the tingle and jolt of the current as I read.

Now , on to the epilogue!

View attachment 399713

View attachment 399712

Tree

Good thing this wasn't a Dolcett yarn or they would have been eating my fried body! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom