Confession

Go to CruxDreams.com
Is this a fantasy or reality?

To Pp's mind it is never as simple as choosing one method, or methods, of interrogation. The whole process must assess the subject and take into account her/his fears and even her/his mental state.

Is there an audience or is the interrogator alone with the subject? Are there others to be interrogated as well? Can their presence be used to advantage? Will the subject break easily or will they endure longer? What will the confession be used for? If the real truth is needed that may not come as easily as lies the subject might think the interrogator will accept for mercy.

Remember that some may desire a martyr's death and may hold out until they are released from torment through that death.

Is this a fantasy or reality?

To Pp's mind it is never as simple as choosing one method, or methods, of interrogation. The whole process must assess the subject and take into account her/his fears and even her/his mental state.

Is there an audience or is the interrogator alone with the subject? Are there others to be interrogated as well? Can their presence be used to advantage? Will the subject break easily or will they endure longer? What will the confession be used for? If the real truth is needed that may not come as easily as lies the subject might think the interrogator will accept for mercy.

Remember that some may desire a martyr's death and may hold out until they are released from torment through that death.

The words of experience here....so much to think about.;)

Sometimes the subject's familiarity with her interrogator is to the interrogator's advantage. The fear is already there, gut already churning, bladder wanting to let go, the process of breaking her already begun. But, sometimes, it can prepare the subject to withstand. Hence the need for the interrogator to have a flexible approach, to adapt the interrogation to the subject's responses.

Sometimes the subject's familiarity with her interrogator is to the interrogator's advantage. The fear is already there, gut already churning, bladder wanting to let go, the process of breaking her already begun. But, sometimes, it can prepare the subject to withstand. Hence the need for the interrogator to have a flexible approach, to adapt the interrogation to the subject's responses.

pensive look2.jpg And if the subject is totally passive ... no sign of either fear or defiance?

And if the subject is totally passive ... no sigh of either fear or defiance?
A martyr perhaps? Resigned to death? Accepting death? Pp would need to be close to her. To touch her, to get a much better feeling for her, to get a better sense of how she is responding but this is a much more difficult challenge.

No one has mentioned the time element yet, allowing her to suffer slowly, giving her the impression that the pain will last forever, until she admits her guilt.
The wooden horse, as shown in the video would be ideal to let her pain linger, allowing the torturer to get inside her mind, slowly adding more weights to her feet, if she refuses to confess.

What is the best way to extract a confession from a heretic?
How long should it take to get her to confess her guilt?
Should she be clothed or undressed?
By what means should the execution be carried out?

All ideas and comments welcome:

Great, I love these historical films, can you find any more like this?

She is pushed into the inquistion chamber ahead of her interrogator. She had been quite beautiful when they arrested her, the darling of the town, pursued by many suitors. But now her fine clothes have been replaced with rags, filthy, torn. Her dark hair is matted, tangled, flecked with straw from the sparse covering on the stone flagged cell floor. Bones sharp above her hollowed cheeks. Her eyes are sunken, dark, tired.

image.jpg

She had been chained, naked, to a ring in the wall for three days, fed but a little coarse bread and some foetid water, forced to piss and shit in front of the gaoler in an unemptied bucket, to clean herself with handfuls of the straw when the fear wrenched her bowels. Kept awake. She knew this was their way. Humiliate her, start to break her. No questions, not yet.

She was given a ragged dress to cover herself, no underthings, her wrists tied tight behind her back and forced ahead of the interrogator to the Inquistion Chamber. She cannot bear to look around but she senses torment here and she feels the heat from a brazier.

Her interrogator gives her a hard shove between her shoulders and she sprawls, face first onto the stone floor at the feet of a red-robed Cardinal. The Inquistor, seated at a dark wooden table topped with papers and a black leather-covered bible, flanked by two black-robed priests.

She struggles to her knees, blood dripping down her cheek from a cut where the bone struck the hard stone floor, and her eyes follow up the red robes to the savage hawk-like face.

The Cardinal speaks, a cold, hard voice. "Barbara Moore, you are charged with heresy, the willful and persistent rejection of articles of faith by a baptized member of the church. The penalty is death."

"We have evidence, witnesses to your apostasy. But we must have your confession. Will you give it willingly?"

The woman shivers as fear grips her but she shakes her head. "I am innocent, never a heretic. I love my God and His Church."

"Then you leave us no alternative. We will extract your confession under duress." And the Inquistor nods to the interrogator to begin his work.

Last edited:
She is pushed into the inquistion chamber ahead of her interrogator. She had been quite beautiful when they arrested her, the darling of the town, pursued by many suitors. But now her fine clothes have been replaced with a rags filthy, torn. Her dark hair is matted, tangled, flecked with straw from the sparse covering on the stone flagged cell floor. Bones sharp above her hollowed cheeks. Her eyes are sunken, dark, tired.

View attachment 216275

She had been there chained, naked, to a ring in the wall for three days, fed but a little coarse bread and some foetid water, forced to piss and shit in front of the gaoler in an unemptied bucket, to clean herself with handfuls of the straw when the fear wrenched her bowels. Kept awake. She knew this was their way. Humiliate her, start to break her. No questions, not yet.

She was given a ragged dress to cover herself, no underthings, her wrists tied tight behind her back and forced ahead of the interrogator to the Inquistion Chamber. She cannot bear to look around but she senses torment here and she feels the heat from a brazier.

Her interrogator gives her a hard shove between her shoulders and she sprawls, face first onto the stone floor at the feet of a red-robed Cardinal. The Inquistor, seated at a dark wooden table topped with papers and a black leather-covered bible, flanked by two black-robed priests.

She struggles to her knees, blood dripping down her cheek from a cut where the bone struck the hard stone floor, and her eyes follow up the red robes to the savage hawk-like face.

The Cardinal speaks, a cold, hard voice. "Barbara Moore, you are charged with heresy, the willful and persistent rejection of articles of faith by a baptized member of the church. The penalty is death."

"We have evidence, witnesses to your apostasy. But we must have your confession. Will you give it willingly?"

The woman shivers as fear grips her but she shakes her head. "I am innocent, never a heretic. I love my God and His Church."

"Then you leave us no alternative. We will extract your confession under duress." And the Inquistor nods to the interrogator to begin his work.

My God...what is happening to me?....who could possibly have made such false charges against me? ... and they must be serious charges if even the Cardinal (he is so ugly and harsh looking) has taken an interest. I am cold, and frightened... my body aches...I am half naked, exposed ....I feel sick ... my cheek is bleeding ... I brush the blood oozing from my cut cheek with the back of my hand...should I beg for mercy? .... Please, your holy eminence, hear me out....this must be a case of mistaken identity ... or someone who bears a grudge against me has reported falsely about me ... I am no heretic, I am a faithful god-fearing woman...you have to believe me, please. Return my clothing to me and let me walk out of here. I will be forever faithful and always abide by the teachings of the Church. I promise. Please!! Please!! Noooooooooooooooooo. Unhand me.....nooooo.....sob ..... please, please!!!

Last edited:
What is the best way to extract a confession from a heretic?
How long should it take to get her to confess her guilt?
Should she be clothed or undressed?
By what means should the execution be carried out?

All ideas and comments welcome:

I guess you know the answer......1) A long time, maybe a week...2) Undressed ofc..(stripped piece by piece...) 3) Crucifixion ofc! This is CF!

Back
Top Bottom