Forest Crucifixion - Vivian's Crossroad

Go to CruxDreams.com
View attachment 672499View attachment 672500
That's the trouble with using a virtual whip.
Agree:) these pics are from old session, that time I sometimes used red marker, like in this05.jpg07.jpg in those pics I forget about it:) in last sessions I made whip marks with lipstickV 13.jpgV 14.jpgV 187.jpgV 38.jpgthis looks a little better, but I want to make it more realistic in future session (if we make it)

Attachments

• V 22.jpg
    V 22.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 248
678986-5620a006a408491b3d0ae16706c2ddc6.jpg
It works very well in monochrome. :)

Especially her shadow
Yes - Gerome's painting is lit by sunlight filtering through the gaps between the overhead awnings, coming from the left, and falling in narrow strips of illumination across the floor and up onto the spectator stands.
Morten has introduced a secondary light source, illuminating Vivian from the right, and casting a long shadow behind her. :)

Yes - Gerome's painting is lit by sunlight filtering through the gaps between the overhead awnings, coming from the left, and falling in narrow strips of illumination across the floor and up onto the spectator stands.
Morten has introduced a secondary light source, illuminating Vivian from the right, and casting a long shadow behind her. :)
Yeas, that's right:);) sorry, I'm not a paintet and understand almost nothing in real or digital painting.

Yeas, that's right:);) sorry, I'm not a paintet and understand almost nothing in real or digital painting.
Don't feel too bad, Morten, Bob is an experienced artist. Painting from scratch is one thing, but with manips we have to marry up two or more differently lit images and it is bloody difficult to reach the kind of standard that he achieves. ;)

The treatment of light in this painting demonstrates Gerome's genius.
If he had painted it without those remarkable strips of sunlight, it would all be in shady, ambient lighting - much easier for manipulations! ;)

Don't feel too bad, Morten, Bob is an experienced artist. Painting from scratch is one thing, but with manips we have to marry up two or more differently lit images and it is bloody difficult to reach the kind of standard that he achieves. ;)
Many manipulators find it easier to combine figures and backgrounds which do not have directional lighting.
But searching for suitable elements can be time-consuming. ;)

The treatment of light in this painting demonstrates Gerome's genius.
If he had painted it without those remarkable strips of sunlight, it would all be in shady, ambient lighting - much easier for manipulations! ;)

Many manipulators find it easier to combine figures and backgrounds which do not have directional lighting.
But searching for suitable elements can be time-consuming. ;)
Thanks for advice Sir.

Back
Top Bottom