Hometown.

Go to CruxDreams.com
I remember that one. I was about 12 at the time. But, I always assumed "Arizona" was a girl's name.
I guess every State needs to have it's own pop song. Maybe Arizona should go with The Eagles "Take it Easy":
Well, I'm a standin' on a corner
In Winslow, Arizona
Such a fine sight to see
It's a girl my Lord
in a flat-bed Ford
Slowin' down to take a look at me

Come on, baby, don't say maybe
I gotta know if your sweet love
Is gonna save me
We may lose and we may win
Though we will never be here again
So open up I'm climbin' in
So take it easy

Sure, it only names one town, but at least there's no confusion & it was a much bigger hit.:cool:

I remember that one. I was about 12 at the time. But, I always assumed "Arizona" was a girl's name.
I guess every State needs to have it's own pop song. Maybe Arizona should go with The Eagles "Take it Easy":
Well, I'm a standin' on a corner
In Winslow, Arizona
Such a fine sight to see
It's a girl my Lord
in a flat-bed Ford
Slowin' down to take a look at me

Come on, baby, don't say maybe
I gotta know if your sweet love
Is gonna save me
We may lose and we may win
Though we will never be here again
So open up I'm climbin' in
So take it easy

Sure, it only names one town, but at least there's no confusion & it was a much bigger hit.:cool:

Yes, it was a bigger hit than "Arizona"... and there was another, maybe even bigger than the Eagle's hit... from a little band that called themselves the Beatles... and the hit was called "Get Back".

Jojo left his home
In Tucson, Arizona
For some California Grass

Well, anything that mentions Arizona is a big hit here... and Winslow now has a pair of statues commemorating that line in the Eagles song.

But, I always assumed "Arizona" was a girl's name.

My understanding is that the song was originally about a woman... ;)

I live in southern Arizona, USA. It can be a bit on the hot side at times, but I love it here!

Wow, could there be a better place for real-life crucifixion? I'm thinking about the plaza by that great Moorish courthouse in downtown Tucson. You could keep the condemned in the courthouse until it was time for them to come onstage, then crucify them in the plaza. Facing south, naturally, so they'd get lots of Arizona sunshine. The spectators have trees to stand under, and benches and planters for the people in the back to stand on so they can see over the people in front. Plus, there's at least one fountain, so while the crucified are tormented with thirst, they can hear the fountains gurgling.

Good part of the world for crux play, too. I did some hiking in the desert and the mountains while I was visiting there, and I'll bet it'd be easy to find a good site for a crucifixion scene off a little-used trail.

This aerial shot is the best thing that I could find online. The camera is looking east, so south is right. The courthouse is the domed building in the back. We could bring the condemned out from under the dome and then crucify them facing south near the northern edge of the pavement, about where light gray pavement near the courthouse changes to reddish pavement. Spectators can stand on ground level or on the edge of the fountain or on the raised grassy are right in front of the courthouse (right of the dome).

presidio.jpg

Wow, could there be a better place for real-life crucifixion? I'm thinking about the plaza by that great Moorish courthouse in downtown Tucson. You could keep the condemned in the courthouse until it was time for them to come onstage, then crucify them in the plaza. Facing south, naturally, so they'd get lots of Arizona sunshine. The spectators have trees to stand under, and benches and planters for the people in the back to stand on so they can see over the people in front. Plus, there's at least one fountain, so while the crucified are tormented with thirst, they can hear the fountains gurgling.

Good part of the world for crux play, too. I did some hiking in the desert and the mountains while I was visiting there, and I'll bet it'd be easy to find a good site for a crucifixion scene off a little-used trail.

There are plenty of places that I know in the desert around here that would be great places for crucifixions and other executions as well. If you come back down here, let me know and I could point out some great trails!

I'm going to have to dig around my photos and see if I can find some of these picturesque spots for executions :D

Got a picture of that plaza?

I'll be in the area tomorrow and will try to get a picture or three of that plaza...

This aerial shot is the best thing that I could find online. The camera is looking east, so south is right. The courthouse is the domed building in the back. We could bring the condemned out from under the dome and then crucify them facing south near the northern edge of the pavement, about where light gray pavement near the courthouse changes to reddish pavement. Spectators can stand on ground level or on the edge of the fountain or on the raised grassy are right in front of the courthouse (right of the dome).

View attachment 293156

Your best bet would be to use the grassy area, simply because all of the rest is concrete (if my memory serves, it's been a few years since I've been to downtown Tucson). If I can, I'll get some shots of the area of the plaza...

I've attached a satellite image of the plaza, more properly known as El Presidio Park (thanks to Google, now I know the correct name, as I had thought that another park in downtown Tucson was called that!).

Attachments

• El-Presidio-Park.jpg
    El-Presidio-Park.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
But there is already a stipes in the center of the fountain.

Imagine being crucified (or just tied tightly!) to those center posts, and hearing (and seeing) all that water just... ever so just... out of reach... wetting your toes...

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Imagine being crucified (or just tied tightly!) to those center posts, and hearing (and seeing) all that water just... ever so just... out of reach... wetting your toes...

Of course, a modern-day judicial crucifixion wouldn't be complete without a stand where the spectators can buy cold drinks. Helps cover the costs of crucifixion, and the crucified, while panting with thirst on their crosses, have to watch the onlookers slurping up their Big Gulps.

While people aren't supposed to throw things at the crucified (too much risk that some idjit will knock someone unconscious with a flung stone), the guards turn a blind eye to spectators who throw ice cubes. After you've been on the cross for an hour or so, a dozen ice cubes have been bounced off your chest and are slowly melting away on the ground below your feet.

Of course, a modern-day judicial crucifixion wouldn't be complete without a stand where the spectators can buy cold drinks. Helps cover the costs of crucifixion, and the crucified, while panting with thirst on their crosses, have to watch the onlookers slurping up their Big Gulps.

While people aren't supposed to throw things at the crucified (too much risk that some idjit will knock someone unconscious with a flung stone), the guards turn a blind eye to spectators who throw ice cubes. After you've been on the cross for an hour or so, a dozen ice cubes have been bounced off your chest and are slowly melting away on the ground below your feet.
Giving a welcome refreshment in the Arizonan heat.

In the middle of summer here (with 100 F or 37.8 C ) the ice doesn't last that long... even the water is long evaporated after an hour... but it will still be a torture for the crucified to watch those ice cubes melt and long for their relief... not to mention how our sun likes to burn exposed skin in about the same length of time! Two tortures for the price of one!

In the middle of summer here (with 100 F or 37.8 C ) the ice doesn't last that long... even the water is long evaporated after an hour... but it will still be a torture for the crucified to watch those ice cubes melt and long for their relief... not to mention how our sun likes to burn exposed skin in about the same length of time! Two tortures for the price of one!
Low humidity, too. When I was there, I brought two liters of water on a two- or three-hour hike. By the time we reached the turning-around point, the water was gone, and by the time we got back to the car, my urine was dark brown, and I was blind to the scenic beauty—I just wanted to find some damn water. I'd bet that in a summertime Arizona crucifixion, death would occur by dehydration or sunstroke long before asphyxiation or cardiac arrest would normally occur.

Near the old Idora Park --- Youngstown, OHIO
... moving to Detroit in June, 2010...
... Detroit didn't pan out... Woke up to bulldozers in the yard / 48 hours to move out of the Youngstown home we owned came to rest in Neosho, MO, having lost over a half million in real estate, vehicles, business equip, and misc properties...
Youngstown & Detroit are UN "sister cities" with similar politics & growing muslim influence... Dearborn is a muslim town and jihadist youth gangs raped & beat (leaving for dead) 5 of our Christian girls about 5 years ago... Police chief Ron Hadaad and I had a serious discussion over that... Youngstown got a federal neighborhood redevelopment grant that required the terms that I be run out of town...

... Detroit didn't pan out... Woke up to bulldozers in the yard / 48 hours to move out of the Youngstown home we owned came to rest in Neosho, MO, having lost over a half million in real estate, vehicles, business equip, and misc properties...
Youngstown & Detroit are UN "sister cities" with similar politics & growing muslim influence... Dearborn is a muslim town and jihadist youth gangs raped & beat (leaving for dead) 5 of our Christian girls about 5 years ago... Police chief Ron Hadaad and I had a serious discussion over that... Youngstown got a federal neighborhood redevelopment grant that required the terms that I be run out of town...
I've been there more than once on my way to visit cousins in NW Arkansas!!!

Pretty country around there!!!

don't forget the Member Map - on the top bar -
no need to give your exact location, it's just good to see how widespread we crux-lovers are!

Back
Top Bottom