M*A*S*H DIARY

Go to CruxDreams.com
“We’re doctors,” laughed Captain Goldman. “Our hands and fingers are remarkably skilled and dexterous!”
Finally, I get some respect!
“Doesn’t sound much like gratitude, does it?”
Good luck getting gratitude from Moore...
buried beneath a number of self-help books on how to be funny
He is a noted author:rolleyes:
what the fuck he did to get himself booted off the force.
Ask his partner, your aunt Detective Barbara Moore...
I’ll tell you, dear Diary, how that turned out in my next entry.
yeah, sure you will...

Ask his partner, your aunt Detective Barbara Moore...

Surely his parents would have regarded his graduation from medical college as a step up the social ladder? A bit of Army time added in and maybe we are talking about State Senator Goldman perhaps even one day just Senator Goldman? I am not seeing any boots required...more sound Oxford shoes and a smart suit :D

“Today is laundry day, Lieutenant Moore,” replied Wragg with a grin. “Sammy Kan, the Korean who does our laundry, came around this morning. We did you a favor and sent your clothes off with him.”

“But ... but ... I’m sure I was wearing something when I went to bed!” I stammered.

“We’re very thorough,” chimed in Captain Jolly. “If laundry is to be sent out ... might as well send all of it.”

“How’d you get them off of me while I was in bed?”

“We’re doctors,” laughed Captain Goldman. “Our hands and fingers are remarkably skilled and dexterous!”
Regulations are regulations, and laundry day is laundry day! Army discipline can be that simple!:rolleyes:

Captain Jolly’s possessions were few and could be best described as rather macabre, especially the long-handled scythe wrapped in a tattered black shroud which he kept beneath his bed, along with a full length black velveteen hooded-cape and an edited collection of tombstone epithets.
Just a precaution, I think! The Chinese are after all keen in attacking by surprise for a though hand to hand combat.

So I had one and then another, and ... well ... after that I lost count. And ... throwing caution to the winds ...and confident that the tent was free of Rodent’s hidden cameras ... I experimented with mixing in just a tiny bit of Joan’s potion.
:eek::facepalm:

Great entry, Barb! Good thing you have such an honorable superior in General Praetorius. Otherwise, this could have ended badly for you!

Yes, I’m betting everything on the honorable General. Hope he’s as honorable as Juan tells me he is :rolleyes:

Then I moved on to Captain Wragg, who turned out to be .... just as he claimed ... a scion of one of those old line English landed gentry families. I found some photos of the family’s country house, Cruxton Abbey, including some interior shots of four-poster beds and ... rather weirdly ... a fully-equipped cellar dungeon. There was also the family crest, which appeared to feature a naked woman hanging from a cross behind a distinguished, but rather foppish looking man dressed in blue and projecting the air of a man of letters. The assortment of hand-written poems at the bottom of Wragg’s footlocker read like accomplished works, although the subject matter was ... well ... off color, to say the least.
:duke:

April 6, 1951 MASH 4078th, Wo-on-Krux, Korea

Memo to: Self

From: Brigadier General P. Praetorio, Judge Advocate General's Corps, United States Army

Given some of the Issues raised by this matter, I believe it vital to maintain a confidential written record of the events for later use.

God, what a hell-hole! It doesn’t help that I’ve spent the last 53 hours crammed into cold, hard transport planes or shuffling through ugly air bases! The drive from Korea HQ was the worst. You’d think they could provide better accommodations of a general officer! It was terrible.
Until I arrived here and found it worse.
First Sergeant Helmut Connoisseurs asked permission to find his wartime comrade, Staff Sergeant Adolf Loxuru in the motor pool. I readily agreed since much more can be learned from a friendly non-com, than from up-tight officers.
I went to present myself to the post commander. Hovering at the edges of the tent was a ratty little corporal who introduced himself as “Racing” Rodent. (Very Strange). As he went inside, he said he would inform Colonel Phlebas of my arrival.
Phlebas! I hadn’t even looked at the name of the commander until now. But that name! There couldn’t be too many around with that.
Corporal Rodent ushered me in. There, in the uniform of an Australian Lieutenant Colonel was my old Frat brother, Oliver Phlebas! We both grinned and saluted before grasping each other with the old Φ Θ Β handshake! We soon were sitting on his camp chairs, sipping decent Australian rum, Bundaberg, with a damn polar bear on the label, and reminiscing about the days when he and I were students at XXX University. For the life of us, neither could remember what those damn Greek letters meant in Greek. But we both immediately came up with the translation the Fraternity brothers used: Fuck Those Bitches.

Once I was relaxed and starting on my second glass, I said, “Tell me, Ollie, what the heck is going on with this Second Lieutenant Moore?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Adolf! Donnerwetter! I moved heaven and earth to persuade US immigration to change my name into a genuine American 'Wilbur', and then, some other former NSKK dude catches me up in the very most thinkable remote spot of this planet, to call me 'Adolf' again!:BangHead:
Why is it some Americans cannot follow anything said in a British accent?
Besides O'Reilly is with the 4077th
My apologies gentlemen.

Staff Sergeant Loxuru, from now on First Sergeant Connoisseurs will refer to you as Wilbur (he tries to go under the name of Tom, but it just doesn't seem right, so I call him Helmut).

Colonel Phlebas' rum was very potent by the time I finished the fourth glass and wrote my memo I seem to have confused you with another co0mpany clerk. From now on you will be RR (a name that fits your striking resemblance to members of the order Rodentia)

“But ... but ... I’m sure I was wearing something when I went to bed!” I stammered.

“We’re very thorough,” chimed in Captain Jolly. “If laundry is to be sent out ... might as well send all of it.”
What else did you want us to do? I mean, there you'd be with all clean laundry, except that one pair of kinis and maybe a t-shirt that was all dirty. You'd hate that.

“Doesn’t sound much like gratitude, does it?” sniffed Wragg, feigning a hurt look. “Try to relax and enjoy your day, Moore. Corporal Rodent will be around shortly to bring you some breakfast
And maybe snap a few quick photos for Stars and Stripes or something.

Captain Jolly’s possessions were few and could be best described as rather macabre, especially the long-handled scythe wrapped in a tattered black shroud which he kept beneath his bed, along with a full length black velveteen hooded-cape and an edited collection of tombstone epithets.
Careful with the scythe, it cuts, well, everything really. I also have a rather splendid horse...somewhere...he'll come if I need him, and no, the North Koreans won't bother him. I also have a few nice books of gallows humour jokes, if you'd like to see them sometime.

So I had one and then another, and ... well ... after that I lost count. And ... throwing caution to the winds ...and confident that the tent was free of Rodent’s hidden cameras ... I experimented with mixing in just a tiny bit of Joan’s potion.
Well, that's not going to help you get in the correct frame of mind for the General...or perhaps it will. It won't help you put on a bra straight anyway, but since none of the rest of us care about that (the General included, I expect), we needent worry. Carry on. :D

Careful with the scythe, it cuts, well, everything really. I also have a rather splendid horse...somewhere...he'll come if I need him, and no, the North Koreans won't bother him.
The horse's color? khlōros (χλωρός) - sickly pale! I'm sure you make a great sight riding him!
death_on_a_pale_horse.jpg

LOOK, NOW! I mean, look now! I don't go criticizing the colour of your dog or cat. "Sickly", honestly. It's a lighter shade of pale, is what it is.
I'm just translating the Greek. (Revelations 6:8 καὶ εἶδον, καὶ ἰδοὺ ἵππος χλωρός, καὶ ὁ καθήμενος ἐπάνω αὐτοῦ ὄνομα αὐτῷ [ὁ] Θάνατος, καὶ ὁ ἅ|δης ἠκολούθει μετ' αὐτοῦ: καὶ ἐδόθη αὐτοῖς ἐξουσία ἐπὶ τὸ τέταρτον τῆς γῆς, ἀποκτεῖναι ἐν ῥομφαίᾳ καὶ ἐν λιμῷ καὶ ἐν θανάτῳ καὶ ὑπὸ τῶν θηρίων τῆς γῆς.) Blame John of Patmos, or whoever wrote the words of the scroll with the Seven Seals.

It's a lighter shade of pale, is what it is. Or do you mean Procol Harum, "A Whiter Shade of Pale"?

Back
Top Bottom