Milestones

Go to CruxDreams.com
The real turning point had come on June 22, 1941; when Hitler launched the invasion of Russia with a ridiculously over ambitious plan while still fighting British and Commonwealth on land, sea and air. If Stalin had listened to his intelligence service, Operation Barbarossa might have been a disaster from the beginning. Stalingrad was the beginning of the end, but the whole thing was doomed from the start.

My own state's flag isn't bad. At least it's distinctive:
View attachment 558978
It's not too busy (I'm talking to you Maryland.) and, unlike some other southern states, it's not obviously invoking the Confederate flag (though it really is. Don't tell anyone).
However, my hometown may have the ugliest city flag in all of the USA.
View attachment 558979
You could start with the fact that's it's not a proper flag but more of a mutant pennant and just go from there.
It doesn't look any better flapping in the breeze.
View attachment 558980
First see the Tampa-Flag and absolute with you. Looks like braces on a female underskirt.

Snow in Rome, snow in Nice, snow on Corsica. In the Alps, record breaking temperatures below -30 °C on the highest meteo stations. We had mild winters in Western Europe the last 4 years. Also this one, at least up to half February, but he has a stinging tail!:eeek:

And warm in Iceland, Greenland, even well within the Arctic Circle.
As I understand (and my mind tends to boggle when such things are explained to me)
the warming of the Arctic has caused the cold air that spins around above the Pole in the stratosphere
to sink down lower, and this has reversed the direction of the Jet Stream
that usually brings us westerly weather, so we're now getting weather from Russia. :lupie::loco:

But I like this piece of advice :D:

walk like a penguin.jpg

As I understand (and my mind tends to boggle when such things are explained to me)
the warming of the Arctic has caused the cold air that spins around above the Pole in the stratosphere
that usually brings us westerly weather, so we're now getting weather from Russia. :lupie::loco:

View attachment 564378

That sounds like one of my early lessons at Eul's academy about how to present as a good slave girl.

View attachment 564378
In the eastern half of the United States (even the southern eastern half) it was very cold in Late December through early February. Now, it's in the 60's (F) (that's 45.6 C, I think--starting to lose the ability to do numbers in my head). The west coast is very cold , including the coast of California--relatively, that is, just above freezing. We are paying here with lots of rain and severe flooding. I don't have a good handle on the atmospheric model because it's three-dimensional (shame for a physics guy) but I think that if the jet stream changes, it induces pressure changes in the south toward the low side, and the "coreolis circulation" induced by the earth's rotation can pull in cold northern air from the west. That's inland Canada in these parts. Apparently, that "bend" in the jet stream moves around, and now it's Europe's turn.
The ice thickness in the Arctic is very low compared to historical norms. And when you get water in the atmosphere (which often you don't in the southwest and California), you get a lot of it and the rain just pours down. Hence the California rain-induces mudslides following the fires of the summer. Lake Mead behind Hoover dam on the Colorado River has been low for 10 years--so low that Las Vegas is drilling a new tunnel for a water intake because the one they have now is soon going to be above the water line.
Messing with the earth tends to have consequences.

Back
Top Bottom