Mistique's Collection

Go to CruxDreams.com

MisTique

Spectator

I cover the waterfront (1933)​

Since I am new I am not sure if I am posting in the right forum, and I was not sure if stills from old movies are allowed to share.

There was a photo for the movie I cover the waterfront (1933) with Claudette Colbert and Ben Lyon that made me curious. The photo shows Claudette (as Julie) and Ben (as Joseph) visiting a old torture room in a museum. Ben ties up Claudette and a romantic and somewhat funny kissing scene follows.

waterfront2.jpg waterfront3.png 51040840871_f20fc5d55a_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I am new I am not sure if I am posting in the right forum, and I was not sure if stills from old movies are allowed to share.

There was a photo for the movie I cover the waterfront (1933) with Claudette Colbert and Ben Lyon that made me curious. The photo shows Claudette (as Julie) and Ben (as Joseph) visiting a old torture room in a museum. Ben ties up Claudette and a romantic and somewhat funny kissing scene follows.

View attachment 1134193 View attachment 1134194 View attachment 1134195
About 36:00 minutes in. :D

First of all: :welcome:
This seems the right place for this, it’s a nice find too. Stills from old movies are very welcome, as long as there’s a bit of bondage or something.. after all, too much vanilla is bad for you :p Ok, I made that up but it sounds plausible:rolleyes:

First of all: :welcome:
This seems the right place for this, it’s a nice find too. Stills from old movies are very welcome, as long as there’s a bit of bondage or something.. after all, too much vanilla is bad for you :p Ok, I made that up but it sounds plausible:rolleyes:

Lol don't worry, I am into collecting non vanilla art for almost 20 years, so perhaps I can enlighten this forum with some bondage related art and photos as well.

Rare old Bondage​

These photos were done by Jean Agelou (1878 – 1921) who created glamour and nude photographs mainly. So this particular serie does stand out. It is one of my personal favorites.

Jean’s business was started with selling stereoviews and soon he evolved to selling postcards, which was a great moment for him to step into since postcards were becoming very popular, especially nude photographs. He worked together with his brother Georges Agelou.

The magazine L’Etude Académique was a magazine produced by Jean, these were sold in newsstands in a sealed envelope, and were promoted as being model references. But the main business for Jean became the fully nude, retouched, postcards and deliver those to his clientele at home. He had over 20.000 subsribers.
There is one model who appeared a lot in Agelou’s photos, she was referred to as Miss Fernande. He also made a lot of photos of Maud d’Orby.
It seems Jean participated in a exhibition just once, with a portrait, a landscape and a nude study. He was well known to many artists and other photographers, they purchased his photos and sold them under their own marks. A car accident ended the life of Jean, he and his brother were both killed in this accident.

bondageagelou-1.jpgbondageagelou1-1.jpgbondageagelou2-1.jpgbondageagelou3-1.jpgbondageagelou4-1.jpg

As online curator for various bdsm art projects I have been collecting bdsm art and knowledge about vintage artists for over 20 years. From time to time I will try and share some crux and bondage related artworks from my collection here.

Art by Marcel Vértes for the book Le pays à mon goût published in 1921.jpgcarlo Le Cuir Triomphant (1934).jpgcarlo servitude 1934.jpgherouard Cinglants Châtiments (1932).jpgherouard L'Infernale fouetteuse (1935).jpglushe.jpgsmit Femmes et Corsaires (1931).jpgsmit maison supplices 1921.jpgUnknown artist domaine de l'epouvantable volupte.jpg

• Art by Marcel Vértes, from the book Le pays à mon goût (1921)
  • Art by Carlo, from the book Le Cuir Triomphant (1934)
  • Art by Carlo, from the book Servitude (1934)
  • Art by Cheri Herouard (Herric), from the book Cinglants Châtiments (1932)
  • Art by Cheri Herouard (Herric), from the book L'Infernale fouetteuse (1935)
  • Art by Lushé
  • Art by Gaston Smit, from the book Femmes et Corsaires (1931)
  • Art by Gaston Smit, from the book Maison Supplices (1921)
  • Art by Wighead, from the book Domaine de l'Epouvantable Volupté (1935)

As online curator for various bdsm art projects I have been collecting bdsm art and knowledge about vintage artists for over 20 years. From time to time I will try and share some crux and bondage related artworks from my collection here.

Art by Marcel Vértes for the book Le pays à mon goût published in 1921.jpgcarlo Le Cuir Triomphant (1934).jpgcarlo servitude 1934.jpgherouard Cinglants Châtiments (1932).jpgherouard L'Infernale fouetteuse (1935).jpglushe.jpgsmit Femmes et Corsaires (1931).jpgsmit maison supplices 1921.jpgUnknown artist domaine de l'epouvantable volupte.jpg

• Art by Lushé

Hey there, and welcome to Cruxforums!

I'm fascinated with vintage bdsm art, and love several of those. Looking forward to more.

Can I suggest limiting the number of different threads you open though? Seems like these could have gone into the "Rare Old Bondage" thread you opened earlier.

Lovely! Especially this one
herouard L'Infernale fouetteuse (1935).jpg'Infernale fouetteuse (1935).jpg
Thanks also for giving the names of the artists (where known), and the sources and references. I also agree with @Jackie1111 , maybe don’t open too many new threads. :thumbsup:

Hey there, and welcome to Cruxforums!

I'm fascinated with vintage bdsm art, and love several of those. Looking forward to more.

Can I suggest limiting the number of different threads you open though? Seems like these could have gone into the "Rare Old Bondage" thread you opened earlier.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already decided to upload further art to this thread, and if necessary my other posts can be included here as well.

MisTique's Fetish Art Sites​

My love for bdsm art has lead me towards setting up several bdsm/fetish art sites. The oldest one was started back in 2000.
Those of you curious about my projects, you can view them via these links. I hope it is ok I share them here.

Vintage Fetish Art - vintage bdsm art
Secrets Bdsm Art - modern bdsm art and photos
Spanking Art Blog - vintage and modern spanking art
Bondage Art Blog - vintage and modern bondage art
Biederer Studio - tribute to photographers Jacques and Charles Biederer
Yva Richard Studio - tribute to photographer Yva Richard and his muse Nativa Richard
Vintage Fetish and Fashion - vintage erotic/fetish/bdsm photos

View attachment 1134212View attachment 1134213View attachment 1134214View attachment 1134215View attachment 1134216View attachment 1134217View attachment 1134218View attachment 1134219View attachment 1134220

• Art by Lushé
Welcome to the forum. I too have been a collector nearly four decades, and I think this thread is going to be most enjoyable and fun. Looking forward to learning more about those older works, many of which I never knew the artists or any of their history.

I will try to share more rare old bondage photos in this thread.

Starting with these photos, taken by Yva Richard. The model is often referred to as Nativa Richard (who was his wife and muse) but she could also be La Môme Inette, this nick name was created by playing with the words Mominette, which was a very small bottle containing two or three centilitres alcohol offered to consumers as an advertising sample.

Nativa was married to photographer Yva Richard, it is pretty safe to say she was his muse and most likely the businesswoman behind her husband. She is the most captured model that appears in photos connected to the name Yva Richard. There are very little photos with other models.

04-4.jpg03-5.jpg02-5.jpg01-7.jpg

Some promo photos from old movies

1. Chili Williams and Stuart Randall in "Captive Women", 1952
  2. Dolores del Rio and Joel McCrea in “Bird of Paradise”, 1932
  3. Linda Darnell in "Anna And The King Of Siam", 1946
  4. Sally Rand in "Sign of the Cross", 1932

Attachments

• darnel3.jpg
    darnel3.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 224
  • captive-woman-1952.png
    captive-woman-1952.png
    514.6 KB · Views: 208
  • dolores-del-rio-joel-mccrea-in-bird-of-paradise-1932.jpg
    dolores-del-rio-joel-mccrea-in-bird-of-paradise-1932.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 217
  • ccrs.jpg
    ccrs.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 252
Max Carl Friedrich Beckmann (1884 – 1950) was a German painter, draftsman, printmaker, sculptor, and writer.
Although he is classified as an Expressionist artist, he rejected both the term and the movement.
In the 1920s, he was associated with the New Objectivity, an outgrowth of Expressionism that opposed its introverted emotionalism. Even when dealing with light subject matter like circus performers, Beckmann often had an undercurrent of moodiness or unease in his works.
By the 1930s, his work became more explicit in its horrifying imagery and distorted forms with combination of brutal realism and social criticism, coinciding with the rise of nazism in Germany.
b1.jpgb26.jpgbeckm.jpgb6.jpgb4.jpgb7.jpg8.jpg

Max Carl Friedrich Beckmann (1884 – 1950) was a German painter, draftsman, printmaker, sculptor, and writer.
Although he is classified as an Expressionist artist, he rejected both the term and the movement.
In the 1920s, he was associated with the New Objectivity, an outgrowth of Expressionism that opposed its introverted emotionalism. Even when dealing with light subject matter like circus performers, Beckmann often had an undercurrent of moodiness or unease in his works.
By the 1930s, his work became more explicit in its horrifying imagery and distorted forms with combination of brutal realism and social criticism, coinciding with the rise of nazism in Germany.
View attachment 1140028View attachment 1140029View attachment 1140030View attachment 1140031View attachment 1140032View attachment 1140033View attachment 1140034
Many of his works reflect the trauma of his experiences in the German army's medical corps during WWI, as far as I rercall.

Rudolph Karl Alexander Schneider, commonly known as Sascha Schneider (1870 – 1927), was a German painter and sculptor.

Schneider was born in Saint Petersburg in 1870. During his childhood, his family lived in Zürich, but following the death of his father, Schneider moved to Dresden, where in 1889 he became a student at the Dresden Academy of Fine Arts. In 1903, he met best-selling author Karl May, and subsequently became the cover illustrator of a number of May’s books including Winnetou, Old Surehand, Am Rio de la Plata. A year later in 1904, Schneider was appointed professor at the Großherzoglich-Sächsische Kunstschule Weimar.

During this period, Schneider lived with painter Hellmuth Jahn. Jahn began blackmailing Schneider by threatening to expose his homosexuality, which was punishable under § 175 of the penal code. Schneider fled to Italy, where homosexuality was not criminalized at that time. In Italy, Schneider met painter Robert Spies, with whom he traveled through the Caucasus Mountains. He then traveled back to Germany, where he lived for six months in Leipzig before returning to Italy, where he resided in Florence. When the First World War started, Schneider returned to Germany again, taking up residence in Hellerau (near Dresden). After 1918, he co-founded an institute called Kraft-Kunst for bodybuilding. Some of the models for his art trained here.

Schneider, who suffered from diabetes mellitus, suffered a diabetic seizure during a ship voyage in the vicinity of Swinemünde. As a result, he collapsed and died in 1927 in Swinemünde. He was buried in Loschwitz Cemetery, Germany.

judas2.jpgjudas.jpgemotion.jpgsascha1.jpg

Some fascinating old bookcovers.

• The Roman and the Slave Girl - Art by Gerry Powell Published in 1959
  • Blonde Slaves - Unknown artist Published ca 1946
  • White Slaves in a Piccadilly Flat - Unknown artist Published in 1949
  • White Slave Market -Unknown artist & Published date
  • Western men with Eastern Morals - Unknown artist & Published date
  • White Slaves of New Orleans -Unknown artist Published in 1951
  • White Slave Racket - Published in 1952 Art by Reginald Heade
  • Dancehall to White Slavery - Unknown artist & Published date
  • Slave Ship - Unknown artist & Published date
  • The Auction of Souls - Published late 40's Unknown artist

roman and the slave girl.jpgblonde slaves.jpgwhite slaves in a piccadilly flat.jpgwhite slave market.jpgwestern men with eastern morals.pngwhite slaves of new orleans.pngwhite slave racket.jpgdancehall to white slavery.jpgslave ship.jpgauction of souls.jpg

Back
Top Bottom