Naraku's Non-crux Nonsense

Go to CruxDreams.com

Naraku

Draconarius
Some people seem to like the stuff I posted in "When in Rome", so I thought I'd start a thread here for my non-crux stuff. As I said before, most of this is old stuff. I took about a five year break after I discovered there was much better art available on the Internet & I didn't have to draw my own.

So, lets get thing started with some flogging. Thieves, prostitutes, unwed mothers & other's who ran afoul of the law.

Attachments

• EN772.jpg
    EN772.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 980
  • EN787.jpg
    EN787.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,003
  • ER757.jpg
    ER757.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 945
This one is an historical correction. You may be familiar with "The Scarlet Letter". Well, in the real Plymouth, Mass., Hester would have been whipped & stood in the stocks for adultary. This is my correction of Hawthorne.
Hester is play by Demi Moore...pre-rehab.

Attachments

• MC667.jpg
    MC667.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 559
What would life be like without electricity? Fascist police & military forces around the world have been making use of it since WWII.

Attachments

• NZ942.jpg
    NZ942.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 551
  • AG956.jpg
    AG956.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 549
  • CH973B.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 179
Ever see "The Evil That Men Do"? It's a pretty crappy 1984 Charles Bronson film. In the open sequence, Joseph Maher (who's the best thing in the film) totures a man to death using electirc shock & a wierd trapeze thing. The man is Theresa Saldana's husband, she recruites Bronson to avenge his death & the rest of the movie is the 2 of them chasing Maher & being chased by him & his flunkies.
I thought it would be a much better film if Maher had caught Saldana & treated her like he had her husband.

Anyway, that's enough for tonight. I don't want to over do things.;)

Attachments

• GT984.jpg
    GT984.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 381
Some people seem to like the stuff I posted in "When in Rome", so I thought I'd start a thread here for my non-crux stuff. As I said before, most of this is old stuff. I took about a five year break after I discovered there was much better art available on the Internet & I didn't have to draw my own.

So, lets get thing started with some flogging. Thieves, prostitutes, unwed mothers & other's who ran afoul of the law.

Nice ones!

flower2
This one is an historical correction. You may be familiar with "The Scarlet Letter". Well, in the real Plymouth, Mass., Hester would have been whipped & stood in the stocks for adultary. This is my correction of Hawthorne.
Hester is play by Demi Moore...pre-rehab.

Superb drawings!!! For me I like the historical background justifiyng the sketches too!!! Congratulations and when you feel the moment to sketch just do it!!
Do you use pencils?

The backgrounds are very good. With the prog I sent you it is possible to colour your drawings or do whatever you wish! We have restored tons of really old photos to better than new. There is no limit.

The backgrounds are very good. With the prog I sent you it is possible to colour your drawings or do whatever you wish! We have restored tons of really old photos to better than new. There is no limit.
Yes, I neglected to thank you for that link. When I get sometime, I intend to check it out & play with it for a while & see what I can do with it.
Thanks.

Superb drawings!!! For me I like the historical background justifiyng the sketches too!!! Congratulations and when you feel the moment to sketch just do it!!
Do you use pencils?
Thank you very nuch. Coming from such a talented fellow artist, that means a lot.
All of the above were first sketched in pencil, then gone over in pen with the pencil lines erased. Although, if you look closely, I didn't always get all the pencil lines.:(
Recently, I've begun experimenting with combining pencil & pen & scanning in grayscale. I think the results have been pretty good.
The Nazi one is a quicky I did as an experiment & homage to the Mens Adventure magazines that warped my young mind. It's done in pencil alone. The Western hanging is my most recent effort that combines pencil & ink.

Attachments

• steamheat.jpg
    steamheat.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 522
  • west1.jpg
    west1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 536
This is something a little different for me, because it's usually the women that wind up on the losing end in my works.
The Book of Judith is included in the Catholic & Orthodox Bibles. It's clearly not historical, so my pictures not that historically accurate either. The sword, for instance, is more Arabian Nights than Assyrian Bronze Age.
According to the book, Judith only got Holofernes drunk, but, she was alone in his tent at night and, as many women might know, the best way to get a man to roll over & fall asleep is to have sex with him.;)

Attachments

• judith.jpg
    judith.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 396
This is something a little different for me, because it's usually the women that wind up on the losing end in my works.
The Book of Judith is included in the Catholic & Orthodox Bibles. It's clearly not historical, so my pictures not that historically accurate either. The sword, for instance, is more Arabian Nights than Assyrian Bronze Age.
According to the book, Judith only got Holofernes drunk, but, she was alone in his tent at night and, as many women might know, the best way to get a man to roll over & fall asleep is to have sex with him.;)
I like especially your own drawing style! Please take your time but go on!:)

Well, the last post did nothing for me but I ame still amazed at the completeness (is that a word?) of your pictures. By that I mean the background detail. Most don't put the time into it...

T

This is just some silly thing I did. I don't really know why. I don't do cartoon character very well & the idea's not really that original.
Anyway, it's called "Les souris de Thermidor".:p
it's ingenious, a nice bit of "gallows humour"​
is it coincidence that the little son of Louis XVI,​
Louis-Charles, whose death/ disappearance was the subject of all kinds of rumours and theories​
was known to the crowd as La Souris du Temple?​
(the mouse of the Temple prison)​

One of my "hobbies" is "having boxes full of special greeting cards", so I have one at hand for about every occasion, if I want ;)
That sketch reminded me of one, here is a scan:

Attachments

• MouseSM.jpg
    MouseSM.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 305
it's ingenious, a nice bit of "gallows humour"​
is it coincidence that the little son of Louis XVI,​
Louis-Charles, whose death/ disappearance was the subject of all kinds of rumours and theories​
was known to the crowd as La Souris du Temple?​
(the mouse of the Temple prison)​
I swear I did not know that when I came up with the title.
But, I am glad so many people liked my little bit of fluff.

Back
Top Bottom