Naraku's Non-crux Nonsense

Go to CruxDreams.com
So, lets get thing started with some flogging. Thieves, prostitutes, unwed mothers & other's who ran afoul of the law.
I looked on the "Newgate Calender" (I think it was called) for anyone having my surname, which is not that common. I found only one, a woman who was flogged in the 18th C for stealing a pewter mug. Must have been like these.:) My girlfriend's and cousins name (coincidently the same, no relation, I think) came up time and time again. Right load of villans they were.

Real Life has kept me pretty busy this year & I've been too physically & psychologically drained to complete much of anything. I promise to get more done in 2014.
In the mean time, I did come up with an Xmas card to share (and I just barely got that done in time).
I'm sorry, it's not crux, but, I'm going to share the same card on The Dark Spot & they're more into hanging.

Happy Xmas to all & a joyous New Year.
Xmas2013.jpg

and a very enjoyable Cruxmas to you Naraku,
thanks for all you've done on the Forums in spite of Real Life :clapping:

Real Life has kept me pretty busy this year & I've been too physically & psychologically drained to complete much of anything. I promise to get more done in 2014.
In the mean time, I did come up with an Xmas card to share (and I just barely got that done in time).
I'm sorry, it's not crux, but, I'm going to share the same card on The Dark Spot & they're more into hanging.

Happy Xmas to all & a joyous New Year.
View attachment 95431
have some nice day's naraku:bdsm-wink:

OK, so, I haven't quite kept the promise I made in December. At least I managed to produce something new in less than a year.:D

This coming Friday, 30 May, will markthe 583rd anniversary of the greatest event in BATS history: the burning of Jeanne d'Arc, patron saint of France & BATS lovers everywhere. I created this to salute her.

Many sources say that, after the fire had burned away her shift, the executioners pulled back the faggots to expose her. There are different version of when & why this was done. Some claim this was done to prove she was dead, others, that it was to prove she was really a woman - apparently there were rumors that she was a man in drag - and some say it was simply to humiliate her. There are some sources that claim she was already dead when this was done & others that she was still alive.

I believe she was still alive. There would have been no reason to prove she was dead, there was not much chance of her escaping the flames. If the purpose was to prove she was a woman & they waited until she was dead, it would be likely that the body was so badly charred that it would be impossible to tell her gender. And, if humiliation was the goal, well, you can't humiliate a corpse.

So, anyway, here's my tribute to Joan (Jeanne). Hope you like.
JdA2014.jpg

here one made by Julie and Melissa
Joanne.jpg

one from a Japanese site

JAPJOAN2.jpg
and one with Ingrid Bergmann as Joanne

IngridJOAN_DVD18.jpg

Last edited:
there was one film of J of Arc, probably from the 1950s or so,
where the wooden scaffold actually did catch fire -
the actress was rescued, but they used some of the footage shot
before they realised things were going wrong,
and Joan's screams were no longer just good acting!
Do you Admi or other elders of the Forums know of this?​

and her Joan by Quoom

Attachments

• Joan 1.jpg
    Joan 1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 385
  • Joan 3.jpg
    Joan 3.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 364
  • Joan 2.jpg
    Joan 2.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 361
  • Joan 4.jpg
    Joan 4.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 348
  • Joan 5.jpg
    Joan 5.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 365
  • Joan 6.jpg
    Joan 6.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 362
  • Joan 8.jpg
    Joan 8.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 360
  • Joan 7.jpg
    Joan 7.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 352
  • Joan 9.jpg
    Joan 9.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Joan 10.jpg
    Joan 10.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 341
  • Joan 11.jpg
    Joan 11.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 354
  • Joan 12.jpg
    Joan 12.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 352
  • Joan 13.jpg
    Joan 13.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 358
  • Joan 15.jpg
    Joan 15.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 361
  • Joan 14.jpg
    Joan 14.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 358
Quoom's meticulous attention to the details as ever - the burns and weals and tearings of torture, the peeling burnt skin,
so realistic I can feel them, and they're agonising! One point though, that gets overlooked in most bats images,
is that hair is highly inflammable. With flames like those flaring up around her, I think her long hair would be starting to sizzle by #9,
and by #15 her head would be bald and scorched black.

With flames like those flaring up around her, I think her long hair would be starting to sizzle by #9,

I have seen a couple images here or there where they do scorch the hair, but many do not (I imagine since its easier to deal with the hair that way when making these images). Though I agree that the images are great and are very detailed.

Quoom's meticulous attention to the details as ever - the burns and weals and tearings of torture, the peeling burnt skin,
so realistic I can feel them, and they're agonising! One point though, that gets overlooked in most bats images,
is that hair is highly inflammable. With flames like those flaring up around her, I think her long hair would be starting to sizzle by #9,
I agree except for one detail... Remove the flame and the hair doesn't burn
I doubt programmers spend a lot of time on this detail but Tree has...

book21s5- spit.jpg book21w- spit baste 2.jpg
...just saying...

T

Don't know if anyone is interested in consensual sacrifice, but....
The story of Jephthah and his daughter (Judges 11:31 - 40) is one of those like things found in the Old Testament that make you go "What the fuck?".

Before leading his army into battle with the Ammonites, Jephthah swore an oath: “If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, 31 then whatever comes out from the doors of my house to meet me when I return in peace from the Ammonites shall be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.”. The results should be pretty obvious; the first thing to come a greet him after his victory was his daughter.

34 Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah. And behold, his daughter came out to meet him with tambourines and with dances. She was his only child; besides her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 And as soon as he saw her, he tore his clothes and said, “Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low, and you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the LORD, and I cannot take back my vow.” 36 And she said to him, “My father, you have opened your mouth to the LORD; do to me according to what has gone out of your mouth, now that the LORD has avenged you on your enemies, on the Ammonites.” 37 So she said to her father, “Let this thing be done for me: leave me alone two months, that I may go up and down on the mountains and weep for my virginity, I and my companions.” 38 So he said, “Go.” Then he sent her away for two months, and she departed, she and her companions, and wept for her virginity on the mountains. 39 And at the end of two months, she returned to her father, who did with her according to his vow that he had made. She had never known a man, and it became a custom in Israel 40 that the daughters of Israel went year by year to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in the year.

The existing text does not clearly state if the sacrifice was carried out (personally, I think the story was edited by a well intentioned scribe). If it wasn't, then Jephthah broke his vow to Yahweh which would be a major sin. On the other hand, human sacrifice is supposed to be abhorrent to Yahweh and forbidden to the Israelites (this may not have always been the case, but that's another story). He's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. But, whatever he did, he wasn't punished, Jephthah continued to enjoy military success. Jewish and Christian theologians have been trying to explain away the disturbing implications of the story. They've read between the lines to claim that the daughter (whose name is never given) "sacrificed" herself by remaining a virgin for life. Frankly, I think this is bunk. I believe Jephthah did keep his vow & sacrificed his daughter. I'm not alone in this opinion either:
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/638426/jewish/What-happened-to-Jephthahs-daughter.htm
https://answersingenesis.org/bible-characters/jephthahs-vow/
https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/all-women-bible/Jephthah-8217-s-Daughter
http://www.tektonics.org/gk/jepthah.php

A note about Ancient Israelite animal sacrifices: The proscribed method seems to be that the priest slits the throat of the sacrifice, with the blood being collect in a vessel to be poured over the alter. In the case of a "burnt offering", as Jephthah promised in his vow, the entire animal (or, girl, in this case) is then burned to ashes.

OK. Enough scholarly bullshit. This is my interpretation of Jepthah's Daughter.
jepth.jpg

Don't know if anyone is interested in consensual sacrifice, but....
The story of Jephthah and his daughter (Judges 11:31 - 40) is one of those like things found in the Old Testament that make you go "What the fuck?".

Before leading his army into battle with the Ammonites, Jephthah swore an oath: “If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, 31 then whatever comes out from the doors of my house to meet me when I return in peace from the Ammonites shall be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.”. The results should be pretty obvious; the first thing to come a greet him after his victory was his daughter.

34 Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah. And behold, his daughter came out to meet him with tambourines and with dances. She was his only child; besides her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 And as soon as he saw her, he tore his clothes and said, “Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low, and you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the LORD, and I cannot take back my vow.” 36 And she said to him, “My father, you have opened your mouth to the LORD; do to me according to what has gone out of your mouth, now that the LORD has avenged you on your enemies, on the Ammonites.” 37 So she said to her father, “Let this thing be done for me: leave me alone two months, that I may go up and down on the mountains and weep for my virginity, I and my companions.” 38 So he said, “Go.” Then he sent her away for two months, and she departed, she and her companions, and wept for her virginity on the mountains. 39 And at the end of two months, she returned to her father, who did with her according to his vow that he had made. She had never known a man, and it became a custom in Israel 40 that the daughters of Israel went year by year to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in the year.

The existing text does not clearly state if the sacrifice was carried out (personally, I think the story was edited by a well intentioned scribe). If it wasn't, then Jephthah broke his vow to Yahweh which would be a major sin. On the other hand, human sacrifice is supposed to be abhorrent to Yahweh and forbidden to the Israelites (this may not have always been the case, but that's another story). He's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. But, whatever he did, he wasn't punished, Jephthah continued to enjoy military success. Jewish and Christian theologians have been trying to explain away the disturbing implications of the story. They've read between the lines to claim that the daughter (whose name is never given) "sacrificed" herself by remaining a virgin for life. Frankly, I think this is bunk. I believe Jephthah did keep his vow & sacrificed his daughter. I'm not alone in this opinion either:
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/638426/jewish/What-happened-to-Jephthahs-daughter.htm
https://answersingenesis.org/bible-characters/jephthahs-vow/
https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/all-women-bible/Jephthah-8217-s-Daughter
http://www.tektonics.org/gk/jepthah.php

A note about Ancient Israelite animal sacrifices: The proscribed method seems to be that the priest slits the throat of the sacrifice, with the blood being collect in a vessel to be poured over the alter. In the case of a "burnt offering", as Jephthah promised in his vow, the entire animal (or, girl, in this case) is then burned to ashes.

OK. Enough scholarly bullshit. This is my interpretation of Jepthah's Daughter.
View attachment 150179

Naraku addition to being a walking encyclopedia, is also a good designer.

Congratulations.

Top-Cat

The story of Jephtha inspired a very fine oratorio by Georg Friedrich Handel -
here's the best-known aria (with lots of wafty angels)

(but I like Naraku's unsentimental version)​

Last edited:
The story of Jephtha inspired a very fine oratorio by Georg Friedrich Handel -
here's the best-known aria (with lots of wafty angels)

(but I like Naraku's unsentimental version)​
(but I like Naraku's unsentimental version)
we too............................

Back
Top Bottom