New Project (working Title)

Go to CruxDreams.com

Fantasmo

Senator
Background:
While attending academic high school I did make fun of school life by drawing some episodes as “Asterix Comics” (I guess / hope everybody knows who Asterix is!)
Privately I also did one or the other erotic Asterix ;)
All of this was a lot of fun.
And as occasionally CruxForums and what is going on here reminds me of those days, the idea came up to do something “different”.

I don’t have a title page yet, nor do I have a title.
I’ll ask moderators to fill that in later (see below).

What initially was thought to be a 20-30 images story probably rather will turn out as something like 100+ individual images, at an average of 8 images per comic page.

I’ll post the individual images as they get finished and will also post the complete pages (what will be the collectables).
It takes me about 2 evenings to finish one drawing, so this will go on for some time

Disclaimer

Nothing is sacred in this story. I’ll make (more or less) fun of everything and everyone, as I see fit. No offences meant.
On the other hand I cannot have a main role for everybody as well. Again: No offences meant.
People who have a hard time to laugh about themselves should consider reading another thread.
Have fun!

>Title goes here

>Title page goes here
(Sorry, I have to wait 10 mins before I can post the first image in its own message)

What initially was thought to be a 20-30 images story probably rather will turn out as something like 100+ individual images, at an average of 8 images per comic page. fantasmo

been there, done that!!!

Tree

Looking forward to it!!!

Ok, those who don't know Asterix can read here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix
I noticed also that the main characters have different names in different regions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Asterix_characters
For convenience I'll use the names used in my country (shouldn't matter much).
And for those who are wondering how I do it:
- Obviously I have many Asterix booklets that I use for inspiration, to see how Uderzo (the drawer of Asterix) does houses, horsed, trees, etc...
- I have a collection of scans of the "main characters" that I am using as references when drawing one (here precision is needed)
- I sketch it in pencil, what ends up in a concept drawing
- I transfer that sketch to a new clean paper using "light through"
- I colour the paper using watercolours (here some stages)
Img001a1.jpg
Img001b1.jpg
- I flatten the paper (wrapped from the humidity of water colours) using the flat iron
- I draw the outlines using a 0.1mm felt tip pen
- I repeat the last step half a dozen times ... Grrrr... on Messa's face until I get the 2*3mm mouth right ;)
- I scan the image
- I create the text in Corel
- I merge painting and text electronically
:D :D :D
And I forgot that step:
- The first time I sit back and look at the picture I notice that I forgot some detail... that I wanted to do, but never mind ;)

Ok, those who don't know Asterix can read here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix
I noticed also that the main characters have different names in different regions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Asterix_characters
For convenience I'll use the names used in my country (shouldn't matter much).
And for those who are wondering how I do it:
- Obviously I have many Asterix booklets that I use for inspiration, to see how Uderzo (the drawer of Asterix) does houses, horsed, trees, etc...
- I have a collection of scans of the "main characters" that I am using as references when drawing one (here precision is needed)
- I sketch it in pencil, what ends up in a concept drawing
- I transfer that sketch to a new clean paper using "light through"
- I colour the paper using watercolours (here some stages)
View attachment 56987
View attachment 56986
- I flatten the paper (wrapped from the humidity of water colours) using the flat iron
- I draw the outlines using a 0.1mm felt tip pen
- I repeat the last step half a dozen times ... Grrrr... on Messa's face until I get the 2*3mm mouth right ;)
- I scan the image
- I create the text in Corel
- I merge painting and text electronically
:D :D :D
And I forgot that step:
- The first time I sit back and look at the picture I notice that I forgot some detail... that I wanted to do, but never mind ;)
Ok, where's Waldo?

Ok, where's Waldo?
You probably mean the dog (Idefix)? Will show up later, but for the limited size of the drawings the dog is tiny and very hard to draw... one or two panels away anyway...

Messalina, on her way into the forest, encounters Asterix and Obelix, who are on their way back fto the village.
Those who know the Asterix comics (what are not comics that had been drawn with children in mind, like Mikey Mouse etc.), will also know that Obelix secretly is in love with Falbala errr... Messalina...

Attachments

• IMG002.jpg
    IMG002.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 184
One more...
Obviously Obelix is very attracted by her beauty ;)

Attachments

• IMG003.jpg
    IMG003.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 151

Attachments

• IMG003_a.jpg
    IMG003_a.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 140
Back
Top Bottom