Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
Mhm, OK, such a martial childhood with so many cruelties might explain some of your obsessions and why you are here,
:eek:
whereas my experiences with Indian girls might explain why I became such a "softie".
;)

Oh! That could be a wrong assumption, since we had no TV at home, so I was exposed to much less visual cruelty, than other children of my age!:)

Well, let's blame it why I am here to the comic strips then!;)

Wait a minute! I had these fantasies already before I could even read!:eek:

Oh! That could be a wrong assumption, since we had no TV at home, so I was exposed to much less visual cruelty, than other children of my age!:)

Well, let's blame it why I am here to the comic strips then!;)

Wait a minute! I had these fantasies already before I could even read!:eek:

Hm, every psychologist and every psychiatrist will confirm that you cannot trust your own memory, when it is about psychological and sexual "Prägung" (it is a term of science in German, you can use it as "prägen" of money coins but also of human minds, perhaps "embossing"?).
Very different origins can "prägen" a human mind. In my case, I am almost sure, that the looking at - not reading, looking (!) at - the German versions of "Prince Valiant" (in German: "Prinz Eisenherz") and the beautiful drawn pictures of the later "Queen of the Misty Islands" and wife of Prince Valiant, ALETA, ...

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.07.01_13h52m36s_003_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2020.07.01_13h49m39s_002_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2020.07.01_13h53m41s_004_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2020.07.01_13h48m16s_001_.jpg

... caused a "sexuelle Prägung" in my mind of blonde girls in wet clothes, of which I was really obsessed for some times although all my girlfriends in reality were never really blondes, but I saw one in wet clothes - aah, these uncontrollable memories ...

Last edited:
"Mummy, I'm bored!"
"Have you finished glueing in your scrapbook?"
"Yes"
"Then pick all the dried-on glue from the rubber spreader so it flows next time!"

I recall that. We had these in classroom, and after use, no one did remove the glue there, so, next time the split in the rubber got clogged.

And it made terrible stains at the backside of the paper on which it was applied. Do not apply in a writing book!

This is the first time here that I do not know one of the old tools - or am I now suddenly too young for knowing this? Was this "rubber spreader" something similar to the later "Klebestifte" = glue sticks?
View attachment 873630
No, it was a brownish, transparant liquid glue, based on gum arabic. It was contained in a small glass bottle, capped by a rubber lid which had a slant flexible top. In the slanting surface was a slit. The glue was released by holding the bottle upside down and pressing on the flexipble part, so that the slit opened.

This is the first time here that I do not know one of the old tools - or am I now suddenly too young for knowing this? Was this "rubber spreader" something similar to the later "Klebestifte" = glue sticks?
No, it was a brownish, transparant liquid glue, based on gum arabic. It was contained in a small glass bottle, capped by a rubber lid which had a slant flexible top. In the slanting surface was a slit. The glue was released by holding the bottle upside down and pressing on the flexipble part, so that the slit opened.
As a child of the '60s/'70s, I remember them well

bbdb7b56e5fa6fa1af661d142adf06f9.jpg

psychological and sexual "Prägung" (it is a term of science in German,
I think the English term would be 'imprinting'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imprinting_(psychology)
View attachment 873588
blonde girls in wet clothes
worse things have happened than that ;)

No. I don't know them from Germany. They possibly were not sold here
Ive never seen them before either.
But Fixogum is still around -- long before graphics software, 'cut and paste' was already an established term in graphic design, you would actually cut something/someone out of a photograph and glue it elsewhere with a rubber cement, that allowed a period of adjustment after placing it, and any excess glue could be removed without residue or damage to the paper.
Today I guess it's for kids and hobbyists but you can still get it.

On toys like Lego -- it used to be that they were just colorful blocks that you could build anything with. Today they are marketed as special kits, with lots of custom made parts, intended to represent some specific object or figure that's usually tied in with a brand, a film, a computer game etc., and massively overpriced. Also, there was originally no such thing as 'boy lego' or 'girl lego' but today it's totally gendered, with models aimed directly at stereotypes. In fact most of what's offered as girls toys in an average department store is pink princess hell, there is a bit more variety for boys but not much. Quite against the self-understanding of our time, that is a massive stereotype enforcement that's gotten very strong over the last decades, as illustrated here - on the left are the 1970s versions of common 'household themed' toys and on the right the 2016ish versions

7c9c4f7b63eafe490dd7f54136e9dedd.jpg
(I'm familiar with this as I have an elementary-school age child. And one who's already all grown up, so I can compare what has changed in toy marketing, education etc. inbetween those years...)

Last edited:
That reminds me of my problems at a young age with colors of toys and animals in reality, probably because I had these two older sisters and their toys around me. I remember how I once made my parents laugh, when I was probably 5 or 6 years old, because they could buy a cat for us and asked me, too, how I would like the cat's look to be. I spontaneously wanted a cat with a pink fur and deep-blue eyes!
:eek::confused:

Hm, every psychologist and every psychiatrist will confirm that you cannot trust your own memory, when it is about psychological and sexual "Prägung" (it is a term of science in German, you can use it as "prägen" of money coins but also of human minds, perhaps "embossing"?).
Very different origins can "prägen" a human mind. In my case, I am almost sure, that the looking at - not reading, looking (!) at - the German versions of "Prince Valiant" (in German: "Prinz Eisenherz") and the beautiful drawn pictures of the later "Queen of the Misty Islands" and wife of Prince Valiant, ALETA, ...

View attachment 873588 View attachment 873590 View attachment 873591 View attachment 873593

... caused a "sexuelle Prägung" in my mind of blonde girls in wet clothes, of which I was really obsessed for some times although all my girlfriends in reality were never really blondes, but I saw one in wet clothes - aah, these uncontrollable memories ...

It will need a crack of a psychotherapist who can defeat my memory! ;)

Here is one I remember to stir my very young fantasy : a black and white comic appearing in a newspaper during the mid- and late sixties. Docteur Claudette, by Robert Bressy. She is a young, attractive (judge yourself) French Medical Doctor. Besides her medical work, the series focused on her private life, and particularly, the non-medical investigations she undertook about patients with a strange background. She was playing a little bit a private detective, and that made the storylines. It happened then, that people were not pleased with her investigations, so she sometimes found herself restrained in ropes. :very_hot:

dc.jpg

long before graphics software, 'cut and paste' was already an established term in graphic design, you would actually cut something/someone out of a photograph and glue it elsewhere with a rubber cement
Also, rewriting chapters in books. My father - who knew whereof he spoke - used to say that word-processing had killed the art of good writing because it was just too easy to edit. He preferred to have it straight in his head before he banged it out on the typewriter. And use scissors and glue if he had to.

Also, rewriting chapters in books. My father - who knew whereof he spoke - used to say that word-processing had killed the art of good writing because it was just too easy to edit. He preferred to have it straight in his head before he banged it out on the typewriter. And use scissors and glue if he had to.
There is probably some aspect of truth to that ...

... similar to the change in photography, if you only had a very limited number of shots and have to wait to see them you will be much more deliberate about composition, placing yourself etc.

However the new techniques also do open up new creative possibilites also.

I'm sure that when writing was introduced, one could lament the loss of the skill and tradition to memorize and orally pass on great epic tales...

Back
Top Bottom