On The Recurrence Of Forced Sex Thematics In Roman Crucifixion Art And Literature

Go to CruxDreams.com
While we're waiting for Mr, Tree's reply, here's four tremendously on topic renders which I think are by Hasturan.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    898.4 KB · Views: 1,437
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    960.3 KB · Views: 1,397
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    879.7 KB · Views: 1,295
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    864.9 KB · Views: 1,312
While we're waiting for Mr, Tree's reply, here's four tremendously on topic renders which I think are by Hasturan.

That last one really captures it for me. I like btw, the way in which the combination of rope and nail binding the hands and wrists to the patibulum is done. Very detailed and realistic. The same could be said of how the wounds and blood are rendered.

Tree, from Wikipedia:

Pollard and I would sit around writing lyrics all day, talking about Bob Dylan and the Band, thinking up ridiculous plots for the movie. Before I left Morocco, Pollard wrote in my book 'The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys.' For me, it summed him up. He had this tremendous rebel attitude. He walked around in his cowboy boots, his leather jacket. At the time he was a heavy little dude. It seemed to sum up all the people of that generation who were just rebels. The 'Low Spark,' for me, was the spirit, high-spirited. You know, standing on a street corner. The low rider. The 'Low Spark' meaning that strong undercurrent at the street level.[1]

Having studied your post and this commentary, I can confidently say "Wait, what?"
What?

Tree, the "what" is this:

Why does 'Low Spark of the High-Heeled Boys' come to mind???

Should have written "Beats the heck out of me." Would have saved everybody the trouble of reading my long winded post.

Tree, the "what" is this:

Why does 'Low Spark of the High-Heeled Boys' come to mind???

Should have written "Beats the heck out of me." Would have saved everybody the trouble of reading my long winded post.
Your 'long-winded post' was fun... What song can I think of to get another such insight???

That last one really captures it for me. I like btw, the way in which the combination of rope and nail binding the hands and wrists to the patibulum is done. Very detailed and realistic. The same could be said of how the wounds and blood are rendered.

Barb, when it comes to attaching wrists to wood, historical research and our own unclean imaginations have arrived at four main methods.

Rope, the only safe and sane way to do a contemporary Roman crux reenactment. As Makar and his models pioneered for this kink.

Nails alone, as in this cropped Damian Crucifictions manip.

Nails and rope, like the Hasturan renders you posted above.

And my personal preference, the nails and wood washers Cordero used to nail Helena to her cross.

Over the years our resident engineer Jedakk has argued convincingly that Roman nails alone were needed. No hysteria strengthened limb was going to pull free of those broad nail heads. Washers were not so much unlikely as unnecessary.

He's probably correct. But even as many of us pervs try to stick to historical realism, the keyword for all of this is fantasy. And in my fantasies, washers are a visual signal that when you're crucified by the Romans you stayed crucified, by Jove, teaching you a lesson you'll not soon forget!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,126
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 1,100
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 1,072
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,003
Your 'long-winded post' was fun... What song can I think of to get another such insight???

Re fun, glad you thought so.

As for another insight song recommendation, once more, beats the heck out of me.

I think are by Hasturan.
Yes, Alex of AlexArts is our Hasturan.

Over the years our resident engineer Jedakk has argued convincingly that Roman nails alone were needed.
I've handled Roman builders' nails from an archaeological site and they were seriously impressive,
being iron much heavier, of course, than modern alloys -
and, while I appreciate their weight wouldn't necessarily make a difference to how firmly they held,
I just sensed, if I were nailed to a cross with these, I'd be there till I rotted!

Barb, when it comes to attaching wrists to wood, historical research and our own unclean imaginations have arrived at four main methods.

Rope, the only safe and sane way to do a contemporary Roman crux reenactment. As Makar and his models pioneered for this kink.

Nails alone, as in this cropped Damian Crucifictions manip.

Nails and rope, like the Hasturan renders you posted above.

And my personal preference, the nails and wood washers Cordero used to nail Helena to her cross.

Over the years our resident engineer Jedakk has argued convincingly that Roman nails alone were needed. No hysteria strengthened limb was going to pull free of those broad nail heads. Washers were not so much unlikely as unnecessary.

He's probably correct. But even as many of us pervs try to stick to historical realism, the keyword for all of this is fantasy. And in my fantasies, washers are a visual signal that when you're crucified by the Romans you stay crucified, by Jove, teaching you a lesson you'll not soon forget!
My problem with wood 'washers' is they are presented as too small (front area) and thin to not split when a spike of sufficient size to hold the weight of the condemned is driven through them. It is far easier to cast a larger spike head....

First you have to cut the wood, the shape it to size and even with that size washer predrill it to keep it from splitting. It is easier to cast a larger head and keeps the slaves in the mine busy bringing up the ore...

That's a goodly summary of Jedakk's arguments. Basically washers call for a lot of finicky extra effort. Broad headed nails were a carnifex's choice, but he'd probably improvise in case he's stuck using smaller headed nails.

I always imagined the rope was used to secure wrists and feet in place before the nail was driven. That seemed logical to me. Less of a struggle that way. :rolleyes:

And if the local rope was cheap enough, just leave it in place. An added emotional reminder to the crucified that they were up on that thing until they died.

HEY, Tree is well-endowed!!! Do NOT make me post that picture...

Tree, although you've piqued my curiosity, I've decided not to ask.

Back
Top Bottom