Posting a Continuous Story of More Than 20,000 Bits : How To ???

Go to CruxDreams.com
I don't know what format you are using, but when I post from a word document, I copy and paste a section - usually two or three pages, single spaced - into one post. I then post the next section in the reply box, like I'm replying to my own post.

Naraku,
Thank you. I used the same protocol, but still got the denial. I'm using more spacing than you, so maybe that's my problem.
If you press Control Shift V, you paste without any special formatting, which might be useful if the format is the issue.

Naraku and Em have said it, really. It's well worth breaking your story down into shorter segments - especially the first installment - otherwise people may not invest the time to sit down and read a very long post. If you can get them hooked it's half your battle, and the 20000 limit helps to achieve that by keeping us away from pages full of text.

If it's already written, you could also attach your story as a pdf or read-only doc, then those who want to read the whole straightaway can do so, while others will be happy to wait for fairly short chapters in instalments.

Here’s another tip: dialogue is often a good and economical way to carry the action and paint the scene while diminishing the need for large blocks of descriptive text. This is a story-writing lesson I learned from @windar .
And windar learned it from some drunk at the end of the bar!!!

That's very sweet of you @Barbaria1. I, of course, learned a whole lot from you, too!

Many thanks for all of helpful suggestions.
Look for "He Had It Taken Off" : A 'modernish' tale of crucifixion and penectomy at a weekend BDSM gathering.

Back
Top Bottom