Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com
Man's Epic December 1964 artist Bruce Minney small format
MANS-EPIC-Dec.-1964.-Cover-by-Bruce-.jpg
"The Gals Have their own game and it's rough: Sin - Suburbia's Favorite Sport" It's not T-ball anymore!
"Love in a Suitcase - Lowdown on Convention Queens" A lot of good learning takes place at a convention.
"Chained nudes for the Devil's Dungeon." We got those great chained nudes again! The artwork is a lot of fun. The Nazi looks so proud guarding his own personal 6-girl harem. All bound and moderately undressed. While we do include a brunette and a blond, there are 4 redheads!!!! Sorta wish the guy with the knife would go away and come back after they have the good torture scene set up!

Man's Epic May 1966 artist Mel Crair small format
5647636872_2b8b2a6fa9_o.jpg
"Teach Me About Sex" -cry of a Frigid Woman. I'd be glad to help, but it might take many lessons, some rather painful - I'm a strict teacher!
"Fantastic Escape of Mme. Torture's Lust Slaves" Dang, they got away gain before I could get there! Anyone know when Mme. is planning to re-open?
"Juke Joint Passion - First Step to Violence" Those oversexed teens again!
"Shackled nudes of the Monster General" Here is the naked art:
25176272-MANS_EPIC_May_1966_-_original_painting_by_Mel_Crair-8x6.jpgLovely detail even to the hairs on his hand. Blond has been given an initial "softening up" and now is down to serious interrogation. Note how officer has an Iron Cross. Every interrogator (officer) in every Pulp has an IC! Was it required to become an interrogator, or did you get one for being an interrogator? Barb, you've researched the SS. Which is it?
Girl is suitably terrified, watching his hand. He's twisted it enough now so it's tight. Further twists slowly increase unbearable pressure on the skull. It can be agonizingly slow, backed off and then re-tightened. The Spanish iron version had little cup in front to catch the eyeballs as they fell out. Cute!

OK, a very special treat for all the wonderful manipulators on CF. I guess many of you know her, but here is a tribute to a manipulator of
pulps, Mala Mastroberte.
And a tribute to all the gals here who imagine themselves in Pulp Peril!

Malaland-Magazines-book-front--back-.jpgThe front and back cover of her 2012 book, Malaland Magazines
Mala-Mastrobertes-recreation-of-Mans.jpgRecreation of cover of Man's Adventure May 1959
Commenting on this kind of Pulp: “Working with vintage illustrated magazine covers for a while now, I noticed that the girls gracing the covers of men's magazines seem to have more fun than the ones adorning ladies publications (as beautiful and flawless as the latter ones also are). They exude health, happiness and of course unabashed sex appeal, which I suppose are exactly the qualities any man would like to see in a woman. Nothing wrong with being sexy, healthy and happy about it, but still these images caused and still cause a lot of controversy. Man's adventure genre brings out a whole other level of male fantasies, putting damsels in all kinds of distress, in desperate need of being rescued by a hero. Or at least I should hope that is the idea... Now that's objectification for you! or is it?”
Mala-Mastroberte-SPICY-DETECTIVE-Oct.jpgPulp Magazine Spicy Detective October 1936
533594_10152272717510601_513635018_n.jpgMala as a femme Fatale
She explains her motivation: “We all have a place we like to go to - to escape the everyday routine, to forget all troubles, or just to feel at home and be yourself. This is precisely what Malaland is for me. It is a place, a moment in time. but most of all - a state of mind. Fantasyland is usually a solitary place, even if shared with numerous characters. It is still a lone experience, but in a positive meaning of the word. It is as unique, as each individual. An exclusive room of one's own — to quote Virginia Woolf — a place where you can be free, unrestricted, unsupervised and independent. Free.”
Mala Mastroberte recreation,  MAN'S BOOK , Aug 1966-8x6[1].jpg
Man's Book August 1966
Mala Mastroberte on a faux cover of LIFE-8x6.jpgMovie Star!
Mala Mastroberte's recreation of 1960 paperback FACE OF LOVE-8x6.jpgThe Face of Love 1960
Mala Mastroberte faux ADVENTURE magazine cover-8x6.jpgFaux Adventure pulp
“Pin-up imagery used to be, or still is, perceived by some as objectifying and degrading women. Being aware of the social status of women at the time when pin-ups were at the height of their widest popularity, makes me suspicious about the honesty of those smiles. But who can deny those pretty eyes? I know I can’t! I am buying whatever it is they are selling. Just wonder sometimes, what is it exactly... Sex? Health? Youth? Or maybe just pure joy of life?

I do not advocate chauvinism, violence, abuse, guns or smoking, but take guilty pleasure from those vivid images and a certain comfort in knowing that they are not real. Many of the cover images portray women in various stages of undress, sometimes in trouble. sometimes causing trouble, but always very feminine and beautiful. Whatever the scene may be, those images are nothing short of powerful.

The genre used to be predominantly male, with very few female artist exceptions. It was an industry directed at male audiences. Today, women reclaim the genre as both, creators and recipients, embracing the fantasy and making it real. This is my goal as well. By embodying these covers I personify the characters and the narrative, the drama, the style and the aesthetic, the ethos of the vintage era. I try to bring them to reality and to the present through my own body. I enter that world, go deep inside and bring it out.”
Mala Mastroberte recreation of MAN'S DARING, Jan 1962-8x6.jpg
Man's Daring 1962
Photo of Mala Mastroberte by Mike James-8x6.jpgRecent Pin-up photo by Mike James. Note the nipples

Mala's web sites are:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/malaland; https://www.facebook.com/MalaMastroberte
Blog/kiosk: http://malalandkiosk.blogspot.com/
Her book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0...eASIN=0985480750&linkCode=as2&tag=menspcom-20

Man's Action July Unknown year and artist. Large Format
21542508178_b8e6a4cf9a_o.jpg"Confessions of a Teen-Age White Slaver" I really appreciate when one of my Pulps tries to do a public service. In this case highlighting a Teen-Age entrepreneur!
"$200,000 in Treasure is buried on Hollywood's Freeway! It's your if..." you can convince the city father in Hollywood to close a major freeway and let you dig it up in the hopes that you will get rich.
"The Bloody History of the Fighting 1st Marines" A worthwhile story to tell!
"The Nude Cat-Woman of France" Nude is good, What is a cat-woman? Long claws? Hot!
Cover. Nice set of DID. Blond, Redhead, three brunettes. Young women being herded by the evil Nazis into a barred wagon to take them to a fate worse than death! Pretty girls.

Men Today June 1962 small format
Men-Today-June-1962-600x804.jpg
"I lead the Nympho Guerrillas of Luzon" Talk about a plum assignment! Years later telling war stories. But with the wife and kids: "Sorry, PTSD, I can't talk about the Philippines."
"Keep the Thrill Kids off the Streets." Send the girls to my place.
"Lover Boy, You're NO MAN" Early rejection of a Transsexual!
"The Stripper Spy who sank 100 U boats" She posed naked in a living tableau until Himmler noticed her...wait, wrong story.
"Expose" You may become a Human Torch." Make sure if you time-travel back to Nero's time, you don't claim to be a Christian!
"I Sell Sin and Scenery: Confessions of a Resort Social Director" I really don't understand this. In the last few years the resort SD has only refered me to the bingo and shuffle board action.
"Handmaidens of Hell for Madame Torture" Well here's a good blurb for any cover. Babe tied down on bloody slab, Topless. shaved head whip master had already laid some strips. Over-enthusiastic Nazi trooper has got the iron red hot. A very pleasing scene. And Madame Torture! Excellent, She has the iron cross, the extended cleavage, cruel face, sexy red hair and a cane. But she also has a RED CAPE! She's some kind of Female Nazi Superheroine!

An exclusive room of one's own — to quote Virginia Woolf — a place where you can be free, unrestricted, unsupervised and independent. Free.”
Sounds like she got more fun in her room of her own than Ms Woolf ever did!

A bunch of very old odds and ends
9759213824_1ae49d7526_o.jpgFrom a pulp, don't know which one.
Muto the Tenth! What a man! A little over-armed for three helpless females. But he has that suave, debonair look that melts the ladies' hearts!
Black-Mask-October-1934-600x853.jpgBlack Mask Detective Stories. Even one by Raymond Chandler. Advise to the bound babe on the cover. The guy looks serious. I don't think you will like that iron he's heating!
Eerie-Stories-V11-600x853.jpgDon't know the date but looks like early 30's. Nice At for the time, chains, lace bra, all the legs. But that blowtorch on the iron looks nasty. Ouch!
Horror-Stories-1938-December-600x857.jpgHorror Stories December 1938
Note the girl in the back, passed our or dead about to be placed in some bubbling cauldron.
Really unique and exquisite torture here. Strapped in, even her head fixed by the helmet, the girl can only stare ahead as the sharp spikes are raised to press against the underside of her breasts and chin. Screaming would drive the one deeper in her throat. Very Lovely!

As we use the Nazi tortures of women to eroticize our pulps, today is a good time to remember.

November 9, 2018 is the 80th anniversary of Kristallnacht.

Many casual observers had dismissed the most extreme Nazi anti-semitic propaganda up to that time. Even many Jews in Germany thought it would be unpleasant under Hitler, but no reason to leave their homes and businesses.

Angus Thuermer, a recent University of Illinois graduate who was studying German in Berlin, recalled hearing “the smash and tinkle of broken glass” as thugs with Nazi armbands bashed in the windows of Jewish-owned shops; inside one of them another Nazi smashed a grand piano to pieces. Thuermer also saw smoke rising from a synagogue that had been set alight, one of approximately 1,000 synagogues that were destroyed across the country. “I was seeing, eye-witnessing an unreal frenzy,” he recalled. “It was the n-th power of what I had seen in Nazi rallies. That was sound. This was fury.”

Charles Thayer, a diplomat assigned to the U.S. consulate in Berlin, heard horror stories from all around the city. One of his friends saw the Nazis throw a small boy from a second-floor window to the mob below. “His leg broken, the boy began to crawl on hands and knees through the forest of kicking black boots until my friend plunged into the mob and rescued him,” he recounted.

This is something we should never forget.

As we use the Nazi tortures of women to eroticize our pulps, today is a good time to remember.

November 9, 2018 is the 80th anniversary of Kristallnacht.

Many casual observers had dismissed the most extreme Nazi anti-semitic propaganda up to that time. Even many Jews in Germany thought it would be unpleasant under Hitler, but no reason to leave their homes and businesses.

Angus Thuermer, a recent University of Illinois graduate who was studying German in Berlin, recalled hearing “the smash and tinkle of broken glass” as thugs with Nazi armbands bashed in the windows of Jewish-owned shops; inside one of them another Nazi smashed a grand piano to pieces. Thuermer also saw smoke rising from a synagogue that had been set alight, one of approximately 1,000 synagogues that were destroyed across the country. “I was seeing, eye-witnessing an unreal frenzy,” he recalled. “It was the n-th power of what I had seen in Nazi rallies. That was sound. This was fury.”

Charles Thayer, a diplomat assigned to the U.S. consulate in Berlin, heard horror stories from all around the city. One of his friends saw the Nazis throw a small boy from a second-floor window to the mob below. “His leg broken, the boy began to crawl on hands and knees through the forest of kicking black boots until my friend plunged into the mob and rescued him,” he recounted.

This is something we should never forget.
I can´t look at the pic. Got this promt: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Avon Fantasy Reader #14 1950
Avon Fantasy Reader no #14 (1950) - Page 1.pngMany believe the ultimate male torture, tied with your hand behind a pillar while a girl like that dances with (almost) nothing on! I great fiction, escape story, a sexy version of Lost Horizons. Here it is for your reading pleasure.
Avon Fantasy Reader no #14 (1950) - Page 4.jpgAvon Fantasy Reader no #14 (1950) - Page 6.jpgAvon Fantasy Reader no #14 (1950) - Page 8.jpgAvon Fantasy Reader no #14 (1950) - Page 10.jpgAvon Fantasy Reader no #14 (1950) - Page 12.jpg
Avon Fantasy Reader no #14 (1950) - Page 14.jpgAvon Fantasy Reader no #14 (1950) - Page 16.jpgAvon Fantasy Reader no #14 (1950) - Page 18.jpgAvon Fantasy Reader no #14 (1950) - Page 20.jpg

I can´t look at the pic. Got this promt: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
181108-Nagorski-Kristallnacht-tease_pefzks.jpg This OK?

BTW Today is also 30th of the fall of the Berlin Wall. It took 50 years, but a blow for freedom in the same Berlin as Kristallnacht.

View attachment 642959 This OK?

BTW Today is also 30th of the fall of the Berlin Wall. It took 50 years, but a blow for freedom in the same Berlin as Kristallnacht.
Yes, thank you.
Here in Germany the "Reichskristallnacht" is every year all over TV and the news in all media. It was the "coming out" of a really ugly time for millions of people, not least for everyone Jewish.

Yes, thank you.
Here in Germany the "Reichskristallnacht" is every year all over TV and the news in all media. It was the "coming out" of a really ugly time for millions of people, not least for everyone Jewish.
It was the "coming out" of a really ugly time
Very well put. Although that happened 10 years before I was born, I grew up on the evils of Nazzis (as my parents pronounced it). But in my family we always distinguished Nazi from German (as many of my friends did not do). While many supported Hitler, some did not (and sometimes suffered horribly for that) and collective guilt is to me too like racism. (My family's approach was surely influenced by most of my mother's and many of my father's ancestors being German - mainly pacifists fleeing the terrors of the 30 year war and such)

A very special Pulp discovery by Euer Führer your leader. Dedicated to a member who shall remain nameless (though if you can't guess, you should move to NW Arkansas where you'll fit in):

I was able to obtain the penultimate issue of Real Men, December 1974. By that time, word of the barbarities being committed under General Augusto Pinochet had begun to reach the wider world. In a surprisingly quick turnaround, Real Men’s editors commissioned an artist, unknown, to produce a cover, and the staff of writers to supply copy (real or imagined).
s-l1600a.jpg
“The interrogation of the man-starved nymphomaniac”
Kathy was a strip-club dancer and whore who loved fucking more than anything in the world, except freedom! She worked with the anti-Pinochet forces, seducing officers and getting inside information. Then one day she was caught! To interrogate her, the guards chose their favorite method, "La Parrilla." Meaning “the grill,” the naked prisoner was stretched out and strapped onto a metal bed-frame, and tied down. Electricity was fed from a standard wall outlet through a control box into two wires each terminating in electrodes. The control box gave the torturers the option of adjusting the voltage being administered to the prisoner. She was subjected to electrical shocks on several parts of the body, especially on sensitive areas like the genitals and on open wounds. They put a leather strap in her mouth so she would not bite her tongue while they shocked her. While shocking her, the guards entertained themselves by shoving various thick hard objects up her vagina, her anus and in her mouth. When these were metal, they would play at attaching the wire and giving electrical burns deep in her cunt, rectum or throat. She was “questioned” for twelve days straight. After that she was judged to be insane and sent to a firing squad.

“The Demonic Colonel orchestrates ‘Family Time’.”
The chief of interrogation, Colonel Rodrigues, known by the prisoners in the fort as “The Demon,” liked to supervise what he called “Family Time.” The innocent members of a prisoner’s family would be rounded up and brought to the fort. They would then be tortured in front of the prisoner. The colonel found that wives and young daughters elicited the most reaction from his prisoners. A particularly barbaric version of "La Parrilla," was the use of a metal bunk bed; the victim being interrogated was placed on the top bunk, face down, looking through the open metal slats, while the wife or daughter was bound naked, face up on the bottom bunk. The guards then proceeded to torture both simultaneously.

“Screaming virgin students at the mercy of the Mistress of Pain”
No story available, but we all know the plot.

“I rescued the nude nurse from the Master of the Whip.”
Cover Story.
Untitled.jpg
A young Scottish student nurse volunteers with Amnesty International to go to Chile and help families of the “disappeared” victims. Secretly she agrees to act as a spy, feeding information on Operation Colombo during which hundreds of left-wing activists were murdered and Operation Condor, carried out jointly with the security services of other Latin American dictatorships. Eulalia is caught up in a sweep targeting relatives of prisoners (See “Family Time.”) and lands in the clutches of Colonel Rodrigues. A search of her things reveals proof of her undercover work. Rodrigues hands her over to his best torturer, Carlos “The Whip Master,” to determine what she knows. Carlos is ordered to spare no effort and to conclude his work with her horrible death.

Amnesty International’s London chief has a contact high in the American CIA. A seasoned CIA operative, code-named Jewels is sent to free her. Will he be able to penetrated the army fort and get to the girl before she succumbs to the torture?

Man's Adventure November 1959
Mans-Adventure-November-1959-600x759.jpgVery 50's vs 60's artwork
"Lust in her Eyes- Larceny in her Mind-Murder in her Heart: The Red Hot Kitten and the Ice Cool Cat" Sounds like a beat version of the usual innocent girl coming-of-age story.
"The Outlaw Marshal of Caldwell: Rustler, killer, bank robber, he appointed himself with blazing six-guns" Sounds like a good rip-roaring western tale. 'Rustler, killer, bank robber, he appointed himself...' to me it sounds as if he would be a good candidate for a free election to office!
"The Nation's Brawlingest Burg -The sin-suburb where Wickedness is a way of life." Won't you be really pissed if they named your town! Property values!:eek:
"The Box-Car Bawds of Buffalo Bend - Sex was their Commodity - and they brought it to the Girl Hungry Killers of the Lawless Frontier." Another rip-roaring tale, but this time with much more sex. Notice language is restricted: bawds (actually the madam, not the prostitutes).
The cover appears without a blurb. But so nice. Harem/belly dancer facing multiple branding irons while held by pirates. Very terrified look! And what will they use the anvil for!:rolleyes:

Adventure magazine small format
5477258b2b84b1cffec82526baa761f0.jpg"Irish Soldiers never say Die" - Brave men
"Treasure in your backyard" You don't know my backyard.
"Adventure on a Shoestring." A $7.50 Bonus Book! for buying a $0.35 mag - great deal!
"$100 for your story $100" Windar take notice.
Cover Story. What a sweet young thing, innocent and vulnerable. She wears a Jaguar skin loincloth and has a wild Jaguar on a leash. One brave and sex-starved girl (aren't they all sex-starved?)! Hunter is not looking at Jaguar or girl. Does he know what his role is going to be here?

Back
Top Bottom