Seditiosa

Go to CruxDreams.com

Spiros

Guard
First real Female Jesus movie but hopefully not the last. Nailing scenes were amazing, especially Judith who screamed her lungs out. Loved the two naked, one with loincloth crucifixion. Not too keen on the blood soaked whipped bodies hanging on the crosses though. Covered too much bare flesh. But altogether a really good film so well done to all involved.

My two cents on the movie, based on the “Pre-sale” version -

First 30-40 minutes was very good, considering the budget constraints. Actually had a plot, made a nice prequel to the rest of the movie and made it more then just a S&M movie.

The whipping scene is pretty well done, and the change to all three being whipped at the same time was a good one. The ropes should have been chained versus tied though. The budget certainly could have accommodated that. The ropes work, but shackled wrists would have provided a more “Roman” quality. Simonne showed her acting talent with her feistiness when being tied and again when the crossbeam is being place on her shoulders.

The walk to the crucifixion was just too long. Almost 20 minutes if my count is right. It could easily have been shaved to 15, maybe less. This would have allowed more time for the crux sequence development if there was a 90 minute hard stop requirement. There should also have been some close up scenes with dialogue between Yahel and the lady in white (character name escapes me) while she is marching up the hill. Would have added drama and broken up the long dialogue free drought.

I have already given my opinion on the unnecessarily long hair.

It looks like Yahel's nailing scene was supposed to include a ground angle shot of her looking up at the others, and maybe them saying something to the Romans to release her. Otherwise, why was she not nailed to the cross member at the foot of the post like the others. That would have been a great scene addition. Another opportunity lost.

Why were they standing on the cross? A sedile type support could easily been added during the raising process that would have provided support to allow the knees to be bent, or they all could have just sunk down the way Mila sort of did to give the impression of actually hanging. For a group that claims to have all this experience in crux films, that look was terrible.

The foot nailing was nothing short of moronic. Nobody is going to just stand there motionless during that. Their feet should have been tied.

The lack of dialogue between the crucified 3 and between the 3 and the crowd is unforgivable. The "dialogue rehearsal" short to raise funds basically promised it. And it would have added so much more to the crux scene drama . There is no cost for it, as is set-up is already there. This is one of those things that, for me anyway, makes me not trust these folks to do what the say they will when asking for funds. Maybe the final cut added some stuff in, but if not, this is total crap.

Should have incorporated a person going up on a ladder and tying off the cross member. The white rope that prevents the cross member from twisting just shows up. Could have also provide for shot from the cross looking down on the crowd, and again, that the person engage in dialogue with one or more of the women.

I get this was a low budget affair. Certainly didn't expect 100’s extras, a massive stone citadel, village, etc. However, I did expect the dialog from the cross and the ladies to at least look like they are hanging versus standing. For a group of folks who claim to have crux movie expertise, the crux scene was very disappointing.

I dont know what version you were looking at, on mine, Yahel was nailed to the crossbar on the ground in front of her upright and then hauled up.
She suffered in the true depiction of holy martyr dying for her beliefs.
I also think the crossbars should have been fixed rigidly to uprights and the martyrs should hanged stretched in agony.
What I thought was totaly unrealistic was the stupid loincloths, what were they for?? they should have been total naked right from when they were scourged, this was meant to be an execution, not a fashion show.
Perhaps there is an adult version, what happened to the promised rapes.

I dont know what version you were looking at, on mine, Yahel was nailed to the crossbar on the ground in front of her upright and then hauled up.
She suffered in the true depiction of holy martyr dying for her beliefs.
I also think the crossbars should have been fixed rigidly to uprights and the martyrs should hanged stretched in agony.
What I thought was totaly unrealistic was the stupid loincloths, what were they for?? they should have been total naked right from when they were scourged, this was meant to be an execution, not a fashion show.
Perhaps there is an adult version, what happened to the promised rapes.
The version I have on Vimeo, the other 2 are nailed at the base of the upright with their feet toward the crowd, then lifted basically straight up, where with Yahel e cross member is is a distance away from the upright, and she is facing away from the crowd. She is then picked up and dragged to upright.

I am also hopeful that there will be a "directors cut" that fixes a number of issues.

Forgot this one on earlier post -

Dani's nailing scene is first rate, not just because of her reaction, but the camera angles and the sound on the nails being what they would sound like being driven into wood versus the tink tink of the other scenes.

I first posted my reaction to the movie and this has now become a review thread which will hopefully help in any other similar projects. There are some mixed reviews already some some fair and some not so, but we must respect all opinions. I commented on too much blood covering the naked bodies from the flogging on the cross , and also agree the loincloths could have been more tighter . But overall I think Jac and his brilliant crew should be given so much credit for daring to make a movie like this where many would consider it taboo. Well done to you all. Would be great if the story continues with the young Joana continuing Yahel’s work and then inevitably ending up hanging naked from a cross.

Shortly after the new year's interminable events, Jac was able to get together with the principal cast and a few of the crew to watch Seditiosa in it's almost final version.

The screening itself went well, the time was short, so the people left almost in a hurry. What came later Jac did not expect. Lots of comments from the actresses, about some shots, about little issues that are almost undetectable, but they are there. Dani had a whole list of things to go over. It was not only her list, but a list where many of those who watched the film added their little 2 cents.

Jac and Dani met to go over the film, bit by bit, examining the issues. Little things, like during a close up shot at the beginning, when Dani and Mila are lowering the trunk to the ground... ALAS, Mila's nail is painted blue! Jac hadn't see that and I doubt many people will notice, maybe nobody, except Dani, maybe she has something about finger nails... but it's there and it must be fixed. And like that many other little problems, like a close up of Simonne where her skin looks awful... stuff like that.

SeditiosaScreenshot2024020561908%E2%80%AF-1024x572.png

In any case, soon after those meetings, Jac began to work on fixing those problems but suddenly he felt he was saturated, he could not open the project and concentrate on it and it happened for many days. Not to mention additional family meetings, lots of them.

Last weekend, Jac went back to the project, to finally close it. He managed to get all the way to the crucifixion part, where many of the comments concentrated, he was about to jump completely into it when he received the news that Pygmalion was pre selected for the Premios Platino (Platino Awards). It's like the Oscars for Ibero American movies. To be pre selected for that is huge, really huge. Suddenly our team is joining the likes of Pedro Almodovar, Penelope Cruz... that kind of deal.

PlatinoScreenshot2024020542015-1024x487.png
PlatinoScreenshot2024020540608-1024x145.png

Jac spent most of this week preparing all the materials requested by the P A, he completed this very important task in the life of our production company just today. Pygmalion is now in the hands of the many jurors who will decide what to do with it.

Jac is now too craze to think of anything except his cats. After a couple of days or complete relaxation, he'll complete the fixing of Seditiosa and we'll be ready to release it.

We've been working on the strategy for the film. It's not the same as to release it to a few supporters here, who might be impatient. No. It's a whole different deal.

We're not aspiring to reach a few hundred fans, that's done, our fans know about the film, many already saw it. No. We're aiming to reach a large audience all over the world and that's why it takes some time to get everything done.

We're pretty much in full tech mode, checking stats all over the place to make sure it works the best way possible. We can check stats of how many people watched our films, whether they saw the entire movie, or just half of it. Things like that. It gives us a very important perspective about how a film will do with the audience.

There are other issues Jac has to deal with, about Seditiosa, but those are more personal issues. I kind of know what they are, but I don't want to put my foot in my mouth. I can say, however, that he is very depressed. That's the sense I get. Even with all the excitement with the Platino Awards... and those fantastic news came just when we were about to officially release Pygmalion to the world. We can add that bit to the promos, it's like saying Oscar nominated. It's cool.

Even with all the delays, Seditiosa will be released in record time, really. One thing Jac blames for all the little problems in the film is that he was rushing the post, not going over every little detail in every single shot and every single frame, something that he now has to do. Still, in record time.

That's where things are right now.

Shortly after the new year's interminable events, Jac was able to get together with the principal cast and a few of the crew to watch Seditiosa in it's almost final version.

The screening itself went well, the time was short, so the people left almost in a hurry. What came later Jac did not expect. Lots of comments from the actresses, about some shots, about little issues that are almost undetectable, but they are there. Dani had a whole list of things to go over. It was not only her list, but a list where many of those who watched the film added their little 2 cents.

Jac and Dani met to go over the film, bit by bit, examining the issues. Little things, like during a close up shot at the beginning, when Dani and Mila are lowering the trunk to the ground... ALAS, Mila's nail is painted blue! Jac hadn't see that and I doubt many people will notice, maybe nobody, except Dani, maybe she has something about finger nails... but it's there and it must be fixed. And like that many other little problems, like a close up of Simonne where her skin looks awful... stuff like that.

SeditiosaScreenshot2024020561908%E2%80%AF-1024x572.png

In any case, soon after those meetings, Jac began to work on fixing those problems but suddenly he felt he was saturated, he could not open the project and concentrate on it and it happened for many days. Not to mention additional family meetings, lots of them.

Last weekend, Jac went back to the project, to finally close it. He managed to get all the way to the crucifixion part, where many of the comments concentrated, he was about to jump completely into it when he received the news that Pygmalion was pre selected for the Premios Platino (Platino Awards). It's like the Oscars for Ibero American movies. To be pre selected for that is huge, really huge. Suddenly our team is joining the likes of Pedro Almodovar, Penelope Cruz... that kind of deal.

PlatinoScreenshot2024020542015-1024x487.png
PlatinoScreenshot2024020540608-1024x145.png

Jac spent most of this week preparing all the materials requested by the P A, he completed this very important task in the life of our production company just today. Pygmalion is now in the hands of the many jurors who will decide what to do with it.

Jac is now too craze to think of anything except his cats. After a couple of days or complete relaxation, he'll complete the fixing of Seditiosa and we'll be ready to release it.

We've been working on the strategy for the film. It's not the same as to release it to a few supporters here, who might be impatient. No. It's a whole different deal.

We're not aspiring to reach a few hundred fans, that's done, our fans know about the film, many already saw it. No. We're aiming to reach a large audience all over the world and that's why it takes some time to get everything done.

We're pretty much in full tech mode, checking stats all over the place to make sure it works the best way possible. We can check stats of how many people watched our films, whether they saw the entire movie, or just half of it. Things like that. It gives us a very important perspective about how a film will do with the audience.

There are other issues Jac has to deal with, about Seditiosa, but those are more personal issues. I kind of know what they are, but I don't want to put my foot in my mouth. I can say, however, that he is very depressed. That's the sense I get. Even with all the excitement with the Platino Awards... and those fantastic news came just when we were about to officially release Pygmalion to the world. We can add that bit to the promos, it's like saying Oscar nominated. It's cool.

Even with all the delays, Seditiosa will be released in record time, really. One thing Jac blames for all the little problems in the film is that he was rushing the post, not going over every little detail in every single shot and every single frame, something that he now has to do. Still, in record time.

That's where things are right now.
I choose to continue to wait patiently and will not complain. And besides, no matter how impatient you may feel, that doesn't mean that you HAVE to say it. Be kind. Just my thoughts. No offense intended to anyone.

I can say, however, that he is very depressed. That's the sense I get.
I choose to continue to wait patiently and will not complain. And besides, no matter how impatient you may feel, that doesn't mean that you HAVE to say it. Be kind. Just my thoughts. No offense intended to anyone.
Yes, Margot, please tell Jac there's a lot of people who care about him, more than he'll never know of. Even some who've felt impatient will surely not want him to go on overworking and losing heart. Tell him to be kind to himself :icon12:

I will allow myself to disagree and express my thoughts. The team making the film certainly did a great job and did a great job. But several times it was promised that we were about to see the film. You don't need to make a promise if you don't plan to keep it. If the film had been released it is unclear when, then it would have been worth writing it that way, and there would have been no questions.

Oh, and one more thing. Who determined what we should say and what we shouldn't?

I will allow myself to disagree and express my thoughts. The team making the film certainly did a great job and did a great job. But several times it was promised that we were about to see the film. You don't need to make a promise if you don't plan to keep it. If the film had been released it is unclear when, then it would have been worth writing it that way, and there would have been no questions.
And I respect your opinion. It is okay to disagree. But the thing we both agree on here is that we are both looking forward to Seditiosa when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom