Seditiosa

Go to CruxDreams.com
In the Seditiosa movie...is there any actual "single female character alone" whipping scene...or is all of it this group activity they discussed? Just a personal preference really...scene just plays out better and is less distracting when it's one girl alone being punished.

In the Seditiosa movie...is there any actual "single female character alone" whipping scene...or is all of it this group activity they discussed? Just a personal preference really...scene just plays out better and is less distracting when it's one girl alone being punished.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

After the three women are nailed to their crosses all three are whipped. Judith and Magdalena are flogged simultaneously, by the two men that flogged them at their flogging scene, where the two men whip all three. One gives a lash to Judith, the other to Magdalena and both to Yahel. That means that in the whipping scene Yahel gets two lashes each time the other women get one.

SeditiosaSC08_1431_00020500-1024x576.jpg

While on the cross, one man flogs Judith, the other Magdalena. When they are done, both of the go after Yahel. At that moment in the film, Yahel alone is whipped on the cross but the two men.

SeditiosaTheFilm_01225214-1024x576.jpg

SPOILER ALERT!!!

After the three women are nailed to their crosses all three are whipped. Judith and Magdalena are flogged simultaneously, by the two men that flogged them at their flogging scene, where the two men whip all three. One gives a lash to Judith, the other to Magdalena and both to Yahel. That means that in the whipping scene Yahel gets two lashes each time the other women get one.

While on the cross, one man flogs Judith, the other Magdalena. When they are done, both of the go after Yahel. At that moment in the film, Yahel alone is whipped on the cross but the two men.

What happened to your cross? Why is the cross bar at an angle of 30 degrees to the horizontal?

What happened to your cross? Why is the cross bar at an angle of 30 degrees to the horizontal?
I strongly suspect that in Roman times, where a cross was lashed together with rope (if indeed that was how it was done), they didn't bother much with a carpenter's square to test the angle. The girl is up there. Be happy. :rolleyes:

No. only the group whipping scene.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Hey not a problem... I asked and got my answer...different things for different folks and all...

Thank you both for the detailed/accurate responses though.

My two cents on the movie, based on the “Pre-sale” version -

First 30-40 minutes was very good, considering the budget constraints. Actually had a plot, made a nice prequel to the rest of the movie and made it more then just a S&M movie.

The whipping scene is pretty well done, and the change to all three being whipped at the same time was a good one. The ropes should have been chained versus tied though. The budget certainly could have accommodated that. The ropes work, but shackled wrists would have provided a more “Roman” quality. Simonne showed her acting talent with her feistiness when being tied and again when the crossbeam is being place on her shoulders.

The walk to the crucifixion was just too long. Almost 20 minutes if my count is right. It could easily have been shaved to 15, maybe less. This would have allowed more time for the crux sequence development if there was a 90 minute hard stop requirement. There should also have been some close up scenes with dialogue between Yahel and the lady in white (character name escapes me) while she is marching up the hill. Would have added drama and broken up the long dialogue free drought.

I have already given my opinion on the unnecessarily long hair.

It looks like Yahel's nailing scene was supposed to include a ground angle shot of her looking up at the others, and maybe them saying something to the Romans to release her. Otherwise, why was she not nailed to the cross member at the foot of the post like the others. That would have been a great scene addition. Another opportunity lost.

Why were they standing on the cross? A sedile type support could easily been added during the raising process that would have provided support to allow the knees to be bent, or they all could have just sunk down the way Mila sort of did to give the impression of actually hanging. For a group that claims to have all this experience in crux films, that look was terrible.

The foot nailing was nothing short of moronic. Nobody is going to just stand there motionless during that. Their feet should have been tied.

The lack of dialogue between the crucified 3 and between the 3 and the crowd is unforgivable. The "dialogue rehearsal" short to raise funds basically promised it. And it would have added so much more to the crux scene drama . There is no cost for it, as is set-up is already there. This is one of those things that, for me anyway, makes me not trust these folks to do what the say they will when asking for funds. Maybe the final cut added some stuff in, but if not, this is total crap.

Should have incorporated a person going up on a ladder and tying off the cross member. The white rope that prevents the cross member from twisting just shows up. Could have also provide for shot from the cross looking down on the crowd, and again, that the person engage in dialogue with one or more of the women.

I get this was a low budget affair. Certainly didn't expect 100’s extras, a massive stone citadel, village, etc. However, I did expect the dialog from the cross and the ladies to at least look like they are hanging versus standing. For a group of folks who claim to have crux movie expertise, the crux scene was very disappointing.
The HD version is basically the same as the earlier release, with a change to the background music during the crux scenes and some incorporation of the dialogue from the "rehearsal" short embedded in the soundtrack - though it is obvious the crucified ladies are not speaking it.

Why the rehersal dialogue was not incorporated in the film is a conplete mystery. It would have added a lot.

I've seen the downloaded movie but now want the DVD. How's the best and quickest way of ordering this please.

We're preparing the DVD for both, download to burn and physical DVD by mail. We're setting the subtitles in other languages like German. We'll announce when they are ready in the store in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom