She’s ready to be whipped

Go to CruxDreams.com
The ambience of a Southern Cotton Plantation would so much enhance this ...
Well this pic could be from "Hartley House" which is a thread not yet started.
Learning manners.jpg In the pic Isaac Hartley is holding the whip. He is teaching Bessy, one of his house maids the importance of being subservient at all times to their masters and that includes his newly arrived cousin Isabella. She demanded that Bessy be whipped for being uppity. For good measure she also required that Bessy's daughter must watch the lesson and take her mother's place for the final dozen lashes.
Hartley House will contain some extreme racial language in common use at the time among plantation owners and overseers. Language which today would be termed unacceptable. But....you don't have to read it or even look at the pics.

View attachment 580199 In the pic Isaac Hartley is holding the whip. He is teaching Bessy, one of his house maids the importance of being subservient at all times to their masters and that includes his newly arrived cousin Isabella. She demanded that Bessy be whipped for being uppity. For good measure she also required that Bessy's daughter must watch the lesson and take her mother's place for the final dozen lashes.
Hartley House will contain some extreme racial language in common use at the time among plantation owners and overseers. Language which today would be termed unacceptable. But....you don't have to read it or even look at the pics.
That's a wonderful pic, Melissa, and I look forward to the thread. I wrote a story a while back set on a southern plantation http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/visiting-the-jackson-plantation.6321/ It's certainly a good setting for a story...

View attachment 580199 In the pic Isaac Hartley is holding the whip. He is teaching Bessy, one of his house maids the importance of being subservient at all times to their masters and that includes his newly arrived cousin Isabella. She demanded that Bessy be whipped for being uppity. For good measure she also required that Bessy's daughter must watch the lesson and take her mother's place for the final dozen lashes.
Thank you! I was hoping tat the more artistic members of the forum would make something like this. Great!

That's a wonderful pic, Melissa, and I look forward to the thread. I wrote a story a while back set on a southern plantation http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/visiting-the-jackson-plantation.6321/ It's certainly a good setting for a story...
Thanks for the words of encouragement and the link. I must admit to using this thread as a sounding board before starting Hartley House this week. I don't want any arguments from anyone who feels uneasy about extreme racial language in a story. It will be just a story with short chapters and mainly pics. When we get going any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and the link. I must admit to using this thread as a sounding board before starting Hartley House this week. I don't want any arguments from anyone who feels uneasy about extreme racial language in a story. It will be just a story with short chapters and mainly pics. When we get going any suggestions will be welcome.
Go for the story!!!

Back
Top Bottom