Slavery

Go to CruxDreams.com
slave_ship_hold_ii_by_barbarydreams_ddopxns-fullview.jpg

And the tour company brochure promised elegant and spacious below deck quarters and ample opportunity for socializing with other passengers. :confused:

Further Enslaved Women...

1595510440616.jpeg
I enjoy the detail that went into this shot in “Spartacus”, which lasted maybe half of a second. I particularly like the notices hanging from the women’s necks, proclaiming their origin. For the life of me, I still can’t make out the writing on the woman on the right. And the one on the left is apparently from Macedonia. Interesting, given her ethnicity.

Anyway, I am irrationally attracted to the Numidian slave. She strikes a good balance between alertness and intelligence on one hand and docility on the other. I think I could buy her, take her up to my house on the Capitoline, and immediately have a decent household slave girl.

View attachment 880988
I enjoy the detail that went into this shot in “Spartacus”, which lasted maybe half of a second. I particularly like the notices hanging from the women’s necks, proclaiming their origin. For the life of me, I still can’t make out the writing on the woman on the right. And the one on the left is apparently from Macedonia. Interesting, given her ethnicity.

Anyway, I am irrationally attracted to the Numidian slave. She strikes a good balance between alertness and intelligence on one hand and docility on the other. I think I could buy her, take her up to my house on the Capitoline, and immediately have a decent household slave girl.

I can’t make out where the one on the right is from either, but I identify with her. She would be me in body and attitude. She looks wary, uncertain about what might happen ... biding her time. She is not comfortable with being purchased as a slave. If given the opportunity she would attempt an escape. Or, perhaps something rebellious ... someday slipping something Lethal into the drink of the Roman who might purchase and abuse her.

I can’t make out where the one on the right is from either, but I identify with her. She would be me in body and attitude. She looks wary, uncertain about what might happen ... biding her time. She is not comfortable with being purchased as a slave. If given the opportunity she would attempt an escape. Or, perhaps something rebellious ... someday slipping something Lethal into the drink of the Roman who might purchase and abuse her.
She may fit the character profile,but this scene is far too early for her to have hailed from Minnesota!

1595526599163.jpeg

“I found this one down in the market and got a good bargain from old Rufus the dealer. Wash her, feed her, get her some real clothes, and find a job you think she can do without much trouble. Oh, and have the other girls start teaching her Latin. I don’t think she speaks any.”

Beware - the consequences can be rather atrocious. And not just for her, in the latter case - it would mean the death of every slave in the household.

View attachment 880988

Dear friend, I am going to raise the stakes because I also like little Numidia.
If I take the bargain, it will be in my bed, after being branded, whipped and washed. We must immediately establish our authority and clearly show the slave who is his master.
Not being a selfish person, I will invite you one day to share with you a jar of my excellent wine and you will be able to dispose of this slave throughout the night.
I will find a pretext later to have her crucified. She should put on a nice show.

Back
Top Bottom