Stuff Happen's After Messaline's Plans Go Awry...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Messa - it's off-topic really, but I just wanted to tell you, I've discovered Violette leDuc Therese et Isabelle, there's a good English translation, published early this year but I've only just found it. Wow! Delicious writing - and funny too. It must be your bible?

tree doesn't usually get perturbed by banter on a thread...

But this tome was 4 months in the making, 178 pages in word, over 150 illustrations ranging from originals to manipulations and we break put in a discussion about another writer??????????

tree doesn't usually get perturbed by banter on a thread...

But this tome was 4 months in the making, 178 pages in word, over 150 illustrations ranging from originals to manipulations and we break put in a discussion about another writer??????????
sorry Tree, eulalia kneels with humble apologies and ready for whipping -​
but n.b. the (well-deserved) nice things we've said about Stuff Happens,​
and we're getting it onto the Archive.​

sorry Tree, eulalia kneels with humble apologies and ready for whipping -​
but n.b. the (well-deserved) nice things we've said about Stuff Happens,​
and we're getting it onto the Archive.​
see your pm's :p

I woke up at 7:30 Tuesday morning to the sound of Gunner’s Buell doing tire-smoking burnouts on the drive at the end of my deck. I lit a smoke and poured my usual for breakfast. Gunner yelled “Come on, man. We have to road trip.”

“You’re awfully fucking chipper this morning” I growled. I’m not sure if it was having only a bit more than an hour and a half of sleep or if it was just a bit more than an hour and a half since I last drank. “Where the hell are we ‘road tripping’ to and why are we ‘road tripping?”

“Joplin, my friend” Gunner said far too cheerfully for me to appreciate. I went to reach in my duster to grab my Glock and shoot his cheery ass when I remembered Messa had my duster, my Glock, and someone had mentioned my Bentley was out of gas near Joplin.

I hauled my aching back out of the chair and grabbed the bottle of Seagram’s and the half empty carton of Marlboros. We walked over to the pole barn and I grabbed the keys to the ’68 Caddy off the wall. Gunner groaned and said “Please, Tree, I have some self-respect.”

I shrugged and grabbed the keys to the Pantera and tossed them to Gunner. In a few minutes we cruised through Pacific. I looked at the coffee shop as rolled past. I began to ask “Is Messa doing…”

“She’s fine. You want some breakfast? There’s McDonald’s.”

“I’ve got ‘McSeagram’s. Let’s get the car.”

A moment later we were heading west on I-44 at double the speed limit. I lit up a smoke and buckled my seatbelt. I ran my hand through my greasy hair and realized I had left my shades on the table on my deck. I told Gunner “Don’t let that sun rise high enough to come into the windshield. What the hell is the Bentley doing in Joplin?”

Tree told me to follow Messa so I did. She didn’t stop at the coffee shop. Instead she blew through Pacific and headed west on Interstate 44. She is a good driver. I was doing everything I could to keep up with her on the Buell while she was chain-smoking Madame Wu’s and steering the Bentley one-handed at 150 MPH. After I had to stop to gas the bike I doubted I ever catch up with her, but just east of Joplin I crested a hill and saw the big black car on the shoulder. I grabbed the front brake and stomped on the back on, stopping just feet from the back bumper. Messa was sitting on the trunk lid with her spiked heels digging holes in the bumper cover.

Smoke curled off the tires when I shut the bike down. Messa had gone for a drive. She was upset and hadn’t thought about not having cash or a credit card. She drove the car until it ran out of gas. She smiled at me and asked ‘Can you give a girl a lift?”

“Little Girl, do you have any idea what would have happened if the Missouri Highway Patrol would have pulled you over doing over a buck-forty in a car that ain’t yours, wearing a gun that ain’t yours and you don’t have a permit to carry, and you’re higher than a goddamn kite?”

“They’d crucify me?” she said with a laugh. I looked in the Bentley’s glove box and found the leather case with the sunglasses in them. I handed them to Messa and pulled Tree’s hat off her head and tossed it in the car. I spent the next two and a half hours with the young, beautiful girl perched on the half-seat behind me, her golden hair streaming behind her and Tree’s duster flapping like a flag as we headed to the coffee shop.

I awoke to being thrown forward against my seat belt. Gunner pulled off the highway and pulled into a Walmart parking lot. I twisted open the Seagram’s bottle and asked “What the fuck are you doing?’

“I gotta by a gas can.”

“I have at least ten in the garage.”

“And you have no trunk in this car.”

When he came back we rumbled over to the Qwik-Trip (it’s not one now) and topped off the Pantera and filled the plastic gas can with five gallons of premium unleaded. He opened my door and set the container between my knees. When he jumped into the driver’s seat he asked “how about some breakfast, Tree. There’s a White Castle a few blocks away. “

I figured the seventy miles or so to the Bentley would take only thirty minutes or so. “Yeah, get me a half dozen.”

Gunner handed me the sack. I reached in and pulled the first one out. When I finished it I lit a smoke. Gunner gave me a funny look. As I stuffed the second one in my mouth I asked “What?”

“You’ve got five gallons of gas beneath your balls and you’re smoking a cigarette!”

“I’ll watch the ash. What was Messa doing down here?”

“Driving around, I’d guess.”

“Did you fuck her?”

“Tree, gentleman don’t even ask that question…”

tree

“I’ll watch the ash. What was Messa doing down here?”

“Driving around, I’d guess.”

“Did you fuck her?”

“Tree, gentleman don’t even ask that question…”

:D:rolleyes:

Thanks!

I do prefer a digital version of 'text' books because my bookshelves are 120% loaded, but 80 % of the Megabytes of my EReader are still immaculate.
Which E-books do you want? I have a huge amount Ebooks (comics in english french german and of course dutch)

ok:D

I didn’t see Messa again until Sunday when I boarded Mr. Wu’s Gulfstream jet to fly to California. I walked through the cabin past Messa, Sharon, Mel and Jul. I was looked at like some leper and went to the back of the plane and fixed a drink and lit a smoke. We taxied to the runway and took off from Spirit of St. Louis Airport. I sat alone in the back of the plane until somewhere over Arizona when Messa walked back. She lit a Madame Wu and asked if a lady could have a seat. I waved to the empty chair. The stewardess (Mr. Wu does not have flight attendants) asked Messa if she wanted a drink then left to get her wine.

“Sorry about the car. It didn’t occur to me I didn’t have any cash.”

“You’ve been through more than anyone I know.”

“I… I was upset. You know the only memento of my mother is three fucking bloody spikes.”

I looked at Messa. We were flying to California to have her death certificate annulled. The preliminary hearing would be Monday morning. If it went as expected Messa would have all of Brigitte’s estate. There might be a few mementos there. But I took a chance and reached into my pocket. I pulled out Brigitte’s tag and handed it to Messa.

She looked at it and tears filled her eyes. Messa squeezed the tag and wiped her eyes. Her voice broke as she said “Mama’s dead.”

“I’m sorry, Messaline.”

There was a pause before she said “My friends call me ‘Messa’. I hope we’re still friends, Tree.”

I couldn’t answer her. What she said was what I needed to hear. She leaned over and kissed me then licked the tear running down my cheek…

tree

We went to California to get Messaline declared alive. I went to court as Messa’s legal representative. I do have two semesters of Business Law. The court session didn’t go well at first. The judge thought I looked like Elwood Blues.
jjb141.jpg

I had drunk some and her remarks didn’t sit well with me. My calling the judge a tight-ass cunt didn’t help Messa’s case. I was pissed that I wore a suit, a fedora, and matching black Ray-Bans and the judge opens with insulting my appearance. I felt like I was in the movie “My Cousin Vinnie”.

After a short session in her chambers she determined I was nothing better than an unsophisticated hick from the fly-over states unworthy of her contempt. I found her to be a bleeding heart liberal that detested the IMF. It occurred to me it might benefit Messaline if I would apologize and agree to remove my hat and sunglasses while in her court.

Mel and Jul were along for support. Sharon testified that she had witnessed Messa’s crucifixion and the woman before the court was indeed the same woman she had seen crucified. Her testimony carried considerable weight when she revealed she had also been crucified and was obviously alive.

I presented photographs of both Sharon and Messa crucified, Messa crucified with Brian and Brigitte at her cross, and a 10 minute video clip of Messa lying on a sheet after her crucifixion with no visible signs of life.

plans Sharons end jpeg.jpg plans Messa sunrise.jpg Plans Messa's night visit jpeg.jpg plans messa removed 3.jpg

The final evidence was a certified affidavit from Region Commander Hyland stating that Messaline Atkinson had been executed by crucifixion, had been presumed dead, and upon finding she had indeed survived the supervising IMA and IMF officials in charge of her execution had been reprimanded and executed. His statement also declared Messa had served her sentence and the IMF would not pursue the completion of her execution.

“Mighty generous of them” the judge observed. “I will give my judgment at 9 AM tomorrow morning. If I find in favor of the petitioner the ruling is final.”

That night we stayed in the condominiums of Wu Industries in Santa Monica overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I sat alone on my balcony. I had a few drinks. I had no idea what the ladies were doing in their condo…

jurist prelude.jpg

tree

You do realize Eulalia is pissed off that she was left behind and her slavemasters are not there to whip her...

Tree

The next morning Messaline was in the courtroom while I had a smoke outside. Damned if the judge wasn’t right on time. The bailiff ordered all to rise and the judge took her seat. She asked Messa where her ‘council’ was.

“He’s been delayed. He’ll be here in a moment” she replied nervously.

“I don’t have a ‘moment’. Would you rise?” she said to Messa more an order than a request.
jjb142.jpg

I walked into the courtroom but stayed in the back.

“Your case is the strangest one I have ever presided over. Be that as it may, I find the State of California, based on inaccurate information provided by the IMF, erroneously issued a death certificate for Ms. Messaline Atkinson. Therefore the court voids said certificate and restores all rights, privileges, and properties belonging to you. Congratulations Ms. Atkinson, you are legally alive.”

Applause broke out in the courtroom and the judge did nothing to stifle it. Instead she motioned me to come to the bench. When I got there she handed me her card and said “There are 5000 paparazzi out there. Take her and her friend out through my chambers. And Tree, I want you to call me and tell me how you pulled this one off.”

I assured her I would and the five of us were hustled out to the private garage where a black Bentley sat. Messa squealed “I want to drive!”

“Go ahead” I smiled “It is your car again…”
tree

Back
Top Bottom