Sugar Intake

How much sugar do you consume on a regular basis

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
Mainly in cereals like muesli or granola or as honey or marmalade - don't take sugar in tea or (usually not) in coffee. Perhaps that is why I am a bit of a perve?

Mainly in cereals like muesli or granola or as honey or marmalade - don't take sugar in tea or (usually not) in coffee. Perhaps that is why I am a bit of a perve?
It was an experiment. Not a complete disaster. I think we've all learned something.

As an athlete I try very hard to limit my sugar intake to a minimum. The only things I eat that are high in it when I'm training/racing is energy gels, which are just pure glucose (sugar) to keep you going on the ride. Sugar by itself is not bad for you in moderation. Things like honey, jam, sugar sprinkled over cereal is not harmful at all (in moderation!) It is the artificial sweeteners which are used in it's place in almost everything that are the real killers. Things like soda, candy, etc are soooo bad for you and you ingest so much artificial additives that our bodies do not know how to break down. For most people, simply cutting out soda and sugary snacks from their diet (or at least to only a few per week) see's massive health benefits such as weight loss, increased energy, and better sleep.

Loved sugar all my life. Would sneak a spoonful out of the sugar bowl just to eat. At ten y.o. a cup of tea required five lumps.

Later on I became a cookie monster. Big bag of Oreos might be gone in 6 minutes, not exaggerating!

I've always been in decent shape, at most 15 pounds over and usually less (6' 1" frame). My father when old, had mild Type II.

Six years ago at 64, diagnosed with Type II, lost 15 pounds, cutting out sugar and most starchy snacks (bag of chips at a sitting). With mild medicine and exercise I'm only just low enough on A1C. I will struggle the rest of my life. But I don't think, if I could go back, I would give up one Cookie!

But be warned Jacks, if this is a sneaky way to start selling a beets only diet or something similar, the Praetorians will be glad to supervise you crucifixion.

Back
Top Bottom