The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Very nice photos, esp. #2 :)
It's interesting they're so much later than ours, which are going over now - daffodils taking their place.
I happened to talk with a person who's an expert, he grows all the different species and literally hundreds of different varieties -
he reckons snowdrops (of the same species and variety) flower at the same time irrespective of weather conditions, soil temperature, light levels etc.(the things that trigger most spring bulbs). The variable must be the time the bulb starts into growth back in the autumn, and that seems to be genetically programmed. So your population has perhaps evolved to keep time with the (average) length of your winter and snow-cover.

Very nice photos, esp. #2 :)
It's interesting they're so much later than ours, which are going over now - daffodils taking their place.
I happened to talk with a person who's an expert, he grows all the different species and literally hundreds of different varieties -
he reckons snowdrops (of the same species and variety) flower at the same time irrespective of weather conditions, soil temperature, light levels etc.(the things that trigger most spring bulbs). The variable must be the time the bulb starts into growth back in the autumn, and that seems to be genetically programmed. So your population has perhaps evolved to keep time with the (average) length of your winter and snow-cover.
We life more under the influence of continental weather. To scotland bring the gulf strom earlier wet and warm air.
And in the summer, he lost over scotland the rain and germany have more sunshine.
;)

That's right, especially where I am, the mildest part of Scotland - cool and wet in winter, cool and wet in summer,
the only difference is the days are so short in winter, lovely long evenings and light nights in summer.
But in my little garden I manage to have something in flower every month of the year. Lots of daffodils and crocuses now.

But in my little garden I manage to have something in flower every month of the year. Lots of daffodils and crocuses now.
Oh, my phantasies....
depositphotos_29898839-stock-photo-nude-woman-with-watering-can.jpg

That's a cute little song based on a tune by (I think) Australian Percy Grainger.
But that video goes off the rails ornithologically - those are American birds,
not ones you're at all likely to see in an English garden - not even that kind of a robin! :p

Back
Top Bottom