The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Interesting report out today from the Vatican concerning priests sexually abusing nuns. It would be nice to make a movie about that. Of course, it would have to be spiced up a bit. The nuns would have to be gorgeous and there would have to be frequent use of the whip. There is a whole genre of nunsploitation films. One has to wonder if the priests watched those in their spare time to prepare for their own nun abuse.

I have read some strange nearly similar stories this week.

One scholar has claimed that Christ may have ressurected, because actually, he was not dead yet when they took him down from the cross. Just a deep coma or so. He recovered from it when lying in the grave.

Another one explains the mystery why Aleaxander The Great's body took more than a week before starting to decompose. Because at the time he was declared dead, he may not have been dead - yet.

Quality control seems to have been no issue, those times, neither for doctors, nor for Grim Reaper.:eek:

Interesting report out today from the Vatican concerning priests sexually abusing nuns. It would be nice to make a movie about that. Of course, it would have to be spiced up a bit. The nuns would have to be gorgeous and there would have to be frequent use of the whip. There is a whole genre of nunsploitation films. One has to wonder if the priests watched those in their spare time to prepare for their own nun abuse.
In the small New England town that I grew up in, there was a Nunnery. (Excuse me for using such a word. It shows my ignorance of the Catholic faith) The young men in town were often heard joking about the Nunnery as if it was some kind of house of ill repute. I , of course, don't have first hand knowledge of that. There were stories of shenanagins going on between the priests and nuns. That was before the church was exposed for having child molestation. The sick point I am callously trying to make is that in a cloistered society such as it was, who really knows the truth ? A fictional story of the goings on would undoubtedly raise an eyebrow or two and make for some exciting reading. After all, from what I have seen on the seamy side of the internet, if there is a hell there must be a chamber reserved for me and many of my cherished friends.

In the small New England town that I grew up in, there was a Nunnery. (Excuse me for using such a word. It shows my ignorance of the Catholic faith) The young men in town were often heard joking about the Nunnery as if it was some kind of house of ill repute. I , of course, don't have first hand knowledge of that. There were stories of shenanagins going on between the priests and nuns. That was before the church was exposed for having child molestation. The sick point I am callously trying to make is that in a cloistered society such as it was, who really knows the truth ? A fictional story of the goings on would undoubtedly raise an eyebrow or two and make for some exciting reading. After all, from what I have seen on the seamy side of the internet, if there is a hell there must be a chamber reserved for me and many of my cherished friends.
Bothe Nunnery and Convent were used, so you weren't wrong.
I cannot speak for all priest, nuns and religious, but from my personal experience, all that I have come into contact with have been people of integrity. That is all I can say.

So who is watching the Bathurst race tomorrow???

Are you talking about Mount Panorama, Tree? I'm not into motor sports, but I'm impressed that you know of it.

The big race is in October, the Bathurst 1000. Even I've heard of that :)
2018VASCR13_DKIMG2406-1800x1200.jpg2019-Bathurst-1000-Packages.jpg

Punxsutawney Phil delivered good news on Groundhog Day morning, failing to see his shadow and thus predicting an early spring is on its way, according to local lore.

Phil explained that he based his prediction on lack of a shadow plus global warming caused by Donald Trump!

2019-02-02t093531z_1776758024_rc1e83d01500_rtrmadp_3_usa-groundhogday_e35211fc4b035ac5ae623cb0...jpg

Punxsutawney Phil delivered good news on Groundhog Day morning, failing to see his shadow and thus predicting an early spring is on its way, according to local lore.

Phil explained that he based his prediction on lack of a shadow plus global warming caused by Donald Trump!

View attachment 668522
I dunno, it looks like it's still nighttime in that picture, so how in hell is he supposed to see anything?

Are you talking about Mount Panorama, Tree? I'm not into motor sports, but I'm impressed that you know of it.

The big race is in October, the Bathurst 1000. Even I've heard of that :)
View attachment 668468View attachment 668469
The 12 Hour race is today (there) I think... In my younger days I did corner work and crash clean up. I have always liked cars and racing...

When Hamlet tells Ophelia, "Get thee to a nunnery!", he's using a phrase that even in Shakespeare's day had connotations of that kind -
it can be understood in different ways, none of them complimentary to women in general, or nuns in particular!

When Hamlet tells Ophelia, "Get thee to a nunnery!", he's using a phrase that even in Shakespeare's day had connotations of that kind -
it can be understood in different ways, none of them complimentary to women in general, or nuns in particular!
I didn't mean to pass judgement on the nuns, but when you live in a cloistered, closed society you bring speculation on yourself. It really would make an interesting fictional story.

Back
Top Bottom