The Elixir Of T'mor

Go to CruxDreams.com
Firstly, uniquely among the religions of the galaxy, the Temple of Alph made no demands whatsoever upon the worshippers. It required no money from them, nor any commitment to attend. No duty rotas, nobody to hand out hymn books or do the flowers, it didn’t even require anyone to believe anything.

I'm willing to make a sincere effort to suspend disbelief, but that is a bridge too far...

Well Wragg, if taking a drop of elixir gets you writing delicious fantasies about Alph
(the sacred river ran/ through caverns measureless to man...),
I hope you won't be interrupted by a Person from Porlock ;)

so I'm awa, hiding under another of my Aliases? ;)

Last edited:
Messa Aline and Barb Aria ????? :rolleyes:

View attachment 520881 Now that was damn convenient. Question is: did Wragg have that worked out before he started writing this tale, or was it just serendipitous? He probably is not telling either way. Stop prattling on about Eul and ultimate destinies and bring on the elixir will ya? Geeze

xM_01.jpg Mmmmm ! Messa Aline is rather flattered for having been selected like a priestess of this temple : she always was dreaming to be a "Vestale" in ancient Rome ...:rolleyes:

But, say me : is this elixir is looking like this ? brbon_sea24.jpg ...
...or like that ? ANJOU-les-subileaux2.jpg :D

Anyway, Messa Aline doesn't need of any elixir for her libido ... :D:rolleyes:

did Wragg have that worked out before he started writing this tale
After he had a drop of elexir.
'housewives routinely use Coca Cola to clean round toilet bowls' :p
Of course they don't use the precious elexir for that.
GoldenToilet.jpg That's something only Maxwell Erjan Rhodes can afford.
But, say me : is this elixir is looking like this ? View attachment 520945 ...
...or like that ? View attachment 520946 :D
No, rather like this: Elixir-D’-Anvers-Gerard-Portielje-1906.jpg 895639.jpg Elixir_dAnvers_Affiche_Detail_Belle_Epoque.jpg

Anyway, Messa Aline doesn't need of any elixir for her libido ... :D:rolleyes:
Maybe one of the ingredients is Messa juice.

4. Fact file: Religion in the Galactic Civilisation

Religion, across the galaxy, was surprisingly common. Sentient beings rapidly became aware that a) shit happens, b) shit happening seemed to be entirely outside anyone’s control, c) therefore it must be under the control of some Greater Being, and d) if I am nice to that Greater Being, and tell him How Great He Art, maybe He’ll let the shit happen to someone else.

As far as can be determined, the first beings to master Interstellar travel were the Inchmore, who came from a little planet orbiting Mu Cygnii, a binary star in the constellation of Cygnus. (Binary star civilisations tended to be less religious anyway because it was patently obvious from the dawn of thought that the home planet was not the centre of the universe.) These weren’t especially religious, once you’ve figured out interstellar travel a lot of the big questions that drive so many species into whatever position suits them best for worship seem less important. In their early efforts at space travel, due to the time dilation effect those that travelled seemed to those left behind to live such impossibly long lives that the concept of ‘eternity’ ceased to have much meaning.

As we shall see, in due course they cracked some of the problems of interstellar travel, and then they really got about a bit. And, as they travelled, they found some seriously odd religious concepts. Most religion seemed to be about trying to arrange matters so that shit didn’t happen to you, and about ensuring that what happened after your life systems had finally ceased operating was as pleasant as could possibly be arranged. Most involved some kind of ritual that involved being quite uncomfortable for a while, during which time someone told you how to be a better being and hence avoid shit happening to you, or at least to live forever surrounded by whatever made you the happiest. This ranged from stechiosaur dung (Rigel 7) through daffodils (Spring 4), winged naked female bipeds of the homo sapiens genus (Sol 3), to Elixir (T’mor, and many other places).

Speaking of Sol 3, they found there beings that actually attempted to inflict shit on other beings that disagreed with their religion. This rather put the Inchmore off religion, but happily the habits of Earth seemed unique to the place.

Over the millennia, religion tended to die out among the spacefarers. Apart from anything else, on an interstellar voyage it gets a bit hard to figure out which day is Sunday. And space travel is boring enough without having to sit down and listen to a sermon at monotonously regular intervals. Even during modern space travel using the portals in and out of blank space you still have to get to and from the portals. Tedious. In space, no-one can hear you snore.

But those who remained planet-bound kept up their quirky little practices. On Alula Australis 2 they believed that God took the form of a rather large flying insect in order to communicate with Its subjects, and their worship services involved the consumption of a considerable amount of intoxicating liquor while the worshippers buzzed as loudly as possible in order to call It down to them. (In two thousand stellar cycles It never came but they still had a good time.)

The Rigellians had a kind of ‘if you can’t beat it, worship it’ attitude to religion, fairly pragmatic, when you think about it. So, instead of worrying about shit, they actually worshipped the shit of the Stechiosaur, a material that was almost as valuable as elixir itself given that the priests sent to fetch it were as likely to end up forming the ingredients of the shit as to actually bringing it home. The stechiosaur, for his part, believed that Rigellian priests were a delicacy sent by providence to make him very happy indeed. As a religion, it wasn’t the best, but it was all they had on Rigel 7.

They discovered an entire planet named ‘Wales’, which had developed entirely separately from a small country of the same name on Sol 3. Here, once you had figured out what was easily the most complex language in the galaxy, you found that they believed that God was represented in Wales by a being known as The Dark Princess of Slaanesh, and they really weren’t fussed about shit happening to themselves or anyone else, as long as they could sing polyphonic harmonies about the Dark Princess (translated as ‘Guide me O Princess of Darkness’) or about kicking queer shaped balls over H shaped posts. The Inchmore were so taken with the similarities between the planet Wales and the country Wales that even they began to seriously wonder if there might actually be a god, and that the Dark Princess was her. She was far more responsive than most gods, the simple phrase "Oh @Darkprincess69 hear us!" seemed to get a response!

On Titawin they had no idea what God looked like, but took the existence of the Empress’s breasts as ample evidence of His Creative Power, so they worshipped them with a high degree of intensity and fervour.

But nowhere throughout the galaxy was religion as popular as it was on T’mor. The waiting list to attend one of the worship services at the Temple of Alph and Beth stretched to many years, and people would travel the length of the galaxy to attend.

And that, of course, was due to the Elixir of T’mor. Well, and to the priestesses, of course.

Binary star civilisations tended to be less religious anyway because it was patently obvious from the dawn of thought that the home planet was not the centre of the universe.
Scientific Notice : in reality planets of binary (or multiple) star systems have much less chance to host endemic life, because of the more extreme range of environmental conditions. This practically rules out all binary and multiple stars for ever developing endemic life, leave advanced civilisation. Since there are a lot of such stars in the universe, it drastically diminshes the numbers of plates where life is possible).:)

They discovered an entire planet named ‘Wales’, which had developed entirely separately from a small country of the same name on Sol 3. Here, once you had figured out what was easily the most complex language in the galaxy, you found that they believed that God was represented in Wales by a being known as The Dark Princess of Slaanesh, and they really weren’t fussed about shit happening to themselves or anyone else, as long as they could sing polyphonic harmonies about the Dark Princess (translated as ‘Guide me O Princess of Darkness’) or about kicking queer shaped balls over H shaped posts. The Inchmore were so taken with the similarities between the planet Wales and the country Wales that even they began to seriously wonder if there might actually be a god, and that the Dark Princess was her. She was far more responsive than most gods, the simple phrase "Oh @Darkprincess69 hear us!" seemed to get a response!

But on planet Wales they clearly don't give a damn about endemic life on planets of binary systems. Why bother, when it is all about avoiding to have your face dragged through the mud ('shit happens') when it comes to catching that queer shaped ball, actually the real centre of the universe for the people on planet Wales.:eek::confused:

they could sing polyphonic harmonies about the Dark Princess (translated as ‘Guide me O Princess of Darkness’)
Another much loved of male-voiced polyphonists emerging from the bowels of the earth
(where Welsh men used to spend long happy hours, till they were stopped by the machinations
of an evil Darker Princess):

Paham mae dicter, Tywysoges,
Yn llenwi'th lygaid duon di?
A'th dethau feddal, Tywysoges,
Heb chwydd wrth fy ngweled i?
Pa le mae'r lleithder ar dy wefus
Fu'n chwaeth fy’nghariad ffyddlon ffôl?
Pa le mae sain dy flangell felys,
Fu'n denu'n gorff noeth ar dy ôl?

Why so much anger, Oh Dark Princess,
That’s filling your dark eyes
And your soft nipples, Oh Dark Princess,
Show no tumescence seeing me?
Where now the moisture on your lips
That tasted my mad, faithful love?
Where now the sound of your sweet scourge,
That drew my bare flesh after you?

For those unfamiliar, the originals of 'Guide me O Thou...' and 'Myfanwy/ Tywysoges'

Scientific Notice : in reality planets of binary (or multiple) star systems have much less chance to host endemic life, because of the more extreme range of environmental conditions. This practically rules out all binary and multiple stars for ever developing endemic life, leave advanced civilisation. Since there are a lot of such stars in the universe, it drastically diminshes the numbers of plates where life is possible).:)

True :(

spwg3480.jpg

But wouldn't it look great! :)

Paham mae dicter, Tywysoges,
Yn llenwi'th lygaid duon di?
A'th dethau feddal, Tywysoges,
Heb chwydd wrth fy ngweled i?
Pa le mae'r lleithder ar dy wefus
Fu'n chwaeth fy’nghariad ffyddlon ffôl?
Pa le mae sain dy flangell felys,
Fu'n denu'n gorff noeth ar dy ôl?
Did I mention complex language? :rolleyes: :confused:

Why so much anger, Oh Dark Princess,
That’s filling your dark eyes
And your soft nipples, Oh Dark Princess,
Show no tumescence seeing me?
Where now the moisture on your lips
That tasted my mad, faithful love?
Where now the sound of your sweet scourge,
That drew my bare flesh after you?

But of course, Eul has mastered it! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Back
Top Bottom