The Lesser Known Adventures of Tintin

Go to CruxDreams.com
Good grief Jolly you've opened a can of worms there!

tintinth.jpg80368 - Bianca_Castafiore Captain_Haddock Lake_of_Sharks Noushka Nushka Roberto_Rastapopoulos ...jpg125348745_o.jpgtintin-gay.pnga0ea6ca6fb4e7f0622a96ae85b1a3bdc--manga-art-tintin.jpgjan-bucquoy00.jpgf546013788.jpg1541102721_28977aabuseku01.jpg798033_blowtoons_xxx-tintin.jpghaddock-fucks-tintin_by-randy.jpg

The character of Tin-Tin, that made Hergé famous, was originally some kind of an ideal depiction of himself.

However, during the second world war, he published comics in a newspaper 'stolen' by the German occupation. This brought him into trouble, although, finally, his case got closed. Yet the stress of the troubles, and the disillusions (he was temporaly banned from working, and some friends of him got condemned as collaborators), followed by marital problems, changed him completely. He had extramarital affairs, breaking up his marriage for a young employee but he deeply struggled with feelings of guilt towards his first wife he had abandoned.

So, he mentally 'separated' from the character of Tin-Tin, and identified himself more and more with the character of Captain Haddock, which he had put 'on retirement' in the castle of Moulinsart, spending his days doing nothing, and being no more bothered about anything. This setting made him create his masterpiece, one of the best comic stories ever made (to my opinion), 'The Castafiore Emerald' (1961). A story, wherein really 'nothing' happens, but which is so brilliantly told, no one notices.

At the end of his life, he stipulated that Tin-Tin would not be continued after his death. The last story, 'Tin-Tin and Alph-Art', was posthumously published in its unfinished state.

Hergé died today 37 years ago, on March 3rd 1983, aged 75.

On DeviantArt I have seen some pictures of TinTin and friends on a slave galley with naked girls. I will see if I can find it.

"TinTin in the Congo" was the second published story, and little seen today because of all the racism. The Belgian Congo was by far the worst treated colonial territory by far, which makes a comedy in poor taste.

On DeviantArt I have seen some pictures of TinTin and friends on a slave galley with naked girls. I will see if I can find it.

"TinTin in the Congo" was the second published story, and little seen today because of all the racism. The Belgian Congo was by far the worst treated colonial territory by far, which makes a comedy in poor taste.

I have both Tintin in the Congo and The Blue Lotus in my collection, as well as the very rough early Tintin in the Land of the Soviets. There are no crucifixions in any of them.

I don't think Hergé would really appreciate the deviations that are made with his characters.
Being Belgian and "tintinnophile" I also prefer to keep in mind the original images of Tintin who rocked my youth.
tintin1.jpgtintin2.jpgtintin3.jpgtintin4.pngtintin5.jpgtintin6.jpgtintin7.jpgBelgium has a boundless admiration for Hergé's work and numerous frescoes prove it!

Back
Top Bottom