The Lotus Smiles

Go to CruxDreams.com
I was quoting RR, Admi, he said Odin had Tree time to gain wisdom.

Well, I gain much wisdom from Tree, how to sharpen nails, how to treat a lady, but I'm not sure that's what Odin got from it!
Tree does not understand 'wisdom' and 'Tree' in the same sentence nor does his computer...

Tree

...can you fix it, Ulrika???

Episode 23 the last tree before the desert

“Well we are here, as you can see we planted many trees but not all of them have survived the harsh climate,” Lord Ming gestured grandly as if giving a tour, Messaline and Doretja just focused on trying to rub life back into numb limbs and aching backs. There seemed as many dead trunks as live ones but slowly the wood seemed to be winning in its battle against the desert here. Would that Paskai could say the same.

“Nothing to say?” Ming seemed annoyed, “Well if I shall not here you speak then I shall hear you scream, you shall pay the price for preferring your perverted licentious wantons to my talented and gifted and manly son. Soldier take these too, bind them together and then fetch whips, I want their backs raw.”

Neither of the women spoke as they were grabbed roughly. They tried to shake off their assailants but tired and stiff, dehydrated and sun burned they lacked more than token resistance. Coarse ropes were brought, wound about then and knotted tight by the soldiers who made jests about the ripe but seared flesh they were mishandling so. The found themselves bound face to face, breasts to breasts, not quite suspended on their toe tips from the limb of one of the more robust trees.

“Be strong good friend,” Whispered Paskai as the whips were brought.

“I will try for you My Empress,” Replied Doretja.

A whip whistled in a loud circle through the air overhead, once, twice, three times without striking. Then it descended like and snake, coiling about the women and biting at back and ribs. Then the rain of blows from all sides descended and the women screamed. Their cries mounted up to the heavens and called forth the desert wind, soft but full of harsh biting sand and the smell of dust, acrid and throat scratching.

83 The Lotus Smiles.jpg

The shock of some impacts shivered through the flesh, other tongues of leather left fiery kisses across the skin that burst forth new pain with each additional strike. Blows arrived with no rhyme nor rhythm, sometimes two or three at once, some moments a brief respite, sometimes space out one at a time.

paskaidoretjabreasts.gif

The women danced awkwardly, their feet catching the roots of the tree and each other as they spun on the dangling string, born on lashing waves of leather across a sea of pain. They quivered and cried, they screamed and shrieked but always they looked again into each other’s eyes and swore again the silent vow of defiance.

At last after seeming ages the Lord Ming tired of this sport.

“Have done with it, lash them to those trees, that one there for the bed wench, that last one before the sands for her wanton of a mistress,” The Lord Ming pointed to his desired marks and his soldiers set about creating the living scare crows.

85 The Lotus Smiles.png 86 The Lotus Smiles.jpg

And now dear reader we hear the true voice of Paskai in her tell, in her own words.

Oh, what a pity ! The sun is starting to raise, but I think that ii will be the last day for us !

I’m looking at Doretja : she seems lost in her dream, a suffering dream …

We are so much thirty ! The night was a little colder, but the sun will soon burn us , we will be

desiccated and it will be the end ….

Poor Doretja, why have I conducted her into this adventure ? I’m the only responsible of her death !

Why have I let Venice to come in this country ! At the start, I didn’t want but it was the wish of Grand-ma ! Li’Hi and Jade Shadow were obliged to obey , but I could get away and disappear from Venice …

Have I not this same desire, in fact, to become the new empress of China ?

It’s finished now, the dream is getting out and only the crows will remember us !

I only hope that LittleFox could carry my pretty Mulau in safety and that she could have a nice life …

Mulau ! Where are you ?

Mmmmmm …. What a suffering, my arms tied appart, the cuts of the whip’lashes constantly reopened by the robbing against the wood !

What am I seing in the sky ? A vulture….. already ?

Oh, No, it’s an eagle !.....”

87 The Lotus Smiles.jpg

Paskai was not entirely sure that being eaten by an eagle would be any better that crows or vultures, rather she feared that instead unlike the other birds it might not be willing to wait so long as to make sure she was safely dead before tucking in. So focused was she in her pain and her apprehension that it took a long moment to resolve the approaching shimmers into real figures that cast shadows and then the figures into riders. Riders who moreover were led by a woman, a very familiar women with a very familiar saucy quirk to her lips

LittleFox Said, "Hum, it seems that you have got into some problems my sisters? Fortunately, your eagle has a very good sight!"

88 The Lotus Smiles.jpg

And at last dear reader we reach journey's end

XuanYuanSword_Scar_of_the_Sky_02_Screenshot022 (2).jpg Hum, damned LittleFox ! You're the best ! But hurry up to deliver us before that we will become as dry as these trees !!!

XuanYuanSword_Scar_of_the_Sky_02_Screenshot041 (2).jpg ... and you, my squirrel ! You want my death ! It makes no doubt !
But you dont know Paskaï : she will yet astonish you ....... I hope .........;)

Paskai was not entirely sure that being eaten by an eagle would be any better that crows or vultures, rather she feared that instead unlike the other birds it might not be willing to wait so long as to make sure she was safely dead before tucking in.
I think an eagle, like most birds of prey,
would want to carry her off to his eyrie, or some place where he can tear her to pieces undisturbed.
An eagle would probably make short work of tearing her out of her bondage.
Scavengers - kites, buzzards, vultures, crows - would eat her where she's tied.
None of them would be bothered whether she was still alive, so long as she was helpless...

Great story! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Epilogue

Life among the Fox Clan of the Plains was hard but at times beautiful. The seasons could be harsh but for those with the skill and the fortitude they did provide. The winds would blow chill, the winds would blow hot but sometimes they blew softly and carried whispers of distant places, places that had civilisation.

Paskai stood at the mouth of her tent and watch Mu Lau now a growing girl fast approaching womanhood. She was learning the ways of a warrior and rider and certain rough set of trade skills and diplomacy but she liked the graces of a more cultured life, she was in short in danger of turning into a wild barbarian and this displeased Paskai.

Oh Paskai had reached too high in her folly but even here among the Fox Clan they recognised nobility. Little Fox was little no longer, she was the She Fox and ruled through a husband imported from the Bear Clan whose normally rode to the North. Great Fox knew to obey his wife in all things and so for the first time in a generation Clan politics were settled. This suited She Fox.

Paskai recognised that it had taken some skill to balance all the factions within the Clan and its most common neighbours. However as she gazed around the yurt tents, the horses and the cattle, the rough little boys and girls, the gently singing women, the warriors, mostly men but a few of the stronger more fiery women among them Paskai shook her head.

This was not civilisation, this was not high culture. This was not her long forsaken Venice. That lovely city, more the sea than of the land perched as it was on its lagoon. Yet the life blood of Italy flowed through it and Germans, Slovenes, Albanians and Serbs recognised its ascendency and even distant Poles and Frenchmen knew its worth.

The City of Saint Mark was calling and Paskai was slowly but steadily resolving to heed its call.

“I will come with you My Mistress,” Doretja spoke up behind her and Paskai turned.

89 The Lotus Smiles.jpg

“Yet hear you are accounted a noblewoman, I doubt the Venetians will greet you so, they may not even recall me, the House of Polo may have been ruined or risen but it will certainly be a struggle to make them remember me,” Paskai warned.

“I pledged my heart to yours Paskai and I meant it, when you go west I shall follow,” Doretja promised.

“I thank you, though I am not sure Mu Lau will thank me, not at first, she has grown wild, the journey will hone that and then we shall have to tame her,” Paskai watched her girl vault a horse, turning a summersault to the laughing appreciation of boys of an age she had better be keeping at arm’s length if she did not wish to fetch up pregnant, yes it was time to go west, to go, to Venice.

90 The Lotus Smiles.jpg

Finis​

FINIS ! 2_Xuan_Yuan_Sword_Scar_of_the_Sky_Yu-er_Cecilia_Liu_Shi_Shi_013.jpg Alas !

XuanYuanSword_Scar_of_the_Sky_02_Screenshot007 (2).jpg ... but I'm sure that you will not forget me and that on September, we could present here the following of my adventures with my daughter Mulau in Venice and perhaps somewhere else ....

In waiting, Messa needs of a good rest ......... at the beach (secret beach, to be quiet : I know you , greedy members ...:devil:)

nude_on_back_at__9485.jpg

tumblr_mde5z6eNTp1r9u2wzo1_500.gif gif .... Bye ! Bye ! Messaline ...

Back
Top Bottom