The Moment of Impact

Go to CruxDreams.com
A few from my collection. Unfortunately, I don't have the artist names for most of these. #3 is, of course, our own Madiosi. #4 is Noone.

View attachment 1472178 View attachment 1472181 View attachment 1472190 View attachment 1472185 View attachment 1472186
The first picture in this set is from Le Marquis De La Croix, a film directed by Amy, where Mila plays the central role.

After the nailing she's raised up

LeMarquisTeaseCaps01124311-1024x576.jpg

Her feet are nailed too.

LeMarquisTeaseCaps01143409-1024x576.jpg

The moment of impact when her feet are nailed to a block.

LeMarquisTeaseCaps01145407-1024x576.jpg

Not a traditional cross in this particular film, but the agony of the cross is just as terrible or more.

LeMarquisTeaseCaps01183717-1024x576.jpg

From 'Crucifixa'

Nor did I struggle –
well, not much –
as they set me shuddering on the shaft,
stretched out slim arms –

so slim, so stretched now,
straining, they’re forced to bear
my body’s weight -
They strapped me down,
showed me the iron nails,
the heavy hammer,
grinning …

Ah! How we squeal,
vixens on heat, fillies in season,
girls, when we’re crucified!

https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/crucifixa.1463/
That link isn’t working but I think I found the thread and resources

Crucifixa thread

A few from my collection. Unfortunately, I don't have the artist names for most of these. #3 is, of course, our own Madiosi. #4 is Noone.

View attachment 1472178 View attachment 1472181 View attachment 1472190 View attachment 1472185 View attachment 1472186
I see @Margot has supplied the answer re #1, #2 I don't know either, and #5 isn't by @phlebas but he did show it as a picture on an art gallery wall in a manip of his. The original goes back to Foundation days, I think.

But you completely understand the importance of the moment:

AppianWay2-3.jpgJollyrei Crucifixion1-JollyDore-2d-col-mod1 posting size.jpg

Brilliant!

Here's a fairly well-known one called 'Ayah_crucification' (sic) by Chanur

ayah___crucification_03_by_chanur56-d98t9r4.jpg

Turning to drawings, here's an example from a set called 'The Believer' by @Andyman

080.jpg

And one from @ruoliuming from a set called 'Fairness in Rome':

Fairness in Rome 2.jpg

Wonder set of pictures (the whole thread!). One forgets the defiance some show right before the first nail enters their body.
View attachment 1472369
For many it is the most shocking pain they had ever felt.
View attachment 1472372
Of course, the bravado disappears as the nails are driven in.
View attachment 1472374
But being nailed to the cross is only part of their crucifixion. They have to raised to hang from their cross.
View attachment 1472370
And then suffer the hours of pain as they hang between the spikes. The abuse from the crowd is terrible but the only thing she can do about is is die...
View attachment 1472373
Tree never shies away from evocative descriptions and illustrations of the moment in his stories. If there's oe thing I love, it's a Tree Crux story! :)

Back in 2018 @Barbaria1 and I collaborated on an illustrated story called 'Dux Rebellium' (Rebel Leader - her CF title) where her alto ego Caprice was manipped into Crux poses and which also featured (pic 4) me! As of course, the bad guy... :doh:

It was one of my earliest attempts at a manipped illustrated story, and @kendelo used one of the images as his avatar until recently. The whole thing can be seen here:

https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/resources/dux-rebellium-by-wragg-barbaria.642/

The first picture in this set is from Le Marquis De La Croix, a film directed by Amy, where Mila plays the central role.

After the nailing she's raised up

LeMarquisTeaseCaps01124311-1024x576.jpg

Her feet are nailed too.

LeMarquisTeaseCaps01143409-1024x576.jpg

The moment of impact when her feet are nailed to a block.

LeMarquisTeaseCaps01145407-1024x576.jpg

Not a traditional cross in this particular film, but the agony of the cross is just as terrible or more.

LeMarquisTeaseCaps01183717-1024x576.jpg
Thank you, @Margot! :)

Here are two short excerpts about the 'first nail' from the stories 'The Scapegoat' and 'Aelia, the Rebel Queen' by King Diocletian - supplemented by a suitable image. The full stories can be found here in the archive and as a thread :)

The Scapegoat

The crowd, realising what was to come, even if few of them could see it, fell silent. The hammer was raised, and then crashed down. There was a metallic click as it struck the head of the nail, and Katerina bucked, her pelvis thrusting up. This, the sheriff knew, was what Caius had wanted. After a brief pause, as though it took time for her brain to process the information, there came a horrified, high-pitch scream. Her head had slipped from Caius’s grasp, but as she shuddered, he seized her again, and forced her to look along her arm at the nail that had penetrated half an inch or so into her wrist. The hammered landed again, and her whimpering broke into another howl. Her head again snapped out of Caius’s hand, but this time he didn’t bother to take hold of it again, instead letting his hands fall to her breasts, fondling them and making little secret of his pleasure as she spasmed beneath him.

The first Nail.jpg

Aelia, the Rebel Queen

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.
Aelia looked along her arm, bound to the cross. She wanted to close her eyes, but she couldn't not look. The nail was pushed against her wrist. The carnifex touched the head with his hammer, raised it, and in a blur brought it down. The pain was instantaneous. A flash of white agony burned through her. Her head snapped clear of the soldier's hand. Her back arched and her stomach pushed against his weight. His hands suddenly were on her breasts pushing her down. She was shrieking, mad, short bursts as her tensed body refused to take in air. She heard the chink of the hammer on the nail again, felt the reverberation along her arm, felt a new burst of pain. She'd banged her head on the beam and she could feel fresh damp where the wounds in her scalp had been reopened. The hammered came down again. She bucked and retched, awful animalistic sounds rasping from her throat and when her eyes opened again, she saw him, the soldier, grinning.

Two more blows and it was done, her left wrist pinned forever to the wood. She looked disbelievingly along the wood to her hand, hooked into a claw, the head of the nail protruding. The pain was like nothing she'd ever felt. She was shaking. She mustn't cry, yet it seemed as though she had no control. Pain was in charge of her body now. She felt the fingers circling her nipples again, the endless taunting and she felt anger. Anger might get her through. She clenched her teeth. Her breathing was so hard that she was blowing out small gobbets of spittle. She could feel them landing on her face. Should she spit on him? But even as she thought that, she felt the second nail pushed against her right wrist, and all thoughts of bravery or resistance disappeared.

Here are two short excerpts about the 'first nail' from the stories 'The Scapegoat' and 'Aelia, the Rebel Queen' by King Diocletian - supplemented by a suitable image. The full stories can be found here in the archive and as a thread :)

The Scapegoat

The crowd, realising what was to come, even if few of them could see it, fell silent. The hammer was raised, and then crashed down. There was a metallic click as it struck the head of the nail, and Katerina bucked, her pelvis thrusting up. This, the sheriff knew, was what Caius had wanted. After a brief pause, as though it took time for her brain to process the information, there came a horrified, high-pitch scream. Her head had slipped from Caius’s grasp, but as she shuddered, he seized her again, and forced her to look along her arm at the nail that had penetrated half an inch or so into her wrist. The hammered landed again, and her whimpering broke into another howl. Her head again snapped out of Caius’s hand, but this time he didn’t bother to take hold of it again, instead letting his hands fall to her breasts, fondling them and making little secret of his pleasure as she spasmed beneath him.

View attachment 1472556

Aelia, the Rebel Queen

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.
Aelia looked along her arm, bound to the cross. She wanted to close her eyes, but she couldn't not look. The nail was pushed against her wrist. The carnifex touched the head with his hammer, raised it, and in a blur brought it down. The pain was instantaneous. A flash of white agony burned through her. Her head snapped clear of the soldier's hand. Her back arched and her stomach pushed against his weight. His hands suddenly were on her breasts pushing her down. She was shrieking, mad, short bursts as her tensed body refused to take in air. She heard the chink of the hammer on the nail again, felt the reverberation along her arm, felt a new burst of pain. She'd banged her head on the beam and she could feel fresh damp where the wounds in her scalp had been reopened. The hammered came down again. She bucked and retched, awful animalistic sounds rasping from her throat and when her eyes opened again, she saw him, the soldier, grinning.

Two more blows and it was done, her left wrist pinned forever to the wood. She looked disbelievingly along the wood to her hand, hooked into a claw, the head of the nail protruding. The pain was like nothing she'd ever felt. She was shaking. She mustn't cry, yet it seemed as though she had no control. Pain was in charge of her body now. She felt the fingers circling her nipples again, the endless taunting and she felt anger. Anger might get her through. She clenched her teeth. Her breathing was so hard that she was blowing out small gobbets of spittle. She could feel them landing on her face. Should she spit on him? But even as she thought that, she felt the second nail pushed against her right wrist, and all thoughts of bravery or resistance disappeared.
Wow!

You're right, @Rupert_137, it's an incredibly difficult moment to describe in a story, too! :eek:

But you've done it with panache, here! Thank you!

:goodjob:

My own attempt to describe the horrific event...

The first Nail, the first Impact

Aria's arms are tied wide out to the crossbar, strong hands grab her hands and press them onto the wood, someone presses her shoulders onto the wooden beam below, supported by his entire body weight.

She lies spread out on the floor, completely naked. But fear pushes away her shame when she sees the mighty hammer and the long nails in the hands of a man who approaches her. She tugs on the ropes, but they hold her well and securely. Someone presses her left forearm onto the wood, another grabs her fingers, opens her left hand and pushes her fingers with a lot of strength onto the wood.

She gasps, she struggles – in vain. A wooden disc is pressed onto her wrist. Aria first feels the tip of the nail on her skin, then it digs into her tender joint. She is consumed by fear, she closes her eyes and holds her breath.

The heavy hammer whizzes down, metal hits metal and rings brightly, the wood trembles dully. Aria feels the nail instantly shatter her wrist. Ligaments and tendons tear, bones splinter.

Moments later, an indescribably intense pain flashes through her like lightning. Reflexively she writhes, then gasps for air and moans, only a little later her shrill screams echo across the square...

Shock and pain flood through her body. The back of her head hits dully against the post, every muscle tenses, her chest pushes out, her hips push up and her thighs part before she slumps back.

Aria involuntarily pulls her hand back, but it is inescapably nailed to the wood. She immediately flinches because every little movement causes severe pain. Her eyes wide open, she stares at her wrist, pierced by the nail like a skewer. Pain and tears cloud her senses, the image in front of her eyes begins to blur.

The first Nail (2).jpg

The mighty hammer falls again and causes her pain to explode again. Gasps, groans, shrill screams, clear-sounding hammer blows and dull trembling of the wood alternate until the nail is driven deep into the wood and a perforated wooden plate presses her wrist firmly against the crossbar.

Panicked fear grips Aria and excruciating pain floods her body as she writhes almost erotically on the floor for those watching. Her distorted face betrays the terrible suffering, her frantic breathing causes her breasts to rise and fall, attracting the attention of the men who look at her mindfully. But that's just the beginning, three more nails are to follow and she will be lifted up to hang on the cross...

Last edited:
I'm amazed by the number of quality illustrations of the moment appearing here.

Jedakk (now retired - and I hope he's enjoying it because he deserves to) produced some wonderful images in his Sabina series:

Sabina Wrist 1.jpg Sabina wrist 2.jpg Sabina wrist 3.jpg

It would be interesting to know the first blow to the feet
I must look - I'm sure there are some where the feet are nailed first. I did do one, not particularly dramatic:

watching her nails being done.jpg

But usually, as with Sabina, it's wrists first, feet second:

Sabina foot 2.jpg

Anyway yes that moment is a crossing over into a new destiny but it can be done in so many different ways also.
It can be that one great fateful impact where the spike is driven through with fast frenziful blows and wild convulsions.

But then again in my fantasy the fixing to the cross is often a slower and more deliberate, intimate process.

Like, once you've driven the nail a good bit into my foot, you don't really need to hold it anymore so you have a hand free.
You could now put that free hand under the arch of my foot,
and then as you continues slowly tapping, pausing inbetween and making eye contact so you're sure I'm fully aware and focused and in the experience of what you're doing to me, what I've earned for myself...
...after a few blows you will be able to feel the tip of the nail while it's still inside, then it'll start pushing the skin of my sole outward and then you can feel the tip pitching skin outward like a tent and breaking through and you will feel the metal, now not quite as cold anymore as it originally was, slipping between your fingers as it begins to bite into the wood.

I guess I'm most fascinated by such illustrations of the 'moment of impact' (in images or in the mind) where there's a lot of interaction going on, beyond just being bound to the beams and the executioner driving in the nail....

Long ago, in some thread deep in the mines of CruxForums, we had some discussion on the pros and cons of various routines for crucifying, and I remember pointing out that it would make sense to get my feet/ ankles nailed down first, as trying to nail my wrists with my legs still kicking and body twisting about - while it may present an enjoyable spectacle for the onlookers, as many pics in this thread show - would be unnecessarily difficult, it would be much easier to tie down or hold down my arms than to do the same with my, or any girl's, much stronger legs.

Long ago, in some thread deep in the mines of CruxForums, we had some discussion on the pros and cons of various routines for crucifying, and I remember pointing out that it would make sense to get my feet/ ankles nailed down first, as trying to nail my wrists with my legs still kicking and body twisting about - while it may present an enjoyable spectacle for the onlookers, as many pics in this thread show - would be unnecessarily difficult, it would be much easier to tie down or hold down my arms than to do the same with my, or any girl's, much stronger legs.
I think you neither will be able to kick with your legs nor hit with your arms, because first your arms will be tied tightly to the crossbeam and your legs to the main pole :(
Otherwise, a safe nailing wouldn't be possible because no one would stay voluntary calm for nailing...

I think you neither will be able to kick with your legs nor hit with your arms, because first your arms will be tied tightly to the crossbeam and your legs to the main pole :(
Otherwise, a safe nailing wouldn't be possible because no one would stay voluntary calm for nailing...
It can be done without tying the feet down... you just have to be careful when she bucks!!!
crux nail 054.jpg

Back
Top Bottom