The Worst Humiliation?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Maybe not so much lately. There have been stories which included more earthy bodily functions, crux is after all an experience of blood, sweat and tears, and a lot more! A lot of people don't like the more earthy stuff.
It's an important part of the experience in it's most brutal and fundamental expression. The subject is not only stripped of their clothes, body laid bare, they are stripped of their dignity. Their most private and personal attributes are exposed to public gaze and ridicule. So their physical struggle with the cross, their genitals, every ragged breath they take. Every drop of sweat and blood. Total lack of privacy. Every sip of water is a privilege, every piss and shit held onto for as long as possible, then shamefully released from them in front of a crowd. Every groan, cry, strangled moan of despair or pain. Menstrual blood, the smells of the body, all exposed. The size of their breasts, or genitals (male and female) an opportunity for jokes and remarks. Even those signs of arousal, however voluntary or involuntary. A woman's wetness, openness. A man's stiffening. Nothing can be hidden on the cross.
There is a place for all this, and more.
Well said, Phlebas. For me personally, I find all of these ideas arousing, BUT I don't like it when they become the focus in a gross way. When a story brings them up, I want to hear "humiliation," which is arousing, not "disgusting," which to me is a turn off. That's a tough balance. That's part of what made me nervous about including menstruation in "The Guilty." I didn't want the focus to be "ewww, that's disgusting!" I wanted the focus to be utter, utter shame and humiliation. Still not sure if I succeeded.

I didn't want the focus to be "ewww, that's disgusting!" I wanted the focus to be utter, utter shame and humiliation. Still not sure if I succeeded.
Well I think you did; there's pity for the girl welling up in him, for her entire situation and that last coincidental humiliation, and the last paragraph has him trying to bludgeon his conscience into silence -- repeating himself, it was good and right and just, etc., to silence those contradictory feelings.

Well I think you did; there's pity for the girl welling up in him, for her entire situation and that last coincidental humiliation, and the last paragraph has him trying to bludgeon his conscience into silence -- repeating himself, it was good and right and just, etc., to silence those contradictory feelings.
So Tree will go for the 'ewww' factor... you knew eventually he would...

If you were crucified while menstruating how visible would it be?

Tree

...he is a cad...

It succeeded with me, as I read it I thought "poor girl, more shame and pain, wonder if she gets bad stomach cramps" rather than "ewww".
Thank you both! I really appreciate the feedback.

That become worst humiliation? Left girl with no cloths on her
I don't really think that a person who is comfortable in their body would be instantly humiliated just from being naked. The girl in the picture certainly has nothing to be humiliated about. Humiliation is when that nakedness is turned against the person, either through ridicule or denigration of some sort, raising feelings of inappropriateness and shame. In the case where a girl is left alone without clothes, humiliation would depend on the scenario. As long as she stays where she is, she may be fine, and even reasonably comfortable. If she tries to go home, having had her clothes and gear taken away, she will find herself the object of stares, probably a few jeers, and other attempts at humiliation. Depending on where she has to go, she is at a disadvantage and could also be assaulted or raped, which would certainly increase her humiliation, I would think.

But these things are not intrinsic to nudity or nakedness. They layer onto it to create humiliation. Nakedness, in and of itself isn't that humiliating. It's the vulnerability of removing the armour that creates the possibilities, both for intimacy and humiliation.

Back
Top Bottom