Tied Up

Go to CruxDreams.com
Phlebas, by accident or intent this lady's pose bears a marked resemblance to one of Dali’s capital-C Crucifixions.
Which was itself inspired by St John of the Cross's description and sketch (traditionally attributed to him) of his vision:

cristo-en-la-cruz.jpg

Which was itself inspired by St John of the Cross's description and sketch (traditionally attributed to him) of his vision:

View attachment 598430

I noticed when I did an image search "Dali crucifixion from above" is that the full title is "Christ of Saint John of the Cross."

I shall now admit to damning evidence of a yawning gap in my Catholic education. Never heard of the dude.

I noticed when I did an image search "Dali crucifixion from above" is that the full title is "Christ of Saint John of the Cross."

I shall now admit to damning evidence of a yawning gap in my Catholic education. Never heard of the dude.

Modern Catholic school education is pretty poor actually, in terms of imparting this sort of thing.
St John of the Cross was a mystic, and those "dudes" used to have some pretty wild visions which could be read in a variety of ways. He was also a Spaniard, and they traditionally go the extra mile in do or die spiritual exercises!
Among other things he said "Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent." (one for Barb?)

Remarkable image, so simple but so effective, and clearly inspiring Dali, another Spaniard.

Somehow I don't think this new hair salon is going to catch on ....
Traditional hair styling methods don't work in the muggy climate of the Amazon forest!:confused:
For you it would be "remember Christ silent and be crucified" :D

She had already wondered what the pole was for, when she took the appartment!:oops:

The black ropes match her hair color very well!:rolleyes:

Those young teachers will do everything to get tenured!:cool:

But there is strong competition from their more mature colleagues!:D

Back
Top Bottom