Vintage Advertisement - political correctness not really given

Go to CruxDreams.com
Times have changed indeed.

I recall having seen an old cinema pub reel from the 1950's. It was clearly in the colonial era, and sounded about like this :

"A white man is worth two blacks! But in (name of the shop), you can buy now two white men's shirts for the price of one!"

Jump to the year 2100 : "Hard to believe this stuff was once acceptable, wrapping foods in cellophane!"!
The wierdest thing on that one is the line 'Her husband was crazy about peas!' -
I mean, we've got a fair selection of kinks on the Forums, but peas... ? :confused: :p

According to one of my husband's favourite records, Pan Am was the only state owned airline never to have made a loss. They made 'negative profits' instead.
Pam Am was considered the unofficial flagship airline of the US due to its numerous overseas routes and high quality service. However, it was not government owned. If it had been, it might not have shut down in 1991.

here are some more ads to remind some of us of the days when air travel was grand experience and not a horrible ordeal.
I flew on all of these except for Pan Am and I recall Braniff as being the best.
ad5.jpgad6.pngad7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom