What Are Trophy Points?

• Thread starter Deleted member jedakk
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
I have 113 of them and no idea how I got them. I imagine this question has already been answered, but I haven't come across it anywhere. Anyone know? Or am I the only one who doesn't!
It's an old chestnut mate ..... a combination of the number of posts you have made and also likes you have received.
Congratulations ..... You have reached the maximum obtainable (apart from a few of the "Nobs" who seem to have removed their own upper limits).
Maybe we can eventually spend them .... a bit like Green Shield stamps.

It's an old chestnut mate ..... a combination of the number of posts you have made and also likes you have received.
Congratulations ..... You have reached the maximum obtainable (apart from a few of the "Nobs" who seem to have removed their own upper limits).

Well, I wasn't going to lose any sleep over that, figured it had to be either something like you just described or else the Master of the CruxForums Universe sitting there doling them out depending on his/her mood today! :D

Man, I haven't seen any kind of savings stamps, as they used to call them here, in about fifty years! We used to have S&H Green Stamps from some stores and Black Gold Stamps from others, which were probably a Texas thing since they had a little picture of a gushing oil well on them. I guess those were replaced by points on credit cards that you can use to buy stuff.

I guess those were replaced by points on credit cards that you can use to buy stuff.
Points on credit cards and store loyalty cards are less about saving for future purchases and more about tracking your spending habits and building up a database about you that they can then sell to advertisers :(

I always use cash for all offline purchasing

I think they are like the "Get Out of Jail Free" card in Monopoly. You can use them to escape punishment for your crimes. On the other hand, for those so inclined, you can use them to DEMAND punishment for crimes you didn't even do.

Yeah, the trophy points go back to the days before we had 'likes', which have largely superseded them.
To be honest, I don't know how the system works, but most of us do seem to stick at the mystic number 113.
Like the upper levels of the 'ranking' system - above executioner - the old system is more or less redundant,
replaced by the 'custom titles' we're happy to give active contributors.

Yeah, the trophy points go back to the days before we had 'likes', which have largely superseded them.
To be honest, I don't know how the system works, but most of us do seem to stick at the mystic number 113.
Like the upper levels of the 'ranking' system - above executioner - the old system is more or less redundant,
replaced by the 'custom titles' we're happy to give active contributors.
I have 596 points.

Back
Top Bottom