Can You Read Comics???

Go to CruxDreams.com

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
...since Tree is A.D.D. (not really but any excuse I can find I use) I have been working on a project that is partly cartoon style with dialog balloons. I suppose you folks using G Translator would find this difficult to follow, yes?

Tree

...since Tree is A.D.D. (not really but any excuse I can find I use) I have been working on a project that is partly cartoon style with dialog balloons. I suppose you folks using G Translator would find this difficult to follow, yes?

Tree

I've long suspected that you have Attention Deficit Disorder but I fail to see what that has to with your latest project. Why not post a pic with balloon dialog and then we can test whether or not it is easy to translate using IM translator or whatever.

I've long suspected that you have Attention Deficit Disorder but I fail to see what that has to with your latest project. Why not post a pic with balloon dialog and then we can test whether or not it is easy to translate using IM translator or whatever.
I'll get a test one ready...

Tree

...It's really not ADD, I just don't want them to know a drink...
jurist prelude.jpg

Tree
Oh well, what does it take: At maximum transferring the text manually into the translator...
Those who are too lazy to do so, will be too lazy to hit a "Like" button as well, let alone posting something like "thank you"...

Anyhow, assuming that you do have the texts in electronic form, a helpful option might be to post just the texts in electronic form as well, reducing the effort to "copy/paste".

Oh well, what does it take: At maximum transferring the text manually into the translator...
Those who are too lazy to do so, will be too lazy to hit a "Like" button as well, let alone posting something like "thank you"...

Anyhow, assuming that you do have the texts in electronic form, a helpful option might be to post just the texts in electronic form as well, reducing the effort to "copy/paste".

I was just wanting to make things easy for my friends on the continent (especially those who do reply) and have come up with a solution similar to what you suggested...

tree:cool:

I was just wanting to make things easy for my friends on the continent (especially those who do reply) and have come up with a solution similar to what you suggested...

What a genie, beyond belief

You know, not to be misunderstood, I am spending a lot of time (most of the time intentionally without credits...) to provide translations (from contributors mother tongue to English), so I am the last to be not supportive in "spreading the word".
This often includes "translating the written text from picture to electronic text prior to translation".
None of those countless hours are spent for my own entertainment, as I am easily able read the original text and therefore don't need the translation.

My point is rather to emphasize the "help yourself mentality" from there on, meaning "from English to any other language".
I have contributors rather spend time on "more contribution" than on "doing home work that people could do themselves, if they were not too lazy".
Providing "easy to have" aid (like suggested) is a different story of course.

Nowadays many people are on a "somebody does it for me" mentality, sitting there and waiting for somebody else to do the work for them, instead of helping themselves. That's an allergic point for me ;)

I can assure that Fantasmo is always ready to help somebody :
many times, for my stories, I do translation (french/english) and he
just controls and corrects my version: but, in no case, he'ld have agree to do the work, and I think that's right!;)
When we want to do anything, we must begin our work, even if it's difficult:
A proverb says:" Help yourself and the heaven will help you! ".....;)

I can assure that Fantasmo is always ready to help somebody :
many times, for my stories, I do translation (french/english) and he
just controls and corrects my version: but, in no case, he'ld have agree to do the work, and I think that's right!;)
When we want to do anything, we must begin our work, even if it's difficult:
A proverb says:" Help yourself and the heaven will help you! ".....;)
:cool:

...and so, she's quiet, she's put in a corner and she cant tell anything...
You know how to speak to the women, Tree!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom