Is It Possible...

Go to CruxDreams.com

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
...to post the file size of the youtube video so we who pay by the GB can decide if we want to open or not???

THT

:cool:

If I understand correctly, you need to download a video on YouTube in the mode of "Unlisted".

youtube.jpg

Then insert the video in the forum. And anyone can make a choice - to watch it or not.

:D

If I understand correctly, you need to download a video on YouTube in the mode of "Unlisted".

Then insert the video in the forum. And anyone can make a choice - to watch it or not.
That's a truly lovely video IM, it ought to be with Makar's other work on the Archive.​

I think THT's problem is with viewing videos, not uploading them,​
he'd like to know in advance what it's going to cost him so he can decide if it's worth it,​
some notice of the size would tell him what he wants to know, and save him some cost.​

Right-Click on the video, select "show video info".
This doesn't give you the size, but from duration and resolution (shown in the video info) you sure get an idea how large it is.

This video above is 320*200pixel, 6.5min duration = 45MB
So roughly 7MB/min of a 320/200 video...

Takes come calculating on user side most likely, I'd be surprised if the forum software could do this for you, as it doesn't have the info, just a link to the external source.

Right-Click on the video, select "show video info".
This doesn't give you the size, but from duration and resolution (shown in the video info) you sure get an idea how large it is.

This video above is 320*200pixel, 6.5min duration = 45MB
So roughly 7MB/min of a 320/200 video...

Takes come calculating on user side most likely, I'd be surprised if the forum software could do this for you, as it doesn't have the info, just a link to the external source.

Thanks folks. Eulalia was of course correct that old cheapskate here was trying to find the file size before opening the video. So the next question is do you know the size when you post it?

In the mean time, waitress, get everyone a round...

T

Beautiful video. The model is gorgeous!
Thanks folks. Eulalia was of course correct that old cheapskate here was trying to find the file size before opening the video. So the next question is do you know the size when you post it?

In the mean time, waitress, get everyone a round...

T
If you hover the mouse over the video file the duration and file size will be shown on the screen.

Back
Top Bottom