The Beauty of Crucifixion

Go to CruxDreams.com
T-Rex, great to see you contributing, this must be the longest drought on record here! Fifteen years. We joined on the same day, there must have been a reason/message/encouragement of some sort that prompted two stalwarts of the old Crux group to finally come over here and sign up :)

Yes yes yes the cross enhances and accentuates the beauty of the human form, for men or women. It has an almost alchemical ability to do this.

So simple, and yet so intensely erotic. This control can be removed by shaving the head, of course, but I prefer the image of the crucified woman exercising her limited freedom this way, her hair a symbol of her sensuality and her lack of freedom.

The contrast between a female body and the hard instrument of her torture is a powerful one, an important part of the experience. Soft flesh on hard wood, gentle curves stretched over hard lines, the living body hung on something which was once alive but now dead.

I would love to see more of this, references and illustrations if possible. Is it true or a feminist fantasy? It belongs in one of our stories, but it could be true.

Thank you for the previously unseen images, and even a video, your women have always been erotic in their apparent ordinariness. I hope you are able to contribute more, or will we need to wait another 15 years :D
Hello, My Dear Crux Friend.

I greatly appreciate your kind words and thoughtful insights on the insidious and vicarious nature of Roman crucifixion, especially on the display of the female form.

You asked for a reference on Mary Daly's feminist examination of the sexual fantasies of male philosophers and theologians. It is: from Gyn/Ecology: The Metaethics of Radical Feminism by Mary Daly, Beacon Press, Boston, 1978, pp 94-95.

Best regards, phlebas.

— T

Back
Top Bottom