Thinking of doing a poll of how people find threads.

Go to CruxDreams.com
Close to the heart of all who make threads here - and possibly at the heart of certain recent issues - is the matter of how to draw an audience. And to do that, one must be able to look through the audience's eyes - or at least, know where those eyes are. Therefore, I am considering a poll to see how people discover threads.

However, I'm faced with a bit of a meta issue here. In order for the results to be meaningful, I would like to get answers from as many users as possible. But where should I post it in order for that to be the case - here? News and Announcements?

Finally, if such a survey has been done before, could someone please point me to it?

I made one thread and posted all my pics and stories in it.
Once they find and like what they see they will remember you, hopefully.
Think most threads are found in the new post section and by referrals/links in the forums by others.

Close to the heart of all who make threads here - and possibly at the heart of certain recent issues - is the matter of how to draw an audience. And to do that, one must be able to look through the audience's eyes - or at least, know where those eyes are. Therefore, I am considering a poll to see how people discover threads.

However, I'm faced with a bit of a meta issue here. In order for the results to be meaningful, I would like to get answers from as many users as possible. But where should I post it in order for that to be the case - here? News and Announcements?

Finally, if such a survey has been done before, could someone please point me to it?
I think this would be the right place for it, KK. We can signal it in 'New Threads', and it could be made 'sticky' (staying at or near the top of the Forum list) as long as it's open.

Back
Top Bottom