What Is The Time Zone Of This Forum?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Dear Friends,

I wonder what is the time zone of this forum. When I visit somebody's else profile, I read: "So-and-So was last seen at 2:05 AM". Yes, but referring to which time zone? Since we are from all over the world, knowing it can be important sometimes.

Thank you,

Anima

I tried this as I need UTC-06:00 central Time (US and Canada) but its not one of the dropdown optios and I couldn't over type.

What am I doing wrong?

THT

Hmm ... You can set the time by experiment.
Show time difference and set you want.

@THT: Under your preference you can set your time zone.
See attachment.

@AnimaSinistra: I think you are thinking "round the corner" twice, what is confusing. It is not relevant what is the "site time". The site just has to know what is the delta between it's "own time" and the time you have set under your preferences.
Any time on the forum will be displayed to you in your selected zone time.
As an example: This post is made at about 10 PM CET. To THT the forum will say "3 PM".
In an hour from now, I will read 10 PM an THT will read 3 PM and we both will check our watches and see "this was one hour ago".
Same goes for "last seen".
Hope that helps!

Attachments

• timezone.jpg
    timezone.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 11
simple but not for all

Attachments

• mijn klokken.png
    mijn klokken.png
    184 KB · Views: 9
simple but not for all
With a little more explanation it wouldn't be confusing... ;)
Hans means that one can use a "world clock". This however doesn't solve the problem at all, because it is departing from the wrong assumption, that all times are displayed in one and the same time zone. They are not! Time display is "in the selected time zone".

With a little more explanation it wouldn't be confusing... ;)
Hans means that one can use a "world clock". This however doesn't solve the problem at all, because it is departing from the wrong assumption, that all times are displayed in one and the same time zone. They are not! Time display is "in the selected time zone".
when I right click in the leftcorner of the taskbar i can set the time of my computer and overwrite the current time

when I right click in the leftcorner of the taskbar i can set the time of my computer and overwrite the current time
Sure, but this would not change anything, other than adding confusion.
If you set your timezone corectly in the forum, then it will display the post times in your time zone as well. No need for a world clock or changing you local system time (what doesn't change anything anyway).
(This post was made at 08:40 Central European Time...)

but I can see what time it is in the pacific and in what time they will started their computer and their chatting. That's another approximation
when I now start a discussion is it in my country 11:20 AM but in Texas 4:20 Am and in India 2:50 PM. and that's what i want to know............Is my contact sleeping or.............................

You realy can't count on a clock to know when someone is sleeping some people have jobs that keep them up at odd hours or travel world wide.

:D zo ken ik er nog een paar:D

but I can see what time it is in the pacific and in what time they will started their computer and their chatting. That's another approximation
when I now start a discussion is it in my country 11:20 AM but in Texas 4:20 Am and in India 2:50 PM. and that's what i want to know............Is my contact sleeping or.............................
Ok, for that purpose a world clock is ok, but the original question was a different one.

Back
Top Bottom