Art by Riodoro

Go to CruxDreams.com

Riodoro

Assistant executioner
Hi everyone,
in this thread you’ll find new original art by Riodoro. It’s okay to share or re-post it elsewhere as long as it’s not for commercial use. If you do, please credit the work to me and do not remove the signature on the pics.

Comments and criticism are welcome.

Okay, here we go… I would like to share a little story from the waldensian crusade in 16th century france with you.

When I published on BDSM-Artwork.com, they usually complemented my pics with a story (those were not written by me). I liked that because I feel that it adds a lot of depth and impact to the pics if you have a sense of the context of the scene that is depicted. Over the holidays I finished two new pictures, the start of a series of scenes in my favourite medieval/inquisition/dungeon setting, and I’ve tried to write a little story around them in the same style. It’s an experiment for me and since english is not my first language there surely are some awkward formulations or outright mistakes in there. Apologies for those in advance.

I’m posting the first two pages today and the rest over the coming days. Right now there are five pages completed. I’m planning with maybe about eight pages in total.

Please note that the little vignettes of Captain Polin’s favourite toys on the bottom of the pages are NOT the pictures I’m talking about. The first one of those is on page five. Also, apart from the dates and (some of) the names none of this is historically accurate! ;-)

Riodoro Crusade 01.jpg Riodoro Crusade 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, here we go… I would like to share a little story from the waldensian crusade in 16th century france with you.

When I published on BDSM-Artwork.com, they usually complemented my pics with a story (those were not written by me). I liked that because I feel that it adds a lot of depth and impact to the pics if you have a sense of the context of the scene that is depicted. Over the holidays I finished two new pictures, the start of a series of scenes in my favourite medieval/inquisition/dungeon setting, and I’ve tried to write a little story around them in the same style. It’s an experiment for me and since english is not my first language there surely are some awkward formulations or outright mistakes in there. Apologies for those in advance.

I’m posting the first two pages today and the rest over the coming days. Right now there are five pages completed. I’m planning with maybe about eight pages in total.

Please note that the little vignettes of Captain Polin’s favourite toys on the bottom of the pages are NOT the pictures I’m talking about. The first one of those is on page five. Also, apart from the dates and (some of) the names none of this is historically accurate! ;-)

View attachment 1272540 View attachment 1272541
Wow, fabulous. Already there is such an intrigue from seeing these instruments of torture on their own.. very exciting début! :clapping:

Hi everyone,
in this thread you’ll find new original art by Riodoro. It’s okay to share or re-post it elsewhere as long as it’s not for commercial use. If you do, please credit the work to me and do not remove the signature on the pics.

Comments and criticism are welcome.
Glad to see you here. I'm a big fan of your work, and appreciate that you share it.

View attachment 1272540 View attachment 1272541
Love the Judas cradle and the wooden horse!

I have a lot of your art when I was a customer of the site, you're very wellcome, I know by advance you'll have a big feedback.

Be warned, as a froggie, I'll have a peculiar view on your respect of historical background and details....-:))))))))))))))))
Thanks @gerembeau (and all the others) for the feedback.

I fear my approach to the storied history of your country very much resembles that of Captain Polin’s piemontese mercenaries when raiding a waldensian village – take what you like and slaughter everything else. So, sorry for that ;-)

Antoine Escalin des Aimars, Baron de la Garde, called Captain Polin is a historical figure, by the way. He really did serve as ambassador to Constantinople and was later a successful military commander in the italian wars and responsible for the massacre of Mérindol. He was – as far as I can tell – not a sadistic monster that delighted in the torture of women for fun and recreation. There was also an Abbé Jerôme Maurand who accompanied Polin to Constantinople and wrote a detailed account of the diplomatic mission that led to the Franco-Ottoman alliance of the 1540s. He was a priest from Antibes and neither a dominican nor an inquisitor though. The rest of the story is pretty much made up with the help of wikipedia and google maps.

Thank you Riodoro, I can't wait to see your new work.
I have always followed you on BdsmArtworks as well as DoFantasy…
I too am passionate about medieval stories and various inquisitions. I like the settings you give to your works… in the dungeons of the inquisition… even if I have a slight preference for public punishments and torments.
Like you I'm not English speaking (I'm Italian) and unlike you I can't draw but I like to write stories.
If I can give you an example, I wrote one that I published here on Cruxforum and I had the honor that a very good artist like you (Zardoz) did some tables for my story.
I'll post here the link to my story (.pdf) where I've already inserted Zardoz's works in the right places…. I dare not hope.. but if you would like to do some illustration I would be honored to insert it.. and since the story isn't closed... this would encourage me to write a few more chapters.
However, if you are interested in some stories to illustrate .. I will gladly think about it ... and I will certainly write it.

https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/more-art-of-oz.9130/page-19

Thank you Riodoro, I can't wait to see your new work.
I have always followed you on BdsmArtworks as well as DoFantasy…
I too am passionate about medieval stories and various inquisitions. I like the settings you give to your works… in the dungeons of the inquisition… even if I have a slight preference for public punishments and torments.
Like you I'm not English speaking (I'm Italian) and unlike you I can't draw but I like to write stories.
If I can give you an example, I wrote one that I published here on Cruxforum and I had the honor that a very good artist like you (Zardoz) did some tables for my story.
I'll post here the link to my story (.pdf) where I've already inserted Zardoz's works in the right places…. I dare not hope.. but if you would like to do some illustration I would be honored to insert it.. and since the story isn't closed... this would encourage me to write a few more chapters.
However, if you are interested in some stories to illustrate .. I will gladly think about it ... and I will certainly write it.

https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/more-art-of-oz.9130/page-19
Thanks for the link to your story @tdmaster. I look forward to reading it.

Phew... I see that I was not the only one who had problems logging in to the site. Glad to see that everything is back up and running and that the site did not shut down for good as soon as I started posting here ;)
Here are pages 4 and 5...
Riodoro Crusade 04.jpgRiodoro Crusade 05.jpg

We feel honored by your gifts - in my view, you create the kind of scenery that really stands apart in terms of details and ingenuity. I always thought that it is a real pity that BDSMartworks does not value all the detail in your renderings - they rather spoil the original by putting up low res versions that you can't even save in a decent way by now.

Back
Top Bottom