Barb In The Old West

Go to CruxDreams.com
Outside my cell’s barred window Tree shows up. I look up and ask “Did you come back to hang me, Tree?”

barb 014 a.jpg

“You should be so lucky” he replies. He walks into the jail.

“So you came to gloat?” I demand.

waiting 002.jpg

“No”

“So to tell me ‘I told you so’?”

“No”

“You came to watch me hang, there!”

“No, I’ll be heading back to Pacific before you are hanged.”

He passed me a paper pack that had a label that said ‘Madame Wu’ and a box of stick matches. The pack is filled with cigarettes. I tell him I don’t smoke. He tells me to take it up; it won’t kill me before tomorrow. He turns to leave and I call out “Tree, please be there tomorrow. I need a friend there.”

“You need to be a bit more selective picking your friends. It ain’t my style to watch a hanging.”

“And I never knew you had any ‘style’. Please, Tree, be there!”

“Do you really want me there?”

“Please Tree, be there”

He doesn’t answer and walks out. I light up one of the Madame Wu’s. It isn’t bad. I smoke a few more…

madame wu 5.jpg

Tree

barb 014 a.jpg I know he will be back...I just know he will ... maybe it will be one of those exciting scenes in which he rides in just as the trap door falls free below my feet and cuts the rope with a knife and pulls me up on the back of his horse and rides away....well, maybe not, but a girl can dream, can't she? :rolleyes:

Cough, choke...what do they put in these Madame Wu's anyway..... am I hallucinating already? :confused:

View attachment 295581 I know he will be back...I just know he will ... maybe it will be one of those exciting scenes in which he rides in just as the trap door falls free below my feet and cuts the rope with a knife and pulls me up on the back of his horse and rides away....well, maybe not, but a girl can dream, can't she? :rolleyes:

Cough, choke...what do they put in these Madame Wu's anyway..... am I hallucinating already? :confused:
I'll be there, Barb! :devil:

Love Despard II :rolleyes:

View attachment 295581 I know he will be back...I just know he will ... maybe it will be one of those exciting scenes in which he rides in just as the trap door falls free below my feet and cuts the rope with a knife and pulls me up on the back of his horse and rides away....well, maybe not, but a girl can dream, can't she? :rolleyes:

I'll be there, Barb! :devil:

Love Despard II :rolleyes:
If you believe Despard II you are hallucinating, Barb...

T

I smoked more than half the pack of Madame Wu’s and even though I will be hanged at noon tomorrow I sleep like a rock. It is mid-morning and even with the sun blazing down the brisk air makes my nipples quite tumescent. I hear a British voice behind me and Despard Wragg II says “Good day, Barbara, are you ready to have your neck stretched.”

I look through the bars and say “I’m willing to try just about anything once.”

barb 050.jpg

Of course I am putting up a brave front that covers the stomach-turning fear I feel. My wrists are locked behind my back and I am taken from the cell. Why should I have expected anything less than the gallows being across town from the jail? I am not embarrassed by my body but parade naked the length of the main street is more humiliating.

barb 049.jpg

I should have left town...

barb 051.jpg

Tree

I smoked more than half the pack of Madame Wu’s and even though I will be hanged at noon tomorrow I sleep like a rock. It is mid-morning and even with the sun blazing down the brisk air makes my nipples quite tumescent. I hear a British voice behind me and Despard Wragg II says “Good day, Barbara, are you ready to have your neck stretched.”

View attachment 295816

Of course I am putting up a brave front that covers the stomach-turning fear I feel. My wrists are locked behind my back and I am taken from the cell. Why should I have expected anything less than the gallows being across town from the jail? I am not embarrassed by my body but parade naked the length of the main street is more humiliating.

View attachment 295815

View attachment 295817

Tree

If there's one thing we Wragg's appreciate it's a lovely long neck! :devil:

View attachment 295816

View attachment 295815

View attachment 295817

Tree

barb 049.jpg humiliatingly paraded and tumescent nipples exposed ... why do they stare at me that way? ... why not build the gallows next to the jail? I would have left town if I had known what kind of friends I have here. Too late now ... gulp ... where is Tree.....very little time left for him to pull off the daring rescue I am counting on ... I hope he hasn't been drinking ... Ulrika! Get his ass on his horse and send him over here fast!!!

This really FUCKING sucks. I am about to be hanged for being a whore and the man paying for this ‘justice’ is Despard Wragg II who wants to take over my business. I’m not too fond of this Reverend Lynch, either, that can quote his favorite passages from the bible that condemns me to hell and damnation but can’t seem to find a passage of God’s mercy and forgiveness. He is such a prick…

h 1_1_0003.jpg

“What is the camera for?” I ask as the hangman reaches for the noose.

“You’ll be dead before he takes the picture, Barbara” He says. “Digital cameras are more than a century away. But half the town paid to be photographed sanding by your dead body.”

h 2_1_0004.jpg

I ask the hooded hangman if he knew what he was doing and he assures me he has never hanged anyone but he is a fast learner.

H 3.jpg

…nothing better to make a girl feel good!

h 4.jpg

…and I have a noose around my neck! I couldn’t run even though I want to. These people of Cheyanne that I helped have come out to see me hanged!

h 5.jpg

Tree

“A pain stabbed my heart, as it did every time I saw a girl I loved who was going the opposite direction in this too-big world.”
Jack Kerouac, On the Road

:eek:

This really FUCKING sucks. I am about to be hanged for being a whore and the man paying for this ‘justice’ is Despard Wragg II who wants to take over my business. I’m not too fond of this Reverend Lynch, either, that can quote his favorite passages from the bible that condemns me to hell and damnation but can’t seem to find a passage of God’s mercy and forgiveness. He is such a prick…

View attachment 295822

“What is the camera for?” I ask as the hangman reaches for the noose.

“You’ll be dead before he takes the picture, Barbara” He says. “Digital cameras are more than a century away. But half the town paid to be photographed sanding by your dead body.”

View attachment 295823

I ask the hooded hangman if he knew what he was doing and he assures me he has never hanged anyone but he is a fast learner.

View attachment 295824

…nothing better to make a girl feel good!

View attachment 295825

…and I have a noose around my neck! I couldn’t run even though I want to. These people of Cheyanne that I helped have come out to see me hanged!

View attachment 295826

Tree

h 2_1_0004.jpg Gulp...this is it...where is my hero? ... has he forsaken me ... ok, maybe I am hamming it up a little too much ... on the other hand, I don't want to die at the end of a rope ... you know that noose is scratchy ... how about a little looser, ok? .... just a matter of time now....are those horse hoof beats I hear at the edge of town ... hey, who is that cute girl in the short girl over there come to witness my hanging?

On the gallows with a rope around my neck I look about. It’s not that I am about to die (though I can think of other things I would rather do today) but these people have come in droves to see me hanged. And most of the men here have seen me naked… and had me… but it was on my terms.

barb hang.jpg

There must be the whole town below the gallows platform but my eyes can only see one person. Tree leans against the deck post sipping a drink. So much for my ‘white knight’…
barb hang 2.jpg

The hangman puts some slack and says to me “It will make it go quicker, Barbara.”

“I thought you never did this before. How do you know” I whisper. I am determined to defiant to the end. Maybe they won’t notice I am pissing. I squeeze my cheeks to keep from shitting.

h 6.jpg

Tree

Damn, the trap drops as do I! But the rope stops me before my feet touch the ground. Christ, this hurts like hell!

h 7.jpg

…and they are going to take pictures by my dead hanged body!
hang Barb 3.jpg

Blood hammers in my ears as the rope closes around my neck. Damn it just shot me… I’ll buy the bullet! Though the sky is clear I hear thunder and I crumple on the ground beneath the gallows. Above me I see Tree holding a hogleg (it’s an old revolver).

tree bogart a.jpg

“Not so fast” he yells. “I hold the note on the brothel and since you closed it down I have rights on the assets. I don’t want any furniture but I take the whore.”

Despard Wragg II almost blows a vein and yells “But she is condemned to hang.”

“According to the Universal Commercial Code she has hanged. Bull, do you have my back?”

“Don’t I always?” Bull replies.

Tree avatar fess-parker-and-rifle-betsy.jpg

Despard laughs and asks Bull what he was going to do with a single shot. Bull replied “It’s up to you. Do you want it in your right ball or left one?”

Before he could answer a WW II jeep roared in. Tree asked “Where the hell have you guys been?”

rat patrol.jpg

Tree replied “We were consulting with Spock about the whole ‘space-time continuum’ thing. Is Barb OK?”

“Oh fuck, I better check” Tree says.

Another minute of their macho banter and I might be dead!

hanging done a.jpg

Tree

Thanks to Barb… again…

All over but the epilog…

Damn, the trap drops as do I! But the rope stops me before my feet touch the ground. Christ, this hurts like hell!

View attachment 295832

…and they are going to take pictures by my dead hanged body!
View attachment 295833

Blood hammers in my ears as the rope closes around my neck. Damn it just shot me… I’ll buy the bullet! Though the sky is clear I hear thunder and I crumple on the ground beneath the gallows. Above me I see Tree holding a hogleg (it’s an old revolver).

View attachment 295834

“Not so fast” he yells. “I hold the note on the brothel and since you closed it down I have rights on the assets. I don’t want any furniture but I take the whore.”

Despard Wragg II almost blows a vein and yells “But she is condemned to hang.”

“According to the Universal Commercial Code she has hanged. Bull, do you have my back?”

“Don’t I always?” Bull replies.

View attachment 295836

Despard laughs and asks Bull what he was going to do with a single shot. Bull replied “It’s up to you. Do you want it in your right ball or left one?”

Before he could answer a WW II jeep roared in. Tree asked “Where the hell have you guys been?”

View attachment 295835

Tree replied “We were consulting with Spock about the whole ‘space-time continuum’ thing. Is Barb OK?”

“Oh fuck, I better check” Tree says.

Another minute of their macho banter and I might be dead!

View attachment 295837

Tree

Thanks to Barb… again…

All over but the epilog…

hanging done a.jpg Gasp.....who was that yellow-hatted man?... kemo-sabe?

Back
Top Bottom