Bdsm Is Good For You

Go to CruxDreams.com

phlebas

PRIMUS POENUS
Staff member
Well Fifty Shades wasn't exactly a realistic portrayal of BDSM. I mean, I've seen plenty of fantasies here be more realistic.

However, I think that humans need restriction the same way poets need meter. Free verse just never sounds as good, does it? Everyone wants to be controlled a little bit.

I think we all know only too well that the 50 shades movie is going to be really crap, but the positive thing that you can take from it is that it pushes the BDSM lifestyle (realistic or not) into the public arena and this has to be a good thing.

BDSM fulfils a need on both sides of the equation. When conducted within limits, bounded by safe words; carried out by experienced practitioners it can be very satisfying.

However, fantasy can go beyond BDSM with 'terminal' crucifixion or DB's urge to have her heart ripped from her.
We can fantasise about all BDSM activities; the reverse is not true, we cannot (should not) enact all fantasies.

I have always maintained the theory of 'concentric circles' regarding sexual activities.

There are those things that we have experienced.
There are those things that we would genuinely like to experience.
There are those things that we 'think' we would like to experience - but might be too afraid to try.
There are those things that we know we should not contemplate.
There are those things that we have yet to discover.

Fifty shades - never read it. Mrs C did and she didn't crawl up to me afterwards with a leash in her mouth, so I assume it didn't inspire her. Or perhaps I dominate her in other ways.;)

Publicity i.c. there is in several months but is such an item apt for the great mass? I do not believe, also not for our cross, even not that in a marriage or relationship every time will happen a firework à la Hollywood. I think elder people will smile but let youngsters experimentalize till there last gasp...

You can't take away anything of the success of 50 Shades, but ultimately it's an extremely poorly-written book. Quite amateurish in fact that betrays its author's previous life as a writer of (equally amateurish) Twilight fanfic.

Seriously, if Ana "rolled her eyes" and "bit her lip" one more time, she'd end up with detached retinas and a big hole in her face...

You can't take away anything of the success of 50 Shades, but ultimately it's an extremely poorly-written book. Quite amateurish in fact that betrays its author's previous life as a writer of (equally amateurish) Twilight fanfic.

Seriously, if Ana "rolled her eyes" and "bit her lip" one more time, she'd end up with detached retinas and a big hole in her face...
Perfectly stated DP and I suspect the movie will be equally lame. How can you do this movie with only an 'R' rating and not 'NC-17' (the old 'X' rating)...

I read all three of the "fifty shades". My reaction was "MEH". Yes some scenes were well done (IMHO) others were totally off the wall. My fiancé has suggested I read the "Sleeping Beauty" trilogy. I will asap.

I read all three of the "fifty shades". My reaction was "MEH". Yes some scenes were well done (IMHO) others were totally off the wall. My fiancé has suggested I read the "Sleeping Beauty" trilogy. I will asap.
It wasn't bad... sleeping beauty, that is...

Lookin' for an experienced femdom myself. I have always been the Dom and I never tried the sub. It's all about control and I would like to not be in control for once in my life.

My interest in the article was more with the statistics, which suggest a great many people who at least have fantasies of being bound or dominated. Men as well as women. I think sexuality is more flexible than convention suggests, and I think that far from being a twisted minority kink, there is a seed of interest in bondage, a curiosity which is explored in unspoken fantasy. Groups like this allow people to air what is so often hidden, and see that they are not so odd as they may have believed.

My interest in the article was more with the statistics, which suggest a great many people who at least have fantasies of being bound or dominated. Men as well as women. I think sexuality is more flexible than convention suggests, and I think that far from being a twisted minority kink, there is a seed of interest in bondage, a curiosity which is explored in unspoken fantasy. Groups like this allow people to air what is so often hidden, and see that they are not so odd as they may have believed.
I totally agree with that sentiment.

Back
Top Bottom