Crucified males

Go to CruxDreams.com
The Fifth Station: Jesus is Stripped of His Clothes
March 10, 2010 Comments Off on The Fifth Station: Jesus is Stripped of His Clothes

James Middleton painted the Stations of the Cross for the Church of St. Luke in the Fields. Learn more about this series in his artist’s statement.
Thank you for this Madiosi. A wonderful artist and I like his statement. Not to criticize but after stripped I would expect him to hang naked on his cross. Also to be whipped naked, which is confirmed in the gospels.

Attachments

• crucifixion whipping 12.jpg
    crucifixion whipping 12.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 753
  • crucifixion MaxKlinger1891crucifixionNudeK.jpg
    crucifixion MaxKlinger1891crucifixionNudeK.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 731
Some inspiring pictures from another site. Crucifixion is a very public execution, often conducted on the sides of roads to nearby cities. The birds are getting closer now as. Notice the prisoner to the left. Once wonders if a passing sadist will have a go at him first, or one of those hovering vultures.

The executions start at sunrise so pack a picnic lunch and stick around till sunset. Look, one remains to be nailed, so as an early arrival you can get a close up view. Oh and regarding the picnic lunch, pack some extra honey. Guards can be bribed and there are quite a few candidates for extra torture here.
Scheduling is a knotty problem. On one hand, we want to start things early in the day, so we can strip the subjects in the cool morning air, and so that they can hang there naked and savor the experience as the sunlight changes from gentle warmth to fierce burning heat. On the other hand, we want plenty of jeering spectators on hand for the stripping and the nailing; and, unfortunately, most jeering-spectator types aren't really morning people, and would probably rather sleep late on a Saturday morning than get up for a sunrise crucifixion. It's a dliemma. Maybe we'd have to start things off with an all-night concert the night before, with free amphetamines handed out starting at midnight...

Thank you for this Madiosi. A wonderful artist and I like his statement. Not to criticize but after stripped I would expect him to hang naked on his cross. Also to be whipped naked, which is confirmed in the gospels.

I did an "enhanced" version of the Klinger some years ago. The original is quite confronting, and you have to wonder if it was modeled from life, I suspect so.

ph130.jpg

I did an "enhanced" version of the Klinger some years ago. The original is quite confronting, and you have to wonder if it was modeled from life, I suspect so.

View attachment 540465
I think the position of the prisoners on the crosses and the nailing methods would not be typical(the cliched mistake of nails through palms of hands, foot support, the actual design of the cross), but there are things I really like here, especially the interaction of the crowd. And the prisoners are close to the ground, easily accessible for torture. Anyway Klinger is quite an artist, here are a few more pics.

Attachments

• crucifixion MaxKlinger1891crucifixionNudeK.jpg 3.JPG
    crucifixion MaxKlinger1891crucifixionNudeK.jpg 3.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 553
  • crucifixion MaxKlinger1891crucifixionNudeK.jpg 2.JPG
    crucifixion MaxKlinger1891crucifixionNudeK.jpg 2.JPG
    8.4 MB · Views: 649
  • crucifixion MaxKlinger1891crucifixionNudeK.jpg 5.JPG
    crucifixion MaxKlinger1891crucifixionNudeK.jpg 5.JPG
    273.2 KB · Views: 760
The Klinger picture is really extrordinary! I knew it before but somhow never recognized the two guys in the background.

I like the "enhanced" version by Phlebas! ;)

Passion play with a hairless actor....

View attachment 540610

Nice to see you back Shaved. Do you have any new photo sets?
Nice manip too, that background is quite popular, from the Oberammergau Passion Play a few years ago. I've scenes from it myself, but I don't think I've seen that particular angle.

Thanks Phlebas!
No new sets. Found this picture by a simple search in the web and it was of usable resolution to make a manip.

Scheduling is a knotty problem. On one hand, we want to start things early in the day, so we can strip the subjects in the cool morning air, and so that they can hang there naked and savor the experience as the sunlight changes from gentle warmth to fierce burning heat. On the other hand, we want plenty of jeering spectators on hand for the stripping and the nailing; and, unfortunately, most jeering-spectator types aren't really morning people, and would probably rather sleep late on a Saturday morning than get up for a sunrise crucifixion. It's a dliemma. Maybe we'd have to start things off with an all-night concert the night before, with free amphetamines handed out starting at midnight...
Schedule it to Friday morning then. In that case, the spectators will have no excuse to get up early!:p
If it would be me, I think they should at least have to make some effort to enjoy my crucifixion.:mad:
Afterwards, they still got the whole Friday night to party near the execution site!:devil:

The Lichtor and his whip.

The gospels tell us that Jesus was beaten by the Roman soldiers before going to the cross. This beating, called a scourging, usually came before the actual act of crucifixion. A "scourge" was a whip, consisting of a handle with three lashes or strips of leather with sharp pieces of bone or metal often attached. Scourging a prisoner helped eliminate their ability to resist crucifixion and it also served as something of a sadistic sport for hardened Roman soldiers.

The normal procedure was to strip the victim of their clothes and tie their hands above their head to a support column. Two soldiers (called lichtors) were positioned on each side of the prisoner. Each soldier would then take alternate turns whipping the victim. With each strike, the embedded metal within the scourge would tear into the victim's body and rip out small bits of flesh. This thrashing continued until it appeared that the prisoner was near death.

Although the Jewish people were limited to 39 lashes when whipping a prisoner (see 2 Corinthians 11:24), the Romans were under no such conditions. When it came to scourging, there was only one Roman limitation- the prisoner had to be kept alive to carry their cross.

Bringing this to modern times, crucifixion in a dystopian State. Frederick is a drop out and sadist full of hate, perfect for the new regime. He is always to have the first go at the prisoner sentenced to death on the cross, as a lichtor he sees the prisoner before mutilated, strips him naked and hangs him on on the pillar, tied to his thumbs and hoisted up tip toe. He shows the prisoners the whip, cracks it in the air for a few practice strokes. This is the sound of gunfire. The prisoners buttocks quiver in fear and Frederick openly displays his pleasure. There is nothing like the fear, quivering and moaning prisoner just before the initial lash, when a beautiful body is to be slowly destroyed.

This is an execution beauty pageant. Please submit votes on the most beautiful boy.

Attachments

• frederick.jpg
    frederick.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 619
  • scourging whip.jpg
    scourging whip.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 503
  • crucifixion whipping 12.jpg
    crucifixion whipping 12.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 510
  • playgirl 70s.jpg
    playgirl 70s.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 521
  • prisoner for cross 29.jpg
    prisoner for cross 29.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 516
  • Prisoner Jake 7 Strip 16.jpg
    Prisoner Jake 7 Strip 16.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 466
  • Prisoner Jake 7 Strip 17.jpg
    Prisoner Jake 7 Strip 17.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 436
  • marine cage 2.jpg
    marine cage 2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 575
Not so sure about that, I think I remember this as an extension of the Wheel execution, but of course it could have been and editing trick. I do like the idea though of prisoners having to witness executions, knowing the're "next up".

The wheel was not only an execution device but as a means of torture device, for purpose of information gathering or an inquisitional confession. Think of this prisoner here grabbed from his cell, ordered to strip by the inquisitors and then bound naked on this wheel. He may well die here, or talk.

Thats excellent..what scene or film did those stills come from..anyone know??

Back
Top Bottom