El Coyote - Hanging With A Horse

Go to CruxDreams.com
He may not have died there (well maybe he did), but I once read that Lyndon Johnson used to conduct business as President while sitting there.

Somehow, after hearing from fellow Air Force veterans who served during that time frame, that does NOT surprise me!

My younger son - not all that young any more at almost 50 - and I were talking about that very thing earlier this evening. The idea that you ended up dying some really dumb way and every time someone in the afterlife asked you how you died, you'd have to have them laugh about it and doing that for all eternity.

Not just someone in the afterlife, but what about those who can 'talk' to the dead? (Whoopie Goldberg in "Ghost" comes to mind... ROFL!)

People who died on the toilet or at least in the bathroom:
Elvis Presley
Judy Garland
Lenny Bruce
King George II of England
Christopher Shale, Tory politician
Evelyn Waugh
Don Simpson, Hollywood producer
King Wenceslaus III of Bohemia (not the guy from the song). Actually, murdered while on the toilet.

And, my favorite: Michael Anderson Godwin. Sentenced to die in the South Carolina electric chair in 1983, his sentence was later commuted to life. He died of accidental electrocution while sitting on a metal toilet.
http://articles.latimes.com/1989-03-08/news/mn-277_1_electric-chair

BTW: I see that TDS is back up. Thanks, EC.
It is not a rare death. I look that 2 times in the last ten years (before not).

And, my favorite: Michael Anderson Godwin. Sentenced to die in the South Carolina electric chair in 1983, his sentence was later commuted to life. He died of accidental electrocution while sitting on a metal toilet.

Poetic justice there? Or was there a higher power (no pun intended) involved?

BTW: I see that TDS is back up. Thanks, EC.

I got tired of waiting on the all-clear from a techie. Now, all I need is to be able to pay this month's bills on the site...

It is not a rare death. I look that 2 times in the last ten years (before not).

No, it's not! A human resources guy when I lived in a large compound in Saudi Arabia told me that when they had to go into an employee's home to check on him because no one had seen him for a few days, that was the first place he usually looked, the most common place to find someone who had died alone.

No, it's not! A human resources guy when I lived in a large compound in Saudi Arabia told me that when they had to go into an employee's home to check on him because no one had seen him for a few days, that was the first place he usually looked, the most common place to find someone who had died alone.

When I was over there, you definitely didn't have to worry about croaking alone on the john. Hell, we felt lucky to have the "newer" portable potty tents with curtains separating each toilet (and no, there was no "door"!)... I don't have any fond memories of my own time spent there!

When I was over there, you definitely didn't have to worry about croaking alone on the john. Hell, we felt lucky to have the "newer" portable potty tents with curtains separating each toilet (and no, there was no "door"!)... I don't have any fond memories of my own time spent there!

Sounds like you were there in Desert Shield/Desert Storm. I was too, but not in the military. We used to host military from all branches in our homes there for the weekend, feed them, wash their clothes, give them a taste of home for a little. We had sons in the military then, but not there. We also drove our 4WD vehicles out to their camps and did barbecues, so I saw all of those tents. Air Force tents were the top of the line air conditioned, and the US Marines was the bottom, just a shelter.

I stayed for 22 years.

Back
Top Bottom