Erotic Illustrations

Go to CruxDreams.com
Not at all montycrusto, we've had a techie chat somewhere about how difficult it is to pose some of the figures they use, you can draw anything possible or impossible.

As an old fart brought up on drawings, I still find them more erotic than shiney CG (though moving CG, that's something else), so keep putting your damsels in distress.

I agree. Even the best CG work has either an unreal or "too real" feel to me compared to the old school drawings. Of course I could never do either so give my opinion all the weight it deserves.

This Sunday sees one of the events which have become part of England's cultural heritage, the Oxford-Cambridge university boat race.

Although this year I hear one of the crews is trying a radical new training technique...
It is not radically new. On the contrary! The Romans already did that to improve their rower's performance! See this screenshot of the Roman Galley scene in Ben-Hur (1925).

Attachments

• galley.jpg
    galley.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 225
Also in these harrowing scenes (by Templeton) you can see how the Barbary Corsairs improved the speed of their galleys in medieval times..

Attachments

• barbary7.png
    barbary7.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 299
  • barbary3.png
    barbary3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 299
  • barbary17.png
    barbary17.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 307
Also in these harrowing scenes (by Templeton) you can see how the Barbary Corsairs improved the speed of their galleys in medieval times..
Of course, the Oxford-Cambridge boats are to small to put on a hortator and for guards with a whip walking between the rowers. So they have to give the whipping onland.:D
To be fair, we don't have controlled experiments, but I suspect whipping rowers AS they row would probably have hurt rather than helped performance. I suspect modern Olympic rowers with much better nutrition and medical care would put Roman or medieval rowers to shame.

To be fair, we don't have controlled experiments, but I suspect whipping rowers AS they row would probably have hurt rather than helped performance. I suspect modern Olympic rowers with much better nutrition and medical care would put Roman or medieval rowers to shame.
Yes, but whipping naked female galley slaves is such fun, you'll feel like you're getting there faster :doh:

Yes, but whipping naked female galley slaves is such fun, you'll feel like you're getting there faster :doh:
Odds makers are actually betting against them. It seems there's a rumor that they are planning to lose on purpose.:D

Let the modern Olympic rowers win if they wish. The media attention will be on the whipped women in the Roman galley. ;)

These are a bit atypical, since they are by a mainstream artist, the late Leon Golub, who is collected by museums such as the Art Institute of Chicago, the Broad Museum in Los Angeles and the Tate Gallery in London. This is the series "Interrogation" done in the early 1980s

240162_4153562.jpg golub_interrogation_i2.jpg 'Interrogation_III',_acrylic_on_linen_painting_by_Leon_Golub,_1981.jpg

Odds makers are actually betting against them. It seems there's a rumor that they are planning to lose on purpose.:D
Sorry, late catching up on this thread - as the Oxford Women's boat was last Saturday -
this poor girl at #4 caught a crab (dug her blade in and lost control) on the very first stroke,

oxford women 2017.JPG

so their start was a disaster. I don't think we can blame the Germans for that :p
But Cambridge Women rowed superbly, they'd have pretty surely won anyway.
And the Oxford Men won handsomely.

Back
Top Bottom