Eulalia In Bronze?

Go to CruxDreams.com

cruxlover

Tribune
my feeling is that it must have been a real pleasure and a great privilege to model for Makar's crux-shoots,​
Perhaps a fitting memorial would be:-
We crucify Eulalia.
Pour plaster all over her (we can leave two straws in her nostrils to breath through, perhaps).
When the plaster is set, we open it up (need to make sure we arrange a joint line).
Dry it out and cast her in bronze.
Where to set up the finished work? Any suggestions?

We crucify Eulalia.
Pour plaster all over her (we can leave two straws in her nostrils to breath through, perhaps).
When the plaster is set, we open it up (need to make sure we arrange a joint line).
Where to set up the finished work? Well let's see.......
I'll take it home, I could use a work of art in my house:devil:

We crucify Eulalia.

Look, ok, if no one else wants it, I'll have it, I can put it in my backyard.
It would be a sacrifice, but I'm prepared to take one for group.
It's not as if I would take pleasure in looking out the window and seeing a statue of Eul crucified, every day . . . . . :p

Yes, there was me thinking there'd be such a demand, we'd be turning out resin replicas :p
Still, 'environmental sculpture' is big these days, you can't walk in the Forest
without coming on strange-looking chunks of rock and metal -
I guess a bronze eulalia would certainly qualify!​

Look, ok, if no one else wants it, I'll have it, I can put it in my backyard.
It would be a sacrifice, but I'm prepared to take one for group.
It's not as if I would take pleasure in looking out the window and seeing a statue of Eul crucified, every day . . . . . :p
Of course - I do believe you - honest.;)

Another thought, with modern technology we can scan the crucified Eulalia digitally. Then use a 3-D printer to make replicas to whatever size we wish.
I can't help feeling though that plastic does not do justice to our Poet Laureate. "Invincible Bronze" as Homer put it must be far more in keeping.
Perhaps the plastic replicas should only be used as patterns to make the moulds for the bronze.
Weighty bronze would make a novelty paper weight (Imaginge fondling Eulalia's naked body each time you use it) or a door knocker likewise.
If we get her to arch her back away from the post, a napkin ring, ideal for fetish club dinner parties.:D

something on these lines?
actually it's a replica of the handle of an Etruscan cosmetics box,
in the shape of a girl acrobat -
the original's in the British Museum.
I do rather like the idea!

girlacrobat.jpg

We crucify Eulalia.
The Louvre Museum or some similar cross roads of the world... How about Times Square? That way she would be on TV every New Years Eve.

The Louvre Museum or some similar cross roads of the world... How about Times Square? That way she would be on TV every New Years Eve.
probably wiser than Scotland at Hogmanay -
I wouldn't last long even in bronze if Edinburgh and Glasgow were fighting over me :D

We can distribute replicas Worldwide.
Glasgow - Stobcross Quay atop the crane.
London - By Tate Modern, astride the approach to the "bouncy" bridge. (Though I did not notice until someone said "the bridge is swaying".)
Myanmar - I leave that to Yupar. (Unless she wants to sacrifice herself - for art - of course.)
Holywood, USA - an extra, extra big Eulalia by the famous sign.
Moscow - Pussy Riot can put her in Xyulo - wanted by criminal international court in The Hague's garden.
And so on - over to you.:D

eul goes viral! :devil:

perhaps a giant alloy version in the 'Etruscan acrobat' pose
could take the place of the wobbly bridge across the Thames,
it would be (even) more fun to walk across it! :devil:

We can distribute replicas Worldwide.
Glasgow - Stobcross Quay atop the crane.
London - By Tate Modern, astride the approach to the "bouncy" bridge. (Though I did not notice until someone said "the bridge is swaying".)
Myanmar - I leave that to Yupar. (Unless she wants to sacrifice herself - for art - of course.)
Holywood, USA - an extra, extra big Eulalia by the famous sign.
Moscow - Pussy Riot can put her in Xyulo - wanted by criminal international court in The Hague's garden.
And so on - over to you.:D
In Tampa, next to local art icon, "The Exploding Chicken".
2465503408_616b0ef1b2.jpg

actually this discussion reminds me of an actual statue in what was a fountain, now not longer in use. It is a naked woman in a position similar to the handle, perhaps only the legs raised. The funny thing is that right next some people put things for sale, and they place a tarp on top of their wares, and either out of practicity or kinkiness one decided that the leg of the naked girl was an appropiate place to tie a rope to hold a corner of the tarp.

I've wanted to take a picture but there is always a lot of people around.
It would be appropiate if statues of Eulalia ended up with ropes tied to her limbs

Back
Top Bottom