Eulalia In Bronze?

Go to CruxDreams.com
actually this discussion reminds me of an actual statue in what was a fountain, now not longer in use. It is a naked woman in a position similar to the handle, perhaps only the legs raised. The funny thing is that right next some people put things for sale, and they place a tarp on top of their wares, and either out of practicity or kinkiness one decided that the leg of the naked girl was an appropiate place to tie a rope to hold a corner of the tarp.

I've wanted to take a picture but there is always a lot of people around.
It would be appropiate if statues of Eulalia ended up with ropes tied to her limbs

Do take a picture !

On the subject of strange public art, a giant milk crate has been proposed for Sydney. Worse, it copies an existing giant milk crate elsewhere.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...006012111?nk=506679a99b5a6d98e03971eec4b4e74b

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...giant-milk-crate/story-fni0cx12-1227007902262

You couldn't make this stuff up

Attachments

• 128745-928e3684-16be-11e4-987e-059c959e1df7.jpg
    128745-928e3684-16be-11e4-987e-059c959e1df7.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Pavilion-sydney.jpg
    Pavilion-sydney.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 900724-86c67608-17c8-11e4-9008-27f67b099eee.jpg
    900724-86c67608-17c8-11e4-9008-27f67b099eee.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 83
I'd love to have a giant milk crate here!
"the Exploding Chicken" has been a landmark - or eyesore - in Tampa since the 70s. It's creator, the late George Sugarman, called it "Untitled", a local columnist came up with the name everyone now calls it. The picture I posted early shows it at it's original site nest to an office building called "The Beer Can".
beercan.jpg
It has since been moved to a round-about near the hockey arena. A nice public place for Eulalia's crucifixion...er...I mean her bronze.
chicken.jpg
However, another good site ocurred to me: next to the statue of justice in front of the new courthouse. I think they'd look good together.
Tampa_Judging_1432571.jpg

Well since we're going off topic and having some fun let me add my "Two cents". Philadelphia is noted for it's statues they are all over the place. The one that gets the most laughs is the Philadelphia Clothespin. It's large, about 15 feet (5M) tall, it's bronze and it stands on Philadelphia's main thoroughfare "Market Street. Google it up and take a look, the funny part is some smart SOB dubbed it the Polish patron saint of Phila.
Helmut
:mad::confused:;)

Well since we're going off topic and having some fun let me add my "Two cents". Philadelphia is noted for it's statues they are all over the place. The one that gets the most laughs is the Philadelphia Clothespin. It's large, about 15 feet (5M) tall, it's bronze and it stands on Philadelphia's main thoroughfare "Market Street. Google it up and take a look, the funny part is some smart SOB dubbed it the Polish patron saint of Phila.
Helmut
:mad::confused:;)
aha polish heart speaking:D but the chlotespin is here
Clothespin-oldenberg.jpg

As requested here it is.
Maybe in other position the statue would be able to provide four anchor points, we would ahve to think about that when desiging Eulalia's

Attachments

• statue.jpg
    statue.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 67
As requested here it is.
Maybe in other position the statue would be able to provide four anchor points, we would ahve to think about that when desiging Eulalia's

The nude girl looks fine, it's just the nasty blue/green concrete structure she has been set in that's totally naff.:mad:
The second view of the "exploding chicken" looks Ok , The view from the side was minging.
Eulalia in bronze would look delicious from all points of the compass.

As requested here it is.

hmm - I'm wondering which of my 'anchor points' you have in mind? :devil:

Yes, there was me thinking there'd be such a demand, we'd be turning out resin replicas :p
Still, 'environmental sculpture' is big these days, you can't walk in the Forest
without coming on strange-looking chunks of rock and metal -
I guess a bronze eulalia would certainly qualify!​

Looks like you were serious, Eul. The price tag shows a reduction from £2250 to £1700 - but that's without the woodwork!

Bronze 15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom