Excerpt from Missing Members - any news?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
She appears to not be on the forum anymore

I'm sure that her intentions were always coming from the right place, but sadly her tactics and treatment of general members often strayed into the realm of being a bully, which is why I think a lot of members (myself included) have had issues with her in the past. I firmly believe that moderators should offer help and support to those who make mistakes, rather than using strict punishment as the default option. If the transgressions continue then of course the response should be scaled up, but no forum can function properly if there is a toxic atmosphere between certain staff and the wider membership...

Again this goes back to the question of transparency, which I've always been 100% in favour of - secrecy breeds distrust and that leads to hostility, leading to a "them-and-us" situation, which is likely why we are seeing all this drama now. I don't know what went on behind the scenes and frankly it doesn't matter, but I do believe that there should be far more transparency between the staff and the general membership, in order to preserve the warm and friendly environment that has always made this forum such a great place to hang out...

OK, so all the moderators have evidently formed a cabal of secrecy concerning Melissa.

How 'bout this, mods: If you won't reveal the details of Melissa's leaving, at least tell us WHY you won't reveal it. To do otherwise is, frankly, insulting to the intelligence and devotion of the members of the Forum. And you might regain our rapidly disappearing trust if you would at least give us that much info.

This is all I will have to say on this matter.

Your rep--

Tribunus Plebis poem21045 (That's "tribune of the people," BTW.)

OK, so all the moderators have evidently formed a cabal of secrecy concerning Melissa.

How 'bout this, mods: If you won't reveal the details of Melissa's leaving, at least tell us WHY you won't reveal it. To do otherwise is, frankly, insulting to the intelligence and devotion of the members of the Forum. And you might regain our rapidly disappearing trust if you would at least give us that much info.

Your rep--

While I am also somewhat curious as to what went on behind the scenes, I really don't think that keeping the wound open is really going to do much good so I'm all for going back to having fun in here :)

I’m glad the last few pages of this thread turned around to show that most people here are interested in keeping this place alive and well in unity. I personally appreciate that the moderators have done a lot of hard unpaid work to keep things as safe as possible for the content our community shares. My own work as a painter and model and writer wouldn’t have much of an audience without this site and I don’t know where else I’d want to be.

I just hope if I ever do leave, the mods will protect my identity to the best of their abilities. And it seems from my interactions that they would.

This thread subject bothers me a bit because I think people should be free to come and go. Noting and theorizing upon the absence of anyone is intrusive in my opinion. If someone wants to leave, they shouldn’t have to justify it. There are many personal reasons that have nothing to do with the site or its members or mods.

at least tell us WHY you won't reveal it.
Well, that's a fairly easy question... it is entirely up to members whether they stay here or leave, but, as Judith has said, if they choose to leave, and we haven't banned them for any reason, then it really is up to them whether or not to post their goodbyes. It isn't appropriate for any of us to make statements on their behalf that they haven't chosen to make themselves.

Your rep--

I do think a mod statement or an admin statement regarding what happened would be best at this point. Knowing the facts, the mod team took the right actions. But many of those facts should be made public.

I do think a mod statement or an admin statement regarding what happened would be best at this point. Knowing the facts, the mod team took the right actions. But many of those facts should be made public.
What facts are necessary in a forum full of anonymous profiles to protect against our personal lives being compromised? It seems silly to me that people are accusing the mods of being secretive when they absolutely should not reveal information about someone who has chosen to exit.

I’m glad the last few pages of this thread turned around to show that most people here are interested in keeping this place alive and well in unity. I personally appreciate that the moderators have done a lot of hard unpaid work to keep things as safe as possible for the content our community shares. My own work as a painter and model and writer wouldn’t have much of an audience without this site and I don’t know where else I’d want to be.

I just hope if I ever do leave, the mods will protect my identity to the best of their abilities. And it seems from my interactions that they would.

This thread subject bothers me a bit because I think people should be free to come and go. Noting and theorizing upon the absence of anyone is intrusive in my opinion. If someone wants to leave, they shouldn’t have to justify it. There are many personal reasons that have nothing to do with the site or its members or mods.
People are of course free to join, or leave this forums, or tune their activity according what they (can) allow themselves in their real life.
Nevertheless, when they decide to leave, or reduce their activity, or stay away, a brief message by that member could be helpful to avoid unnecessary worries. After all, this forums works the best as a community, which adds value to our presence here, and after all, we often 'work together' here and make fun during years and it is always a pity to see someone go.
I think, the purpose of this thread is first of all to inquire about members that suddenly vanished without notification, not to 'control' them, but it sometimes happens that members communicate with each other on PM, or even in other forums, and it is just a relieve to learn that a member is still there, but apparently has (temporaly) moved somewhere else. A missing member is always a sad event, that makes fear the worst. I think, among others, at Dorothy Brown and Piraland.
So this thread is to my opionion certainly not about requiring a 'justification' of a leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom