Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other

Go to CruxDreams.com

Drowning a mermaid?:doh:

I think there is some evidence that the earliest use of crux was a non-fatal punishment rather similar to the British Army practice of tying a soldier to a gun wheel.

I suspect this poor Mermaid is the captive pilot of some air breather ship and is being tormented or perhaps mockingly rewarded with spending time in her natural environment knowing it will snatched away at some coming moment.

Phlebas, do you know the origin of #10? I have seen several similar pics in the desert of some sort of a gathering. It looks like a lot of fun!

Yes, as others have said, it's an old pic from Burning Man, I did mention this but I didn't make clear which one it was. There are often crucifixions there, or at least there used to be.
A few more, and some near crux:
fotojam.14208.jpg 8779236_orig.jpg 2873286803_8673129ac3.jpg

Yes, as others have said, it's an old pic from Burning Man, I did mention this but I didn't make clear which one it was. There are often crucifixions there, or at least there used to be.
A few more, and some near crux:
View attachment 424720 View attachment 424722 View attachment 424728
There was much more freedom, apparently, in the old days of Burning Man. Since they started selling tickets, the state government decided it wanted tax paid . Additionally, security became a concern and the state now largely prohibits nudity in many parts of he camp. It's apparently not the same festival now as it was back in 2002.

There was much more freedom, apparently, in the old days of Burning Man. Since they started selling tickets, the state government decided it wanted tax paid . Additionally, security became a concern and the state now largely prohibits nudity in many parts of he camp. It's apparently not the same festival now as it was back in 2002.
Nudity prohibited?:( Government always ruins the fun!:mad:

Of course not!!! Anytime the state wants to "protect" something that never needed protecting, it starts with making everyone put their clothes on. Amazing! We can't forget that nudity kills.:confused:

Why on earth should nudity be a security risk?
If someone's got something to hide, surely they'll have clothes on? :p :cool:
Not really the point they were focusing on. There are now small children that go to BAN with their parents, and the state seems to want to promote morality. This disregards the fact that these are likely the kids of the original attendees and probably have seen more nudity in their lives than a teenager with a Playboy subscription. As soon as your event makes or exchanges any money, some state entity will butt in, and then make it all about a moral code you were all trying to escape for a bit.

Not really the point they were focusing on. There are now small children that go to BAN with their parents, and the state seems to want to promote morality. This disregards the fact that these are likely the kids of the original attendees and probably have seen more nudity in their lives than a teenager with a Playboy subscription. As soon as your event makes or exchanges any money, some state entity will butt in, and then make it all about a moral code you were all trying to escape for a bit.
Since when did nudity endanger our children?

Since when did nudity endanger our children?
I would, of course, argue that it doesn't, but in a society where people still debate whether kids should learn about their own sexuality, and where much of society continues to see the body as "dirty" and sex almost as a necessary evil (while simultaneously being obsessed with it), the notion that there are children at an event where people are running around free and naked gives law enforcement people the willies. There is an association of nudity with indecency. To them, any of this harms children.

When Burning Man started, it was free. Information about it was spread by word of mouth and in various forums on the internet (as I understand the history of the festival). It was specifically put into the New Mexico desert so that it would be far away from anyone who might be offended by the free spirits attending. Apparently that didn't work out for very long.

I would, of course, argue that it doesn't, but in a society where people still debate whether kids should learn about their own sexuality, and where much of society continues to see the body as "dirty" and sex almost as a necessary evil (while simultaneously being obsessed with it), the notion that there are children at an event where people are running around free and naked gives law enforcement people the willies. There is an association of nudity with indecency. To them, any of this harms children.

When Burning Man started, it was free. Information about it was spread by word of mouth and in various forums on the internet (as I understand the history of the festival). It was specifically put into the New Mexico desert so that it would be far away from anyone who might be offended by the free spirits attending. Apparently that didn't work out for very long.
Great Point Jollyrei!!! I agree, there is a time and a place.
Society doesn't make sense at times.
OMG call the police and get a doctor, a young boy saw bare breasts!!!

Back
Top Bottom