is Francis Bacon:

bacon crucifixion.jpg
3 studies for a crucifixion

bacon figures at base.jpg
3 studies for figures at the base of a cross

Nelson Aquini.jpg
Nelson Aquini's take on the above :devil:

Yes, I'd noticed that, Monty :D
I hope that doesn't mean you've seen my vanilla artwork (where the influence is much clearer)... otherwise I'd better start sending you large jiffy bags full of cash to protect my secret identity... :eek:

The central image in the triptych also reminds me of your stirring avatar on deviantart, Eulalia :) titled "Prisoner", by Demonrat . I like "Prisoner 2" as well..
prisoner_by_demonrat-d5kpb9v.jpg prisoner_2_by_demonrat-d5kpbgh.jpg

"Out, vile jelly..." :eek:

I hope that doesn't mean you've seen my vanilla artwork (where the influence is much clearer)... otherwise I'd better start sending you large jiffy bags full of cash to protect my secret identity... :eek:
trouble is, I'd have to reveal mine so you could send me those jiffy bags :devil:
but no, I was just thinking your drawings here and on DevArt affect me in somewhat the same way as FB's,
a mixture of horror and fascination. ditto DemonRat's 'Prisoner',
though in a way I feel it's a bit too 'dark' for my personality now,
when I chose it I was in a much more depressed state,
that was before CruxForums had cheered me up!! :D

'Dacoits' was an Anglo-Indian word for robbers. What went on in Burma was pretty nasty, to judge from Wiki :eek:
(not that the British did much to discourage such local customs :rolleyes:)

In Burma, crucifixion was a central element in several execution rituals. Felix Carey, a missionary in Burma from 1806–12 wrote the following:

Four or five persons, after being nailed through their hands and feet to a scaffold, had first their tongues cut out, then their mouths slit open from ear to ear, then their ears cut off, and finally their bellies ripped open.

Six people were crucified in the following manner: their hands and feet nailed to a scaffold; then their eyes were extracted with a blunt hook; and in this condition they were left to expire; two died in the course of four days ; the rest were liberated, but died of mortification on the sixth or seventh day.

Four persons were crucified, viz. not nailed but tied with their hands and feet stretched out at full length, in an erect posture. In this posture they were to remain till death; every thing they wished to eat was ordered them with a view to prolong their lives and misery. In cases like this, the legs and feet of the criminals begin to swell and mortify at the expiration of three or four days; some are said to live in this state for a fortnight, and expire at last from fatigue and mortification. Those which I saw, were liberated at the end of three or four days.

I'd have to reveal mine so you could send me those jiffy bags
I could just nail them to random trees in the Northern Forest - I'm sure you would find them eventually..:D
your drawings here and on DevArt affect me in somewhat the same way as FB's,
a mixture of horror and fascination.
Going to take that as a compliment... I think... :rolleyes:
I was in a much more depressed state,
that was before CruxForums had cheered me up!!
I look forward to lowering your spirits again on deviant art...:p and in fact I want to go even deeper and darker in 2017... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom