If Anyone Is Good With Window 7

Go to CruxDreams.com

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
Tree needs help (Shut up, Ulrika, that's not funny).

To down load DAZ into Poser Pro 2010, I'm told I have to change the the name from PoserPro.exe to Poser.exe and to do so I need to 'select folder options'.

Can't find it!!!

Help!

Tree

Folder Options is in the control panel in windoze 7 - why the fuck they have to keep moving things around like that is beyond me but its a serious pain in the arse.

Hope u got a powerful computer Mr Tree - Poser Pro will barely run on my PC :(

I also find i very much more complicated to get into than the earlier versions

I think the latest Poser requires the latest version of adobe air to be instaled before the libraries will work properly (they still don't on mine, but I have XP so maybe that's the problem).

This latest Poser is a real nightmare to get running though :(
Much prefer v4 or v5 as they were really easy to set up and use. Sadly if you want photo-realism you got to have the newer versions, with all the headaches that come along with it.

(This is why I don't do Poser stuff at the moment)

Ok, dumb question I know, but have you tried to do a "Save as", or even rename the folder? I don't have Poser, so forgive my ignorance.

Should be easy enough to do but Poser is a VERY fussy program regarding where its files are located. For maximum compatibility with files from earlier versions, it advises to use the old poser/runtime/libraries etc paths. (did that but the damn libraries still won't work on mine)

The computer should handle it... It tried not to but tree threatened it with his 9mm Glock...

Folder Options is in the control panel in windoze 7 - why the fuck they have to keep moving things around like that is beyond me but its a serious pain in the arse.

see previous "XP" comment, couldn't agree more...

Ok, dumb question I know, but have you tried to do a "Save as", or even rename the folder? I don't have Poser, so forgive my ignorance.

The question is no dunber than the guy you are it of, I will try it and let you know...

Thanks for all the ideas. I'll get there.

I hope you enjoy when I get there.

Someone (sorry, can't find who) mentioned an Adobe upgrade. You are not going anywhere without it!!!!

T

A lot of what goes on in the latest version of Poser seem to use Flash so make sur you have the very latest Flash Player and Adbobe air installed. Might need .net framework too, but if you have Windows 7 you should already have that.

I'm pretty sure it should work better with win7 than with XP though (sadly most modern software is like that)

Tree needs help (Shut up, Ulrika, that's not funny).

To down load DAZ into Poser Pro 2010, I'm told I have to change the the name from PoserPro.exe to Poser.exe and to do so I need to 'select folder options'.

Can't find it!!!

Help!

Tree

DAZ's installer verifies that the "runtime" location it is installing into is valid by checking to see if there is a Poser.exe file there. With Poser Pro, the executable file is not named that way, so you need a work-around. One way to do that is to create a dummy file using Notepad or whatever, save it to a the location where the PoserPro executable should reside, and rename it to Poser.exe. It doesn't actually matter what is in the file itself as long as the name matches what DAZ's installer expects.

A lot of Poser artists, me included, set up many runtimes in order to organize their content. For example, I have an Environments folder that has a runtime folder beneath it and all of the Poser library structure beneath that, i.e. Environments\Runtime\Libraries, etc. I also have individual runtimes set up for V4, M4, materials, lighting, and even one for crux stuff. If you place a dummy Poser.exe file underneath the Environments folder and above the Runtime folder, DAZ will install into that runtime with no issues.

Here's a link to a more thorough explanation of how to do this: https://support.smithmicro.com/app/...installing-daz-content-into-poser-for-windows

I use Windows 7 64-bit, have Poser Pro 2012 now and used to use the 2010 version. I have my runtimes in my Documents folder rather than under the main installation, which is off in the Programs folders. If you try to install your content into the main runtime that Poser Pro sets up under the Programs folder, you might have problems with permissions and Windows 7 blocking you. The only content I have in the main runtime is the stuff that came with Poser Pro and some third-party Python scripts.

Hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions - I've been using Poser since around 1996.

Jedakk

Someone is complaining about Windows 7 being complicated, you want to try windows8 , the first time that screen came up i just wanted to die ,it took me an hour to find out how to close it down

Ugh Windows 8 is horrible :(

This is a classic example of Microsoft giving the public what they don't want and not giving them what they do.

If they had simply provided a choice of desktop environments then that would have been fine. What would have been REALLY cool would have been an option in the shutdown menu to "Restart in Desktop Mode" or "Restart in Tablet Mode", depending on what mode you were in at the time - much as the old Windows 3.x had the "Restart in MS-DOS Mode" functionality (Showing my age now)

Infuriating GUI aside, there's not much in Windows 8 Desktop Mode that isn't in Windows 7 (Except that Windows 7 is several orders of magnitude slicker, if only because you're not constantly swapping between the two GUIs all the time), and most, if not all of your Windows 7 software will work fine on it. Tablet mode would be absolutely awesome on a good touchscreen, but Microsoft have once again managed to steal defeat from the jaws of victory but making it totally incompatible with pre-existing Windows software, forcing you to but software from the Windows Store, rather than simply installing your existing stuff onto it like any other version of Windows (The only real reason to use Windows in the first place is for software compatibility - take that away and there's no reason to use it).

I'm sure that Microsoft would say that the incompatibility is the result of a different hardware platform, rather than a deliberate attempt to force its hard-pressed customers to buy all their software over again, but surely the point of any OS is to provide an interface between the hardware and software. This should allow (properly written) software to work perfectly wel regardless of the actual hardware, since the software should communicate with the OS rather than with the hardware directly, and the OS should provide a seamless interface with the hardware itself.

At least that's the way it's supposed to work. Therefore, the only possible reason for the incompatibility can be corporate greed.

Linux is looking pretty good right now, as that will run most windows software via WINE (not sure about being able to run heavyweight stuff like Poser though - but then again that won't run properly here on Windows either...)

DAZ's installer verifies that the "runtime" location it is installing into is valid by checking to see if there is a Poser.exe file there.
I use Windows 7 64-bit, have Poser Pro 2012 now and used to use the 2010 version. I have my runtimes in my Documents folder rather than under the main installation, which is off in the Programs folders. If you try to install your content into the main runtime that Poser Pro sets up under the Programs folder, you might have problems with permissions and Windows 7 blocking you.
install as administrator solved that problem
The only content I have in the main runtime is the stuff that came with Poser Pro and some third-party Python scripts.

Hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions - I've been using Poser since around 1996.

Jedakk
see his Sabinaproject

Ugh Windows 8 is horrible :(

This is a classic example of Microsoft giving the public what they don't want and not giving them what they do.

At least that's the way it's supposed to work. Therefore, the only possible reason for the incompatibility can be corporate greed.

Linux is looking pretty good right now, as that will run most windows software via WINE (not sure about being able to run heavyweight stuff like Poser though - but then again that won't run properly here on Windows either...)
Yes linux, but it is the way Microsoft always used.
Who knows Wordperfect the (first) word-processor I used in the eighty's and the best i ever used. ( famous because the underwater-screen they used for correcting the lay out)
But Uncle Bill would save the poor users of his system money by including the word-processor in the new windows-shell (3.0) they called it write, after some years (most (office)people are accustomed to it they made it another brand Microsoft Office and people had to pay for it. Bringing the brands wordperfect and lotus out of the picture.
the same way they used for their browser. In the seventy and eighties we used mostly Netscape but because the mighty Bill wanted that market too and Microsoft build the browser in the IOS.

Well I use Firefox, which is essentially an open-source version of Netscape. Netscape was my second web browser (Before that I used Spry Mosaic - anyone here remember that?) and I have NEVER used internet explorer, because it's just a huge security incident looking for somewhere to happen.

I still do most of my writing in Wordpad (Windows Write under a different name). MS Word is hugely over-bloated for what it is. If I have to do proper layout design, I use an ancient version of MS Publisher (MSPub97) which is just fine.

First word procesor I ever used was Tasword on a 48K Sinclair Spectrum (yep, complete with the rubber keys), followed later by WriteOn on the Atari ST. After that I went over to a PC (40MHz 386DX running MS-DOS 6.2 and Windows 3.1 with 4Mb RAM! (yes folks, that's Mb, not Gb) and a staggering 260Mb hard disk...

Those were the days :)

:rolleyes: but Grandpere use some new too nowadays and much are much better but............................ yes sometimes dreaming about those good old days..........with Elvis, Beatles and......................protester against all those world military and political leaders.

and sometimes........................yep......................... I'm a grumbler

and sometimes........................yep......................... I'm a grumbler

You and me both :)

I'm afraid that Elvis and The Beatles were a little before my time - for me it was Duran Duran, Bananarama and Kate Bush :)

Back
Top Bottom