Its F*king annoying!

Go to CruxDreams.com

Andras

Assistant executioner
Ok Folks, I write this, because I am not sure if only I have this issue or is it a common thing. Maybe my computer have some virus or something...
You know, I am usually surfing on the net just to find new crucifixion art pictures. (They can be never enough.)
It started some weeks ago, and it is more and more frequent: I search on a combination of keywords ('crucifixion' is always one of them) and for the first look the results look fine, than when I click on them I find myself on some totally irrelevant webpage, like mining, building, tools, business... and they somehow look very similar to me.
Did anyone also experienced this? Is this virus, or what??

Here are some examples:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 74
Ok Folks, I write this, because I am not sure if only I have this issue or is it a common thing. Maybe my computer have some virus or something...
You know, I am usually surfing on the net just to find new crucifixion art pictures. (They can be never enough.)
It started some weeks ago, and it is more and more frequent: I search on a combination of keywords ('crucifixion' is always one of them) and for the first look the results look fine, than when I click on them I find myself on some totally irrelevant webpage, like mining, building, tools, business... and they somehow look very similar to me.
Did anyone also experienced this? Is this virus, or what??

Here are some examples:
Yes, this happens to me. I don't think it's a virus. I think it's just something some web pages do to spoof Google's search engine. I don't know exactly how, nor do I understand why a mining equipment advertiser would want a page read by someone looking for "crucifixion". Maybe, like robocalls, it's so cheap and easy the advertisers use all kinds of words to get eyeballs. Yes, it certainly is annoying.

AdwCleaner too - which belongs to the Malwarebytes producers now,
cleans out the sort of bugs that might well be causing this kind of trouble.
CCleaner also!
You can't depend only on your Antiviris software these day!!!!!!!!!!

This is not a problem I have ever run into. I agree with Melissa that this sounds like a malware issue. Something is running on your system and messing with your searches.

In addition to the fixes suggested by Mel, Eulalia, and Siss, I would suggest you run some sort of website rating guide as well, as an addon to your browser. I use WOT (Web of Trust) which rates sites based on user feedback. It will tell you things like which sites install malware on your system, so you can avoid them going forward. Make sure your antivirus is up to date as well.

Sounds like your browser has been hijacked. Just to make sure download and run the free Malwarebytes.
I will point out that I have McAffee antivirus on my machine, it does warn me about questionable websites when they are listed after a search, and all my scans (which happen at the minimum of once a week) come back clean. Also, I do not see this problem with other types of searches. No anti-virus software is perfect, and McAfee's warnings are due to detected "questionable behavior". Sometimes I get them for sites that I know are OK.
As I said, it is not clear to me why a mining equipment site would target people who search on "crucifixion" just to get eyeballs. (If the site has ads, it makes some sense, since they would be paid by the click and operate on the same principle that sometimes generates credit card offers for your pet cat, but it makes no sense to me if it's the site of a business that sells equipment.) But it is also not clear why such a site would install a virus on your machine.
Search engines do use algorithms to decide what to show and the order in which to show them, based on keywords on the site.
It is never a bad idea, however, to install anti-virus software and scan your machine, as others here suggest.
I also have two machines. The one I use for credit card purchases and banking I NEVER use for general web searches or visiting sites like cruxforums. That is another safeguard. My "business" machine also runs SuperAnti-Spyware, which costs less than $40 a year.
Good luck.

If something has got into Google you can go into settings and restore to original defaults
i had an add problem two weeks ago and restoring Google fixed it, just make sure you don`t
delete your saved passwords

It's obviously just picking up the first three letters "Cru" and then matching to the nearest business description (Crushing Machines) ..... most other words starting Cru are Verbs, Nouns and Adjectives .... few of which lend themselves to business names .... annoying coincidence it would seem.

This is not a problem I have ever run into. I agree with Melissa that this sounds like a malware issue. Something is running on your system and messing with your searches.

In addition to the fixes suggested by Mel, Eulalia, and Siss, I would suggest you run some sort of website rating guide as well, as an addon to your browser. I use WOT (Web of Trust) which rates sites based on user feedback. It will tell you things like which sites install malware on your system, so you can avoid them going forward. Make sure your antivirus is up to date as well.
Please read it Jolly, especially the section over privacy issues.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOT_Services

Which proves that multiple apps are needed and cross running them ... never hurts!

;)

I will point out that I have McAffee antivirus on my machine, it does warn me about questionable websites when they are listed after a search, and all my scans (which happen at the minimum of once a week) come back clean.
I've too and I'm happy with it ; of course, it's paying but you've not good free protection !

...just make sure you don`t
delete your saved passwords

I've a rule : never let a password on a site ; it's not so much difficult to tape it when you're coming to a site ...
And a good password does be set up with some capital letters, lower case letters, numerals and punctuation ...;)

I've too and I'm happy with it ; of course, it's paying but you've not good free protection !

I've a rule : never let a password on a site ; it's not so much difficult to tape it when you're coming to a site ...
And a good password does be set up with some capital letters, lower case letters, numerals and punctuation ...;)

Sorry Messaline but if i did`nt let google store my passwords i would`nt even get on to Crux, if it were not for googles
saved passwords i would`nt know what my password is for for this site, some of us girls are real scatterbrains you know
i have always used Kaspersky and have just renewed it for another year and it has never let me down

Sorry Messaline but if i did`nt let google store my passwords i would`nt even get on to Crux, if it were not for googles
saved passwords i would`nt know what my password is for for this site, some of us girls are real scatterbrains you know
i have always used Kaspersky and have just renewed it for another year and it has never let me down
I learned today, it exist differences between blondes. :sherlock:
I confess, I am more how Doro.

Back
Top Bottom